Indiana 9/24 3:30 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Good article ^^ I know the writer and shared your positive comments with him.

As I’ve alluded to or straight up mentioned over the years on here, I am both a UC and IU guy. So I’m ready for this one to be done with. Hope they both have fun 😉…

Still a bit surprised with the large spread. We’ll see what happens.
    That 17 point spread doesn't make sense to me either but somehow Vegas usually nails it.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's a profile on the receivers from Justin WIlliiams that I issed earlier this week. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3610412/2022...e-receivers-2/
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Have to throw into the end zone at least once.

Comment

Sic em 'cats

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That 17 point spread doesn't make sense to me either but somehow Vegas usually nails it.
            Well, 17 may have been selling UC short!

Comment

Apparently. IU fans need go check the attic for any DBs they might have hiding.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Chad Wilt has made some bad career decisions.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We need something to get the crowd back into this.

Comment

IU did a great job of adjusting to our offense at halftime. I went numb after Bryant gave himself up before making the first down. 3 of the next 4 on the road. Not sure we can beat UCF. Bryant is gonna get blitzed until the cows come home. Film’s out.
                    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Tale of 2 halves! We looked great in the first and terrible in the second half and couldn't seem to get anyone open. Its hard to maintain intensity after such a big lead at half and we seemed to lose our edge including play calling.
                      We couldn't run the ball all night and it looked to me like they physically controlled the line of scrimmage. Defense got worn out and beat up with all the plays they were in for. Lots to clean up as we head into the meat of our schedule. Jury is still out and lots left to prove. Hope we are up to the task.

Comment

I think that we ended up with 25 total yards rushing. That is not going to get the job done. I have a question, were the officiating crew from the B!G 10? The stunk. They called a couple on our defense that kept IU alive that were questionable. But the icing on the bad cake was at the end of the game when they did not call holding in the endzone which would have given UC the safety and the ball. I think that the game plan went to conservative in the second half which did not work because we could not run the ball and we were snapping the ball with 25 seconds left on every play clock.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          I think that we ended up with 25 total yards rushing. That is not going to get the job done. I have a question, were the officiating crew from the B!G 10? The stunk. They called a couple on our defense that kept IU alive that were questionable. But the icing on the bad cake was at the end of the game when they did not call holding in the endzone which would have given UC the safety and the ball. I think that the game plan went to conservative in the second half which did not work because we could not run the ball and we were snapping the ball with 25 seconds left on every play clock.
                          Gino needs to get more creative with play calling. In the 2nd half, every series was: 1st Down McClelland run right for 2-3 yards, 2nd Down Kiner run left for 2-3 yards, 3rd Down Bryant stand in the pocket like his feet were glued to the ground then overthrow/throw behind the receiver or take a sack, 4th Down punt. It was excruciating to watch in person. Totally killed the mojo of the crowd. I've never left a game, that my team won by 21 points, and felt so dejected.

There were so many holds by the IU Oline that weren't called. It was ridiculous.

Comment

My mood and thoughts about this game are so jumbled. The first half was a party. The second half was ...something. Here is my dominant thought though. This was the game. This was the game. Coach has talked from the beginning that Prater was going to get some meaningful time. This is not a "Prater-love " post. If the Cats could continue the second half what they did the first half, even by a moderate amount, then I would happily leave Bryant in. But when absolutely nothing was happening, and the run game was painful to watch, why not put in Prater for a change of pace? IU was not likely ready for him. The lead was strong so there was a large cushion for error. Prater brings a different dimension, not necessarily better, but different. Shake things up a little. Honestly, putting him in would keep future teams guessing and maybe using valuable practice time to get prepared for both. I think future teams now have critical tape that says Prater isn't cracking the sideline unless it is garbage time. I have trusted the coaches all along. I still do. I am just perplexed and am having a harder time believing the coaches when the say he will get meaningful time. And I despise thinking that even after a big win over a known school.

Comment

I have been a fan of UC FB since the Tony Mason days. We have had some great QB's, and some not so good during the "dark days" of Dave Curry. I cannot remember a single one though who did not have at least some dimension of being able to run..... BB's slide attempt to get a first down in the 4th Quarter showed us how slow he is. EP would have gotten the first down and at least 5 more yards on top of that.

B.C.
                              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X