No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel 2022

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisconsin has not been decent since Barry Alvarez was the coach. The only thing that keeps them relevant is that they are in the west division.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Paul Chryst at Wisconsin has been let go. They weren’t doing well but I didn’t see this one coming.
      Wisconsin has been worried about losing Jim Leonhard, the DC and now interim HC, so this was an opportune time to make the change.

Comment

It is very nice to see a Big Ten job opening candidate list without mention of Luke Fickell. I believe he is staying in Clifton unless one of maybe three jobs open up: Ohio State, Penn State, maybe a top tier SEC job like Bama or Georgia (relax, I said maybe three, it's really only OSU and maybe one other).

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...5-report-card/
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
          Wisconsin has not been decent since Barry Alvarez was the coach. The only thing that keeps them relevant is that they are in the west division.
          As a Wisconsin Dad I follow them somewhat closely. Besides dressing like he's raking the leaves, Chryst never showed emotion on the sidelines - never happy nor angry looking.

Comment

That spooky sound you heard was Bryan Harsin’s head rolling away on Halloween 🎃
            Last edited by Lobot; 10-31-2022, 02:12 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Open FBS head coaching jobs

Arizona State
              Auburn
              Charlotte
              Colorado
              Georgia Tech
              Nebraska
              UAB
              Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                Open FBS head coaching jobs

Arizona State
                Auburn
                Charlotte
                Colorado
                Georgia Tech
                Nebraska
                UAB
                Wisconsin
                Helpful summary. Thank you!

Comment

I am glad this isn't something we have to get too worked up over. Of the list Auburn, Wisconsin, and Nebraska have the money. Fortunately, I think the Wisconsin interim coach will become permanent as that is a job that might intrigue Luke, not having Oh St on the schedule every year. I don't think Auburn is a fit and Nebraska is just going to throw money at a problem that cannot be solved by money.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Jeff Scott at USF has been bounced. I didn’t catch who the interim was but Scott went a whole 4-26. To be honest I didn’t even realize he’d been there long enough to do that.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Jeff Scott at USF has been bounced. I didn’t catch who the interim was but Scott went a whole 4-26. To be honest I didn’t even realize he’d been there long enough to do that.
                      USF also fired Bob Shoop, the D coordinator. The interim HC will be the special teams coordinator, Daniel Da Prato, and the new DC will be the former co-DC, Ernie Sims.

The names being bounced around USF circles to replace Scott include some G5 HCs & coordinators, as well as Justin Fuente and ... drum roll ... Jon Gruden.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

USF also fired Bob Shoop, the D coordinator. The interim HC will be the special teams coordinator, Daniel Da Prato, and the new DC will be the former co-DC, Ernie Sims.

The names being bounced around USF circles to replace Scott include some G5 HCs & coordinators, as well as Justin Fuente and ... drum roll ... Jon Gruden.
                        Seems like Gruden would cause a campus wide revolt but sure, why not.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Neal Brown is on life support at WVU I suspect. They just fired the AD that hired him.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Which open job is the best?
                            Ranking College Football's Open Head-Coaching Jobs for the 2022-23 Carousel (msn.com)

Comment

Matt Rhule to Nebraska

Comment

Luke Fickell to… ok I’ll stop. But yikes OSU.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X