X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cincypb
    started a topic UC QB competition

UC QB competition

There is a new article in the Enquirer about Nick Mardner (WR transfer from Hawaii). In that article, Nick is quoted:

"Back shoulder, there's nothing you can do to stop it, especially if you get it to the point where you and the quarterback are on the same page 100%," Mardner said. "If Ben and I get that down, which we will, it's going to be hard to stop us."

Makes me believe that Ben Bryant has the upper hand on the QB competition.

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Sad in NJ the feeder programs are shutting down due to parental fear about concussions. Our high school feeder couldn't field a team and ten years ago they were cutting players that went to rival schools and started. I believe this is all over

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

Nope, but I do. Hard to replace the personalities of KC and Coach Tom Bolden. Also, the "Little Cards" program has faltered the last couple of years.

B.C.
    My children 12 years ago went to Northwest Highschool (which is the same school district as Colerain). The Mighty Knights were just starting to get going when my kids were in elementary and were far behind the Little Cards. It seemed that whenever the Mighty Knights had a gamer, somehow, they ended up enrolled at Colerain H.S. The joke way back when was that Colerain was the athletic school of the District where Northwest was the academic side of the District. Northwest H.S. went from having a lousy football team to having a decent one. I think that started about the time where kids from NW stopped transferring to Colerain. Just my observation and is not rooted in any enrollment data.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

Do your Colerain sources have an explanation for the collapse of the Cardinals' football program?
    Nope, but I do. Hard to replace the personalities of KC and Coach Tom Bolden. Also, the "Little Cards" program has faltered the last couple of years.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post
    Ben Bryant and Hayden Moore are not the same.
    The whole reason why Des was put into that game is that the Tuberville era O-line got Hayden Moore destroyed in the opening series, if I remember correctly. Weird how things work out.

Leave a comment:

• bearcat1518
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Does anyone remember the Bearcat's trip to play UCLA in the Rose Bowl? I believe that CLF put an unknown kid in after the first or second series. The kid had never played a game. This kid was put in and won the game to begin a great career. I suspect that CLF is not concerned about game experience. BB has a lot of starts but no big game. EP has very little snaps but has been on the sideline for some of the biggest games of UC history. I think that those of you who think will be playing the Arkansas game have no real idea who will log the most minutes.
    Ben Bryant and Hayden Moore are not the same.

Leave a comment:

• bearcat1518
    replied
    Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

Do your Colerain sources have an explanation for the collapse of the Cardinals' football program?
    1. Complete lack of discipline (schemes, ball security, penalties)
    2. Little Cards program has also rapidly declined due to poor leadership
    3. Current coach isn’t a program builder like Coombs or Bolden

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Does anyone remember the Bearcat's trip to play UCLA in the Rose Bowl? I believe that CLF put an unknown kid in after the first or second series. The kid had never played a game. This kid was put in and won the game to begin a great career. I suspect that CLF is not concerned about game experience. BB has a lot of starts but no big game. EP has very little snaps but has been on the sideline for some of the biggest games of UC history. I think that those of you who think will be playing the Arkansas game have no real idea who will log the most minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Carin's Dad
    replied
    My Colerain sources, who have connections to UC that I do not have, have said that BB will be the starter, as CLF doesn't want a "rookie" starting under all that pressure in a huge, packed SEC stadium.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• richard k.
    replied
    My Colerain sources, who have connections to UC that I do not have, have said that BB will be the starter, as CLF doesn't want a "rookie" starting under all that pressure in a huge, packed SEC stadium.

B.C.
    I have absolutely NO "inside" information, but for several reasons "that is only logical."

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied

B.C.
    Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 08-26-2022, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    I have no inside knowledge, but I'm guessing it is probably BB who got the nod.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    It's very unlikely the starting QB gets announced to the public before gameday at Arkansas. The decision's been made and I've been told who it is. I'm keeping my mouth shut because if the team and Coach Fickell wanted it out there, it would be out there already. Sorry about the tease but I'd like to do a little celebrating in Fayetteville before I drive home so I'm zipping my lips.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Hopefully we get a depth chart soon proclaiming the starting QB. I was in the give Ben more reps camp during Ridder's sophomore year, though I was proven wrong because Ridder just had that "it factor" to be a leader and a winner. Now that he is gone and Ben was invited back to compete with Evan, yet we haven't had a starter named shows that Evan is doing all that he is being asked to push BRyant. If they both know the playbook, execute without mistakes, and make all throws, then I have to think the edge goes to Evan because of his legs.

Either way, can't wait to see which one earns the starter role and I have learned not to question Fick's decisions. I am stoked to have two guys competing at high level to replace Ridder.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
    Remember that Bryant had a somewhat outstanding season against MAC opponents. Not to say that he isn’t capable, but he also left UC for a reason.
    True but when your reason is NFL draftee Desmond Ridder, it's a good reason.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X