Tulsa 10/1 7:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa 10/1 7:00 ESPNU

If there ever was a trap game for 2022 it is next week. Playing Tulsa on their home field will be the toughest AAC game left for the year. Scares me to death.

B.C.
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-25-2022, 09:36 AM.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

They may be too good to be considered a trap game. They deserve our respect and should get our utmost attention. They honestly could have beaten us last year.

I am curious if anyone has an injury update going into this game. I must have missed something but what happened to Loren Metz? Haven't seen him for 2 weeks. He is a really good run blocker. Losing our all conference center and line play caller has also really been evident.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
      They may be too good to be considered a trap game. They deserve our respect and should get our utmost attention. They honestly could have beaten us last year.

I am curious if anyone has an injury update going into this game. I must have missed something but what happened to Loren Metz? Haven't seen him for 2 weeks. He is a really good run blocker. Losing our all conference center and line play caller has also really been evident.
      Metz was hurt in training camp although I don't recall what the injury was or if they ever said.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm worried about the status of Arquon Bush in this game becuase Keylon Stokes is hard to stop on a good day. Davis Brin has 1300 yards passing on the season and almost half are to Stokes. We probably won't find out anything until Tuesday's weekly presser unless it got mentioned in post game yesterday
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Arquon Bush is questionable for this game. Might play. Fickell said it’s not a long term or season ending injury
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Keith Jenkins at the Enquirer mentioned that we have not played at Tulsa since 2016. I'm assuming none of the staff or players have ever been there.

Stats:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/202

We're favored at -9.5

ESPN give us a about a 75% to win.

Davis Brin who is 4th in the country in passing is 50/50 for the game. He was injured in the 2Q last week.
            Last edited by Lobot; 09-28-2022, 02:45 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colleg...6b423d8fc.html
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                If there ever was a trap game for 2022 it is next week. Playing Tulsa on their home field will be the toughest AAC game left for the year. Scares me to death.

B.C.
                I doubt Luke, the staff, or the players are overlooking Tulsa. Their QB is pretty good and they play everyone tough. Very well coached/disciplined.

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Keith Jenkins at the Enquirer mentioned that we have not played at Tulsa since 2016. I'm assuming none of the staff or players have ever been there.
                That might play into our favor. Luke and these players play with confidence and no reason to doubt ourselves in Tulsa.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

If we beat Tulsa, we run the table. This game scares me BIGTIME!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Something I noticed when looking for that first Davis Brin article, Tulsa is buried on the Tulsa World sports page. I had to go 4 links deep on the site find anything about Tulsa football. Everything is OU and OK St. and Dallas Cowboys.

The other weird thing is theTU website doesn't even mention their athletics program, like at all. I Couldn't even find a link to the athletics site there.

Apparently it's Tulsa Oktoberfest. Break out the Lederhosen.

I did however find this article today. Brin is still an unknown to the media which tells me he will probably play and we're doing the gamesmanship thing. (~$)

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colleg...894b878e4.html
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

^^It is nice to see that their beat writer still picks UC to win. Most of the time, the home boys give their team a slight edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Something I noticed when looking for that first Davis Brin article, Tulsa is buried on the Tulsa World sports page. I had to go 4 links deep on the site find anything about Tulsa football. Everything is OU and OK St. and Dallas Cowboys.

The other weird thing is theTU website doesn't even mention their athletics program, like at all. I Couldn't even find a link to the athletics site there.

Apparently it's Tulsa Oktoberfest. Break out the Lederhosen.

I did however find this article today. Brin is still an unknown to the media which tells me he will probably play and we're doing the gamesmanship thing. (~$)

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colleg...894b878e4.html
                        Gameday (tulsahurricane.com)

Comment

Fickell should share this with his team. I know how he is great at getting guys mentally prepared.

https://tulsa.rivals.com/news/tulsa-...-in-aac-opener

Comment

Nasty rumor going that Dish network is dropping ESPN at 12:00 in some sort of carriage dispute. Anyone out there have Dish that can verify that?

update: this is true and it happened at 2:00am this morning. If you have Dish and want to watch games today you’re SOL. Head for a bar.
                            Last edited by Lobot; 10-01-2022, 11:49 AM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nobody watches the Pac 12 or MW anyways. lol

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X