No announcement yet.

Tulsa 10/1 7:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to ask again since I am listening to the game and not watching it. Is our defense that sloppy for all of the bad penalties or is the officiating just terrible. These penalties are unacceptable and inexcusable.

Comment

Officiating has been awful in many situations, but the last 7 minutes of this game, we have been stupid with our fouls.

Comment

Was there a fight at the end of the game? It looked like CLF was yelling at one of our players and then they showed a couple of our players start running towards something, right as they cut over to the next game.

Comment

A win is a win. Man we gave Tulsa a million chances with STUPID penalties, and very conservative offense. Tulsa also caught every break imaginable, winning every replay, and every blown official call.

I’m so glad we don’t have to play them anymore, all those damn fights after the play is the kind of crap we really don’t see when playing anybody else. Good riddance.

Also, is it just me, or are commercial breaks on ESPNU twice as long as other games? Sure did seem like it.
          Last edited by longtimefan; 10-01-2022, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACAirborne View Post
            Was there a fight at the end of the game? It looked like CLF was yelling at one of our players and then they showed a couple of our players start running towards something, right as they cut over to the next game.
            We saw the same thing. Coach was chewing out Justin Harris and others players apperared to be running with intention somewhere.

Comment

If you are keeping track, going back to the end of the game last year, that is 12 plays from 2 yards or less from a TD Tulsa ran against us at the end of the game and came away with zero points. Go D!

Comment

Good teams find a way to win. 4-1 is awesome!

Comment

Worst officiated game I have seen in some time. Kudos to the defense. Stellar except for a few breakdowns on deep routes. Except for a couple of big runs, we had no running game. And except for those long passes we had no passing game. Agree Bryant is not progressing. Prater would have run for several key first downs to keep defense honest. I am concerned for the rest of the season. Oh yeah. We still keep getting stupid penalties, even with the terrible officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by ACAirborne View Post
                    There was something circulating on Twitter where Tulsa tried to get into the UC locker room and fight us after the game. I haven't been able to verify that. If it's true. that would be the the second large scale brawl that Tulsa has started in the last two years after fighting with Miss. St after a bowl game 2 years ago. Seems like a trend for them. Hoping there aren't any conference or internal suspensions because of it.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We played well enough to win but man the officiating was pretty hard to overcome. We also managed to land the D level camera crew for TV. So much bad camera work.

Some of you all are right. Despite the terrible officiating, we seem to have an issue with late game penalties. That's two weeks in a row personal fouls, etc have lead to continued drives by the opponent. We need to clean that up.

Imagine what that game would have been like if Davis Brin was actually able to move in the pocket and had an O line. Does anyone know if 11 sacks is a team record?
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Why are these teams always so undisciplined?
                        My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          We played well enough to win but man the officiating was pretty hard to overcome. We also managed to land the D level camera crew for TV. So much bad camera work.

Some of you all are right. Despite the terrible officiating, we seem to have an issue with late game penalties. That's two weeks in a row personal fouls, etc have lead to continued drives by the opponent. We need to clean that up.

Imagine what that game would have been like if Davis Brin was actually able to move in the pocket and had an O line. Does anyone know if 11 sacks is a team record?
                          We had 11 sacks back in 2007. Don’t know who it was against.

Every single break and call went their way. That one roughing the passer was ridiculous and it was as good as giving them a free fumble or turnover.

Some of the closer plays we missed due to the horrible camera work by the Fourth string TV crew.

B.C.
                          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Dan and Jim on WLW said that they could not find a team record for sacks but that last night was an AAC game record.
                            Tulsa's take on the game: Tulsa football notebook: Bad blood infects showdown with Cincinnati (tulsaworld.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                              Why are these teams always so undisciplined?
                              in the case of this squad it’s lack of experience. However Fickell espouses physical play as he played himself and will accept penalties as such. The Taylor, Pace and Threats calls were awful. Threats got tossed for contact in the shoulder where both players lowered their head as the ball was hitting the ground. It’s hard to go after a sinking ball without lowering your head. I won’t get into the other two calls as they were obviously bad. I fault Gino on the pic. That was a call from the sidelines after a timeout, and I believe the exact same play that resulted in the Arkansas pick. Not a good call with the lead deep in your territory. Too risky particularly with a great punter. I’ll take the penalties with a physical mentality. The group that graduated last year had similar issue several years ago. We won because we were the more physical team on the road.

Comment

Ok, we control our destiny in this game and with us deep in Tulsa territory BB throws that interception. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Why make that call, run it and punt it deep. Our defense saved our bacon with enormous
                                pressure.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X