Rules Changes for 22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Changes for 22

There are more changes out there than I can find at the moment but one thing that appears to changing for sure are the targeting rules and the transfer portal.

The transfer portal is under discussion at the Spring Meeting right now in Phoenix. Apparently the deal is that the transfer portal will be limited to two time windows that correspond with the recruiting periods before signing days. The reason is that it makes roster management easier for coaches and staff and would let you know what's leaving before the incoming recruit signings occurs. This one is a foregone conclusion and they just need to vote on it.

The targeting rules were under discussion for while and the original draft was that when a player gets ejected they only have to sit out for the rest of the game. I'm not sure what stage the discussions are in on this. One of the things that occurs to me is it gives players free rein to headhunt at the end of games knowing they can get right back on the field right away in the next game. I'm not sure if that 's been considered at all. This is not a done deal from my understanding.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I think they need to have different levels of Targeting. One that gets you ejected for the remainder of the game, and one that disqualifies you for the next game as well. There have been plenty of games where players have been ejected late in the game because of inadvertent targetting. The penalty should not carry over to the next game in these scenarios. This should keep the deterrence in place for head hunters, as well as continue to protect players.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

The transfer portal is under discussion at the Spring Meeting right now in Phoenix. Apparently the deal is that the transfer portal will be limited to two time windows that correspond with the recruiting periods before signing days. The reason is that it makes roster management easier for coaches and staff and would let you know what's leaving before the incoming recruit signings occurs. This one is a foregone conclusion and they just need to vote on it.
      I doubt this stands up to judicial review in at will employment states. I'd rather see portal open anytime for players and contact/singing periods similar to recruiting, with same signing days
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I doubt this stands up to judicial review in at will employment states. I'd rather see portal open anytime for players and contact/singing periods similar to recruiting, with same signing days
        I've seen a few people state similar objections to it based on it creating a work restriction so you might be right.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I've seen a few people state similar objections to it based on it creating a work restriction so you might be right.
          More the NCAA is wrong than I am right
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Check the NIL thread in General. Looks like the NCAA might be moving to ban booster collectives
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Maybe the wrong place but..... What came out of the Big 12 spring meetings?

Comment

Preview of some more changes on the table. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3304957/2022...-rule-changes/
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

by Nicole Auerbach at The Athletic and Ross Dellenger at SI.com:
                  Several athletic administrators and college sports insiders discussed the Transfer Committee’s concepts under the condition of anonymity. They include (1) eliminating scholarship caps on sports that offer only partial scholarships; (2) abolishing the limitation on the number of coaches per team; (3) expanding direct payments from schools to athletes; (4) reconfiguring the recruiting calendar; and (5) implementing closed periods in the NCAA transfer portal.

Comment

There’s already a thread on this…,
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Threads merged
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This applies to 2023 but the change was approved yesterday for transfer windows. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3555260/2022...shared_article
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X