Arkansas 9/3 3:30 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas 9/3 3:30 ESPN

We’re roughly two months away but I’d though I’d share this article on the Arkansas schedule since we’re mentioned and first up.

https://deadspin.com/good-luck-arkan...all-1849148440
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The author asks the question "why would they schedule so many quality teams in one season"? The reason is that the schedule was probably made 10 years ago.

Comment

Hoping to road trip to this one and hoping our kids HS QB Evan Prater gets the starting nod!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
        Hoping to road trip to this one and hoping our kids HS QB Evan Prater gets the starting nod!
        I have tix and a hotel but trying to line up tranportation to the stadium. The UCATS land only travel package is incredibly overpriced. I booked the same hotel for 1/3 the price.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
          I would expect a two pronged quarterback attack. Tough to prepare for. Ben is a better passer at this point and Evan is a better runner, although both are capable in reversed roles. I trust the coaches to do whatever is best for the team.

Comment

Laura Rutledge just confirmed the SEC Nation show with Finebaum etc. will be at Arkansas for this one.
            Last edited by Lobot; 07-20-2022, 03:41 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I have tix and a hotel but trying to line up tranportation to the stadium. The UCATS land only travel package is incredibly overpriced. I booked the same hotel for 1/3 the price.
              FWIW if anyone is curious about parking, there is free parking available at the lot across from the Arkansas baseball stadium (Baum Stadium) and there are shuttles that will take you to/from the football stadium that start about 3 hours before gametime. Might want to get there pretty early just to ensure it doesn't fill up though. Otherwise it's a pain trying to find parking and the cheapest is about $20 with a long walk. You'll quickly learn how hilly the Arkansas campus is lol.

Baum East is the lot on the below image but the graphic is for baseball games so you don't actually need a pass to park there for football.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7_cBnnXsAA1DC6.jpg

Comment

^^ Thanks. Good info.

Comment

SEC Media Day - Arkansas was picked 3rd in the SEC West

SEC East
                  1. Georgia (172)
                  2. Kentucky (4)
                  3. Tennessee (1)
                  4. Florida
                  5. South Carolina (3)
                  6. Missouri
                  7. Vanderbilt (1)

SEC West
                  1. Alabama (177)
                  2. Texas A&M (3)
                  3. Arkansas (1)
                  4. Ole Miss
                  5. LSU
                  6. Mississippi State
                  7. Auburn

SEC Champion
                  Alabama (158)

Comment

Early spreads for the game ...

"Cincinnati at Arkansas (-7): Saturday, Sept. 3

Cincinnati beat Notre Dame on the road during its run to the College Football Playoff last season. The Bearcats were actually slight favorites in South Bend but find themselves as 7-point underdogs to open the 2022 campaign at Arkansas.

Cincinnati, with stars like Desmond Ridder and Sauce Gardner now in the NFL, should still be among the favorites in the AAC, but a point spread like this shows that the oddsmakers are expecting somewhat of a drop-off from Luke Fickell’s program.

It also shows respect for Arkansas, which has turned things around emphatically under Sam Pittman. Fayetteville is a tough place to play (just ask Texas), especially for a UC team that will be breaking in a new quarterback and offensive coordinator. I’m strongly considering laying the points with the Hogs."
                    "What about the rest of Week 0 and Week 1? Which games should bettors jump on now?

Connelly: You know what? It's time to live a little, get some adrenaline going and put money on UConn. Yes, I said it. They're +28 against Utah State to start the season, and I feel like the Aggies are a pretty big regression contender this season. (Or maybe wait and live bet this one if it's still close after a quarter or so.) If you're looking for more logical options: NC State should probably be better than -11 against East Carolina, UCLA -25.5 is pretty aggressive against an experienced Bowling Green squad, SP+ is screaming for you to put money on Cincinnati +7 against Arkansas (I'm not quite as sure), and as excited as I am about James Madison making the FBS jump, giving them -7 against Middle Tennessee right out of the gate seems like a bit much."

Comment

Originally posted by hogfan14 View Post

FWIW if anyone is curious about parking, there is free parking available at the lot across from the Arkansas baseball stadium (Baum Stadium) and there are shuttles that will take you to/from the football stadium that start about 3 hours before gametime. Might want to get there pretty early just to ensure it doesn't fill up though. Otherwise it's a pain trying to find parking and the cheapest is about $20 with a long walk. You'll quickly learn how hilly the Arkansas campus is lol.

Baum East is the lot on the below image but the graphic is for baseball games so you don't actually need a pass to park there for football.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7_cBnnXsAA1DC6.jpg
                      If the link to the graphic Hogfan is referring to does not show up for you please let me know via PM. Thanks, Mgmt.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We are starting to make plans for the trip. Does anyone know if UC will be hosting anything for this trip from a tailgate standpoint?

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
                          We are starting to make plans for the trip. Does anyone know if UC will be hosting anything for this trip from a tailgate standpoint?
                          There is at least one UC event planned by the Alumni Association but it's $100 a head and invite only I believe. I'm not sure if they plan to hold something a little more basic than that.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

There is at least one UC event planned by the Alumni Association but it's $100 a head and invite only I believe. I'm not sure if they plan to hold something a little more basic than that.
                            Thanks. Hopefully something else will come about. I doubt I am on the invite list!!!

Comment

Here is a link for "Bearcats on the Road" Bearcats on the Road | University Of Cincinnati (uc.edu)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X