No announcement yet.

Assistant Round Up 2022

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coordinator often means he delegates and supervises.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Kerry Coombs will in fact be Special Teams Coordinator in addition to CBs per Justin Williams.
      I feel like this will be a polarizing hire, but not really sure why it should be. I see this as a positive and look forward to KC helping the program.

Also, this hiring is even getting a full ESPN.com article, so that's nice: https://www.espn.in/college-football...bs-sources-say
      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-18-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I feel like this will be a polarizing hire, but not really sure why it should be. I see this as a positive and look forward to KC helping the program.

Also, this hiring is even getting a full ESPN.com article, so that's nice: https://www.espn.in/college-football...bs-sources-say
        In Luke I trust....but I'm just not thrilled with Coombs coming back. I felt relief when he left he first time because I felt our secondary was weak. Ohio State eventually saw what he could or couldn't do. If this is solely for recruiting, then I guess it's good, but I wonder how much a younger up-and-comer coach would better relate to high school kids now. Again, most of you know much more about this than I do, I just feel like "meh" on this one.

Comment

We just gained interest from a 5 star CB recruit, Aaron-Joshua Harris that was looking at OSU until today. He played with JQ Hardaway in Phenix CIty AL. This is a direct result of Kerry Coombs.
          Last edited by Lobot; 01-18-2022, 01:05 PM.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            We just gained interest from a 5 star CB recruit, Aaron-Johua Harris that was looking at OSU until today. He played with JQ Hardaway in Phenix CIty AL. This is a direct result of Kerry Coombs.
            Okay - you've changed my mind!

Comment

KC is not the coordinator type, but the recruiting. It was about a reduction in salary and a difficult adjustment having a new outside DC brought in at OSU. Luke's best friend Mike Vrabel had him with the Titans. I am sure there was communication.

Comment

I wouldn't sell west side Jesus short on being a coordinator. He was playing with a lot of guys he didn't recruit. That said, Fickell, Coombs and Gino on one staff recruiting Ohio/Indiana/Michigan is about as good as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                  I wouldn't sell west side Jesus short on being a coordinator. He was playing with a lot of guys he didn't recruit. That said, Fickell, Coombs and Gino on one staff recruiting Ohio/Indiana/Michigan is about as good as it gets.
                  I will let exhibit a be the Alabama game last year and exhibit b the Michigan game this year. The defense was beaten like a drum. You don't get the third strike in Columbus. I admit Al Washington's LB group was horrid, but the other two parts were not far behind. I didn't expect them to stay with a blowout to Alabama and a *** kicking by Michigan. The defense for the last couple of years was very bad, but the talent was very good. Sometimes the Peter Principal is true.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                    KC is not the coordinator type, but the recruiting. It was about a reduction in salary and a difficult adjustment having a new outside DC brought in at OSU. Luke's best friend Mike Vrabel had him with the Titans. I am sure there was communication.
                    KC recruited and coached seven 1st round draftees in the backfield, and ALL of his players made it to the NFL.

Now I need him to spend part of his time fixing Colerain!

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

KC recruited and coached seven 1st round draftees in the backfield, and ALL of his players made it to the NFL.

Now I need him to spend part of his time fixing Colerain!
                      I like him as a coach, but he couldn't make game adjustments at OSU. See the Oregon game as they hammered the Buckeyes on the same plays and there were no adjustments until after the game with the adjustment being KC. Concerning recruiting and putting guys in the NFL, he is the best. I am very happy for the Bearcats. Tressel is in charge of the overall defense and he makes in game adjustments. Plus that defensive genius CLF is on the team. OSU handled the entire situation with class, but it was just no longer a fit in Columbus. KC is home, getting his pension time in, with his grandkids and he will be much loved by the people of Cincy. He will be treated as a hometown hero - of course the production must be there too and I believe it will. -- look Ryan Day knows he can't lose to UM again and especially like last year. Football is big time business in Columbus and hopefully it will be in Clifton if it isn't already. College football 2022.
                      Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-19-2022, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Justin Williams and Pete Thamel reporting that Walter Stewart on board at UC as OLB coach. I believe Bearcat Journal was on this first (though kind of a gray area when you report things behind a paywall and maybe tease things on Twitter).

Comment

Stewart hired plus a roundup of other assistant coaches. Former UC football player Walter Stewart latest Bearcat to join Fickell's staff (yahoo.com)

Comment

Promotions:

-QB coach Gino Guidugli to offensive coordinator
                            -WR coach Mike Brown adding role as passing game coordinator
                            -Safeties coach Colin Hitschler to co-defensive coordinator

https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/1/2...and-brown.aspx
                            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-20-2022, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Cummings and Stewart announced
                              https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/1/2...d-stewart.aspx

Comment

Coombs hiring announced
                                https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/2/1...rnerbacks.aspx

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X