Poll, Bryant or Prater against Miami?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barklee View Post
    To compete at the high levels, you need a dual threat QB.
    2019 - LSU - Joe Burrow
    2020 - Alabama - Mac Jones
    2021 - Georgia - Stetson Bennett

To compete at the highest levels, You need a QB who can stay in the pocket and sling it.

Comment

This isn't even a question. Bryant is the starter for the rest of the season unless he gets hurt. What Prater showed yesterday is that he's ready to step up when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

What I saw was a guy who could run. You can't teach "run". Why do you think Desmond Ridder was so good?.... it wasn't his outstanding passing ability. See how a one dimensional team (pass only) does against really good opponents.... it won't be good.

B.C.
        Ben is not run first, but isn't a slouch on running either. A running QB does not always equal good. Besides I think you do a big disservice to Montgomery/McClelland/Kiner and our running game.

The coaching staff has seen way more of these guys than we ever will. In Luke I trust.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I don’t see Bryant having any elusive or run threat ability. Prater isn’t a running quarterback-he’s a quarterback who also possesses great escapability and downfield running ability as well. He can throw very accurately deep, which Ben to date has shown to be a limitation. There does seem to be a commitment to Ben - he left a starting role to compete here? I don’t know what was said, but I’d sure like to see Prater start a game just to spot check things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
            I don’t see Bryant having any elusive or run threat ability. Prater isn’t a running quarterback-he’s a quarterback who also possesses great escapability and downfield running ability as well. He can throw very accurately deep, which Ben to date has shown to be a limitation. There does seem to be a commitment to Ben - he left a starting role to compete here? I don’t know what was said, but I’d sure like to see Prater start a game just to spot check things.
            First of all, I think that both quarterbacks are very capable. Bryant left here to get a full year of experience running an offense. Obviously the coaching staff, after so many practices. saw some things that they thought would give Bryant a better chance for UC to win a full game. It really does not matter what everyone here thinks, UC's staff is doing an amazing job and I trust that they will make decisions that are best for the program. Can we just move on and support the team?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X