No announcement yet.

Miami 9/17 12:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all you who posted traffic and closure information.. I don't keep up on my email (once a day at most, and sometimes I skip a day) nor watch much news so I was unaware of the goings-on. I now have a plan; thanks again.

Comment

With all the events going on at once today, this is like the Ohio equivalent of the Red River Shootout at the Texas State Fair.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

another to not very groovy

Comment

We end up in the end zone every drive if we don’t fumble the damn ball 🏈
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

For those who are at the game, these refs are morons. That was absolutely a touchdown by Tre Tucker with a foot down and control. Defender rips the ball out after he hits the ground.

In the end it doesn’t matter because Mardner is tall.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

A win is a win. Miami came to play, UC has just much better talent. Can’t be this sloppy going forward.

Gary Clark was at the game today.
              Last edited by longtimefan; 09-17-2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                With all the events going on at once today, this is like the Ohio equivalent of the Red River Shootout at the Texas State Fair.
                been there several times. I remember I was hosting some Germans and took them to the fair the night before the game. While waiting in line some drunk Texan heard an accent. He was confused so I told him they were from OK. he was very confused , so I told him Oklahoma, Germany. Still confused he said well welcome to Texas. This was over 40 years ago when they still had the freak show and the tic tac toe playing chicken who beat me. He had the first move. My friends had watched westerns and they wanted to go to a real old west saloon. I said Friday Night in Dallas, I might be able to find one. When we got out of the car some drunk in a cowboy suit was puking in the lot. My friend eh - same as in Germany. The Texans in the bar gave free drinks as there were a lot of German heritage in Texas. They learned to two step and I took them to a polka hall where we had a blast. To be young and in good health once more.

Comment

Oh yeah they ate a pepper at the state fair Bar b que place. They didn't see it coming.

Comment

First lead in the series since 1915. UC finally has the lead. 16 straight which is also the longest in the series. 5 straight games of a 21 point or better margin of win.

Comment

Summary - Cincinnati Bearcats gain series advantage with Victory Bell win against Miami RedHawks (msn.com)

Comment

I was able to attend the game today. Several others commented prior to today that they would prefer the game just be in Oxford. Count me amoung that group now. The ambiance was Meh. Give me a college campus any day. It also felt like we played down to the competition today. We got the job done obviously, and the game was never really on doubt. I give their backup QB a lot of credit. He looks like he is going to develop into a fine player.

Comment

A feel good story about Marshall (and their win against Xavier) but it leads into UC vs. Miami. Williams: Why Marshall's win at Notre Dame sparks debate about Xavier football (yahoo.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            For those who are at the game, these refs are morons. That was absolutely a touchdown by Tre Tucker with a foot down and control. Defender rips the ball out after he hits the ground.

In the end it doesn’t matter because Mardner is tall.
                            We were there; they were wearing MAC paraphernalia. One would like to think that referees are not bias, but then the alternative is that they are capable of being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

been there several times. I remember I was hosting some Germans and took them to the fair the night before the game. While waiting in line some drunk Texan heard an accent. He was confused so I told him they were from OK. he was very confused , so I told him Oklahoma, Germany. Still confused he said well welcome to Texas. This was over 40 years ago when they still had the freak show and the tic tac toe playing chicken who beat me. He had the first move. My friends had watched westerns and they wanted to go to a real old west saloon. I said Friday Night in Dallas, I might be able to find one. When we got out of the car some drunk in a cowboy suit was puking in the lot. My friend eh - same as in Germany. The Texans in the bar gave free drinks as there were a lot of German heritage in Texas. They learned to two step and I took them to a polka hall where we had a blast. To be young and in good health once more.
                              This might the best story ever told on here.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This team is still really, really good but the offense needs to take care of the ball better and as a whole, the team needs to get out of its own way. Too many turnovers and some dumb penalties yesterday.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X