Indiana 9/24 3:30 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana 9/24 3:30 ESPN2

ESPN is listing the game at 3:30 ON ESPN2. I'm not sure that's been formally announced yet.

IU is off to a 3-0 start but struggled against Western Kentucky on Saturday and won on a walk off FG. They have come from behind in all 3 of their games this season. Michael Penix is at Washington and the new QB is Connor Bazelak who transferred in from Missouri. Bazelak threw the ball 55 times in the win over WKU but only for a an avg of 6.6 yds per completion so I think it's safe to say we'll see lots of screen and short passes from their offense. The mix of run pass is more than 2:1 pass.

The defense looks suspect on paper as they've given up 82 points this season so far. Linebacker Cam Jones needs to be accounted for. He's already racked 30+ tackles this season.

Their kicker is money with only one miss on the season.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../stats/_/id/84

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

ESPN shows UC at -17.0 ... I mean, I've watched a bunch of Indiana and they haven't been great (still 3-0, though). But still seems like a big spread to me.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdBf9P1WYAIxO7N?format=jpg&name=small
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-19-2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Take IU to cover the spread.

Comment

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2022/9/1...-at-cincinnati

IU head coach Tom Allen: "Really excited about this opportunity this week with Cincinnati. Coach Fickell has done a tremendous job. Just impressive what they built there. And we're playing a playoff team at home... So great challenge. Great opportunity for us to be able to be on the road for our first road game of the season. And just impressed with what they've done. They've got a lot of guys back on offense. A lot of new faces on defense. But still playing at a very high level. Really good system. Good scheme they have... The players have been developed; you can tell. The guys stepping in. They've got some transfers stepping in as well and making a lot of plays for them. It's just a very good football team. Saw that when they went and played Arkansas. The film is very obvious... Really have to play our best football. Have to play a complete game from start to finish and beyond whatever it takes. So, appreciate that."

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2022/9/1...-at-cincinnati

IU head coach Tom Allen: "Really excited about this opportunity this week with Cincinnati. Coach Fickell has done a tremendous job. Just impressive what they built there. And we're playing a playoff team at home... So great challenge. Great opportunity for us to be able to be on the road for our first road game of the season. And just impressed with what they've done. They've got a lot of guys back on offense. A lot of new faces on defense. But still playing at a very high level. Really good system. Good scheme they have... The players have been developed; you can tell. The guys stepping in. They've got some transfers stepping in as well and making a lot of plays for them. It's just a very good football team. Saw that when they went and played Arkansas. The film is very obvious... Really have to play our best football. Have to play a complete game from start to finish and beyond whatever it takes. So, appreciate that."
          Not sure I've ever heard/read that much coach-speak in that few words before...

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post

What's he supposed to say? "Oh my Lord, we're gonna get totally taken out back aren't we?" I'm kidding of course.

On a more serious note, the ESPN predictometer thingy gives us an 85% chance to win. I think that's high but if we' don't shoot ourselves in the foot, we have a good chance to sweep the series.

Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ESPN2 - Beth Mowins, Kirk Morrison, Stormy Buonantony

Comment

lol - i was thinking the same thing. plug in any team for Arkansas and he could just re-use this statement each week.

Comment

Fickell's turn:

"This is going to be a great challenge for us"

"We're excited for Nippert Stadium really to be rocking"

"This is a 3-0 football team. You don't get a whole lot of these guys to come into your stadium. So it's a big deal. It's a big deal for us. I'm sure it'll be a big deal for them..."

Comment

A little pre game write up from Justin Williams. ($) Worth reading the part about the "ongoing QB battle" which is only happening within the fanbase for the most part.

https://theathletic.com/3620095/2022...uke-fickell-2/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bloomington Paper: Good read.

https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/st...k/69500193007/
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We just cannot start off slow again. Eliminate the turnovers and stupid penalties and this game should be a breeze.

Comment

Personally, I would like all games to be: "Come Early, Wear Black, Be Loud". Meaning I like blackouts. But I was thinking, that it would have been funny to be a red-out game because any IU fan will be wearing red and if the whole UC crowd was wearing red, the TV could not distinguish the IU fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            I read this because you recommended it. You were right. Good read. The writer put real thought into this rather than just cutting and pasting the typical opponent report.

Comment

Good article ^^ I know the writer and shared your positive comments with him.

As I’ve alluded to or straight up mentioned over the years on here, I am both a UC and IU guy. So I’m ready for this one to be done with. Hope they both have fun 😉…

Still a bit surprised with the large spread. We’ll see what happens.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X