No announcement yet.

College Football Playoff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama was much bigger and stronger than I thought. Still, much more respectable than the Sugar Bowl was 10 years ago when it was 42 to nothing at halftime, or something like that. That was ugly, real ugly.

Glad to see that Cole Smith had a chance to kick a couple field goals, and both of them went through very nicely.

Proud of the team, and glad I was alive during the pinnacle of UC football. Let’s hope good things happen with the Big 12.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• SO SO proud of this team... my football analysis is that defensive line / scheme has to improve. You are not gonna win games giving up that many yards rushing. If you look at our struggle games, inability to get off the field vs running teams. That being said.. let me return to .. SO SO PROUD OF THIS TEAM !

Comment

• We got beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We are in the same company of nearly all teams that have played in the CFP. The Bearcats had a really good team this year and gave us some memories that we will not forget. If there is any sort of celebration planned when our guys get back home, let's go out there and show our support. Go Bearcats.

It's a seven-year sample, but only four of the 14 CFP semifinals have been decided by 14 points or less. (NOW FOUR of SIXTEEN by 14 or fewer points).
        Semi Finals-
        2014: Oregon 59 Florida State 20 (39 pt blowout)
        2015: Alabama 38 Michigan State 0 (38 pt blowout)
        2015: Clemson 37 Oklahoma 17 (20 pt blowout)
        2016: Clemson 31 Ohio State 0 (31 pt blowout)
        2016: Alabama 24 Washington 7 (17 pt loss)
        2017: Alabama 24 Clemson 6 (18 pt loss)
        2018: Clemson 30 Notre Dame 3 (27 pt blowout)
        2019: LSU 63 Oklahoma 28 (35 pt blowout)
        2020: Ohio State 49 Clemson 28 (21 pt blowout)
        2020: Alabama 31 Notre Dame 14 (17 pt loss)
        Finals:
        2015: Ohio State 42 Oregon 20 (22 pt blowout)
        2019: Clemson 44 Alabama 16 (28 pt blowout)
        2020: LSU 42 Clemson 25 (17 pt loss)
        2021: Alabama 52 Ohio State 24 (28 pt blowout)
        In all of these blowouts, did anyone ever say that the losing team did not belong?
        Last edited by bearcatbret; 01-01-2022, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• So... Did Cincinnati belong more than Michigan? Just asking.
          Josh Rexhausen
          CE'99

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post
            So... Did Cincinnati belong more than Michigan? Just asking.
            At this point, does it really matter? Only twice did Alabama score less than 27.
            Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 01-01-2022, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• The game went as I feared. When UC struggled this year it was games where they couldn’t really stop the run. Murray State, Navy, Tulsa all dominated us in the run game. I was afraid Alabama would do it too, and they did. Our strength is our secondary, but Alabama never really had to win that battle.

I’m really proud of this team, and all they accomplished. I’m proud of the UC fan turnout in Dallas, we outshowed Alabama there.

The mountain last night was just a little too high, but this team legitimately deserved to be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                The game went as I feared. When UC struggled this year it was games where they couldn’t really stop the run. Murray State, Navy, Tulsa all dominated us in the run game. I was afraid Alabama would do it too, and they did. Our strength is our secondary, but Alabama never really had to win that battle.

I’m really proud of this team, and all they accomplished. I’m proud of the UC fan turnout in Dallas, we outshowed Alabama there.

The mountain last night was just a little too high, but this team legitimately deserved to be there.
                The Offensive coordinator is the much underappreciated Bill O'Brien. He correctly saw the weakness of the cats and attacked it with his running game. He coached at PSU after the fiasco and was getting them back, till he took that NFL job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

At this point, does it really matter? Only twice did Alabama score less than 27.
                  I believe the UC defense would have done very well against scUM. What I wonder about would have been the pass rush of UM. Could Ford been able to get through the initial line? I wanted UC to play them, but -- Alabama beat Georgia and so they were 1. On to next year . I think UC is getting better dl recruits so CLF knows the need. The OL needs help as well.

Comment

• Our only two losses the past two years have been to the teams playing for the National Championship. We are the only team to go undefeated in the regular season the past two years, 22-0!

Comment

• Originally posted by sloppydj13 View Post
                      Our only two losses the past two years have been to the teams playing for the National Championship. We are the only team to go undefeated in the regular season the past two years, 22-0!
                      sadly, the mantra in sports is what have you done lately. I like the national tv and many a young lineman was watching . Hopefully it wasn't just to see Alabama. That game gets feet in the doors of HS players.

Comment

• I'm looking back at the game and thinking I don't know what we do differently that would have affected the outcome. We didn't turn the ball over, we didn't miss kicks. Passing game couldn't open it up because of Alabama's defense. Offensive line had a hard time opening holes for Ford against a bigger D-line. A lot of people will argue with the offensive play calls or the defensive scheme against the run but those things are the things that got us into the game we played yesterday for better or worse. Alabama is well coached and knew what our weaknesses were and exploited them.

I'm nothing but grateful for the ride this season. This has been a lot of fun and this team is the best team in UC history record wise and talent wise. This coaching staff and the players have been money all season and the outcome against a superior opponent doesn't change that. We didn't topple Goliath but we made it to the fight and that's very hard to do for a team in our position. We definitely belonged there.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          I'm looking back at the game and thinking I don't know what we do differently that would have affected the outcome. We didn't turn the ball over, we didn't miss kicks. Passing game couldn't open it up because of Alabama's defense. Offensive line had a hard time opening holes for Ford against a bigger D-line. A lot of people will argue with the offensive play calls or the defensive scheme against the run but those things are the things that got us into the game we played yesterday for better or worse. Alabama is well coached and knew what our weaknesses were and exploited them.

I'm nothing but grateful for the ride this season. This has been a lot of fun and this team is the best team in UC history record wise and talent wise. This coaching staff and the players have been money all season and the outcome against a superior opponent doesn't change that. We didn't topple Goliath but we made it to the fight and that's very hard to do for a team in our position. We definitely belonged there.
                          Well written Lobot. UC was simply beaten by a superior team. Although the score was not close, UC proved they belonged. Like Dublanko said there were a few plays that would have made a difference and UC was close to making those plays. Not enough to change the outcome but to change the final score to not seem so lopsided.

Great season for which we can all be thankful and cherish the memories created.

Comment

• On to the future and kicking down more doors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                              Very proud of the team and their accomplishments. Wish the offense could have been competent enough to make the final score respectable. Bright future as long as Fickel stays.
                              Might have been a LITTLE more respectable if the pass to a wide open receiver in the end zone doesn't get knocked down (tied the score at 7 and proved we could get into the end zone against them) and/or recover the muffed point and scored. Wouldn't have made a difference in the final outcome, they simply are a better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                                Cole Smith back to kicking FG and XP attempts today, Apparently he’s been having really good practices.
                                2 for 2 on field goals. One bright spot.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X