Perry Eliano to OSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry Eliano to OSU

Pete Thamel reporting that Eliano is taking the safeties coach position at OSU https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...33279249891336

I never thought a day will come when OSU will start taking our coaches.

Comment

They have been trained by the best young OSU alum coach. Plus they already took Coombs. He was a coach at UC. Their LB coach Al Washington also coached at UC and then went to Michigan. Not good with basically a new staff when new pieces have to be brought into the system.

Comment

Will any follow him?

Comment

Coombs was fired -- could CLF grab him. Cincy is his home and he is a special DB coach, but not a DC. I think UC is in the Ohio pension system too. His family is in Cincy. He sure can recruit

Comment

It is interesting that an OSU page has a nice article on Lakota West's Malik Hartford who PE was recruiting and I guess still is

Comment

Coombs and Washington are both available. Canned by Ryan Day.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Coombs and Washington are both available. Canned by Ryan Day.
                I didn't see much from the OSU lbs. I can see the local Coombs as he is still an outstanding secondary coach. There was no room for him and the new Dc. Plus Day had to have a fall guy(s). Plus he made too much money for a position coach. Still woul like to see him come back to UC. Could he and Tressel get along?

Comment

Good luck and fare well! I'd like to say thanks on a job well done to Perry from all Bearcat fans. The way we get the best candidates for next man in is to grow/develop our coaches and set them up for new opportunities that is in their best interest. Now, next man in.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Coombs could have stayed as a position coach, but he chose not to.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                      Coombs could have stayed as a position coach, but he chose not to.
                      there was talk - but also his salary would have been different.

Comment

I'd be in favor of KC coming back as DB coach, and head of recruiting. He is has been out of the HS loop locally since 2004, so most of the local players have never heard of him, unlike when he first came to UC.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I'm not in favor of Coombs coming back. Our DB's were the worst when he was coaching them and the DBs at OSU were terrible when he was their position coach. He was more of a cheerleader when he was with us and I think that turned a lot of people off to him when he was at OSU. I understand his legacy locally but feel that's all it is at this point. Freshman in high school currently were 4 years old the last time he was a high school coach.

Comment

Not in Favor. Go bring DeAngelo Smith back from Ohio U.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                              I'd be in favor of KC coming back as DB coach, and head of recruiting. He is has been out of the HS loop locally since 2004, so most of the local players have never heard of him, unlike when he first came to UC.

B.C.
                              Coombs was still loved in Columbus for his recruiting ability. He single handedly opened up Detroit to OSU and did the same in Florida. He didn't know any of those high school coaches, nor the kids. Some blame him for losing 4 star Terrance Brooks to Texas at the last minute, but KC builds strong personal relationships with his recruits and I assume Terrance knew that the odds of Kerry stickling around were not good. Fickell knows him well and I'll trust his judgement.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X