AAC Championship - Houston 12/4 4:00 ABC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    The UC coaching tree is incredible. Maybe someone such as Oldtimer can create a page highlighting all of the coaches that had stops at UC.
    Mike Tomlin comes to mind as an assistant.

Comment

Wow, finally just saw the end of the Baylor Oklahoma State game! Thank you, Baylor!

Great win for the Bearcats! Been a blast following this team. I first went to UC football games during the CUSA days and part of the fun was hoping to see some of the basketball team at the game… I remember watching the Fickell press conference and being pretty excited but not knowing what he could really do here, just that I had optimism he could be the “right guy,” even though, like many, I “liked” but maybe didn’t “love” the possibility when his name was first mentioned as a serious contender. I then remember watching videos of the guys running at 5 or 6 am in the snow, thinking this looked like they were building something. It was a tough first year but starting with that UCLA game in year 2, it’s been quite the ride since … I saw Desmond Ridder in the Apple store at the Kenwood mall just days after his first season ended and I congratulated him. Figured he’d have a nice career. Should’ve gotten a selfie in hindsight. Maybe only have been to one game so far in the Fickell era (2019 vs Tulsa) but the couch hasn’t been too bad watching this program!
      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 12-04-2021, 11:18 PM.

Comment

“🎤Tony Mason and his boys are facing, some of the finest teams in the Nation. In Cincinnati, we’ve gone Bearcatty over our football team!”

That jingle in how long I’ve been following UC football. What a wonderful time to be alive!
        My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Great game, but our field goal attempts have gone from bad to ridiculously bad. Missing a 22 yard field goal for a team that’s undefeated is almost unbelievable. It must be some sort of mental block as the extra points look pretty good. Let’s hope we recruit a good JC transfer who can step in next year.

B.C.
          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I feel really great for Jim Kelly Jr. on this win tonight. I’ll bet he had to be thinking about his dad, Jim Sr. who was an all time UC guy and member of the UC HOF. Now Jim gets to work a playoff game, which his Dad may never have imagined.
            Last edited by longtimefan; 12-05-2021, 01:11 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              The UC coaching tree is incredible. Maybe someone such as Oldtimer can create a page highlighting all of the coaches that had stops at UC.
              John Harbaugh and Jimbo Fisher were on Minter's staff, along with Mike Tomlin.

Comment

Meanwhile Brian Kelly slithers away to the swamps and is faking a cajun accent, and has never been to a CFP. I would've never predicted UC would be in the CFP before he would, after he left.
                Last edited by Cliftonite; 12-05-2021, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

John Harbaugh and Jimbo Fisher were on Minter's staff, along with Mike Tomlin.
                  Taking it back with Sid Gillman...who created what would become the “West Coast” offense at UC, before taking it with him onto the NFL/AFL.

Comment

Mason, Watson Brown, Ralph Staub among others - I remember the songs -

I dont think you can include Watson Brown. If I remember correctly he wasn't here long enough to even have a cup of coffee. Didn't he take another job, shaking the UC dust off His shoes before coaching his first game? I dont want to be a debbie downer but I dont want to give credit to someone who didn't participate in being a Bearcat either! His dust trail leaving Cincy was more turbulent than sleazy Kelly's! Anyway, Cincinnati Bearcats, national champions! Has a nice ring to it

Comment

• Looking at the game stats while watching the replay of the game, I did not realize UC went 0-8 on third downs and 0-1 on fourth downs. I realize we had the one conversion by penalty, but wow.
                      Josh Rexhausen
                      CE'99

Comment

• Jut got to the overturned fumble in the early fourth, the rules guy got it wrong, and he thought the 4th down PI against Houston was bad so maybe his judgment was poor. I would like more info on the PF on Bush, it looked like they were both jawing at each other.
                        Other notes, 40+ min and 73 plays for Houston, 20- and 45 plays for Cincy. Wow.
                        Josh Rexhausen
                        CE'99

Comment

• Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post
                          Meanwhile Brian Kelly slithers away to the swamps and is faking a cajun accent, and has never been to a CFP. I would've never predicted UC would be in the CFP before he would, after he left.
                          Notre Dame has been in two of the last three seasons, granted losing 61-17 (combined) in those two games

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Mike Tomlin comes to mind as an assistant.
                            as did John Harbaugh, Zac Taylor, Rex Ryan coach in the NFL with Gilman and Chuck Studley as NFL HCs. For college Pat Narduzzi ,Marcus Freeman, Joker Phillips and my favorite Joe Morrison among so many more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                              Mason, Watson Brown, Ralph Staub among others - I remember the songs -

I dont think you can include Watson Brown. If I remember correctly he wasn't here long enough to even have a cup of coffee. Didn't he take another job, shaking the UC dust off His shoes before coaching his first game? I dont want to be a debbie downer but I dont want to give credit to someone who didn't participate in being a Bearcat either! His dust trail leaving Cincy was more turbulent than sleazy Kelly's! Anyway, Cincinnati Bearcats, national champions! Has a nice ring to it
                              He was still the HC for a season which I remember quite well. I remember Staub from OSU was to be the savior of the program. Oh well

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                                “🎤Tony Mason and his boys are facing, some of the finest teams in the Nation. In Cincinnati, we’ve gone Bearcatty over our football team!”

That jingle in how long I’ve been following UC football. What a wonderful time to be alive!
                                Coach Ralph Staub will do the job was another lyric.. For BB, who can forget Bear Catlett.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X