South Florida 10/8 2:30 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    Somebody explain how a QB goes into a slide, gets hit in the head and knocked out of the game, and no penalty?

Tough game, take the win and move on. But this is what happens when you celebrate a win all week before the game is even played. USF was ready to play and had a great game plan, and sure didn’t look like a 27 point dog. They showed they could compete against Florida, and we got their best shot.
    USF definitely has some talent and teams always seem to be pumped when playing a rival or a ranked team. Glad to see Praeter get some reps. It is a WIN. Go Cats.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      Somebody explain how a QB goes into a slide, gets hit in the head and knocked out of the game, and no penalty?

Tough game, take the win and move on. But this is what happens when you celebrate a win all week before the game is even played. USF was ready to play and had a great game plan, and sure didn’t look like a 27 point dog. They showed they could compete against Florida, and we got their best shot.
      That seemed to me to be a late hit at a minimum. Maybe a personal foul for hitting a defenseless player.

Comment

It's a W but I"m concerned about Tressel's scouting on this one. Seems like we had no idea Bohanon would run that much. The USF offense played us like Navy does except they can throw and there's a lot more motion in the backfield with USF. The score refelcts that. I think we got a little lucky yesterday.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If you didn't see the broadcast, Ben came back out of the locker room in street clothes late in the 2nd half. No helmet or pads. I'm guessing he's in concussion protocol but haven't heard anyone say that definitively.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

EP missed open JW, does look look good moving forward.

Comment

Didn't help that we were missing Tyler Scott for the game who's been huge for us so far this year. I'm glad we have a bye to get the team healthy. I've been a little disappointed that Whyle hasn't been having a monster year so far.

Comment

This brings back some memories - TUCKERMAN: On Two Decades of South Florida - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

Originally posted by fmirzamd View Post
                  EP missed open JW, does look look good moving forward.
                  Prater only had 5 pass attempts coming into yesterday's game and was was 5-5. He was1-2 yesterday. I think the future is bright under him and wish he'd get more playing time. His ability to run forces the defense to keep an eye on him, versus focusing on rush or pass defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    It's a W but I"m concerned about Tressel's scouting on this one. Seems like we had no idea Bohanon would run that much. The USF offense played us like Navy does except they can throw and there's a lot more motion in the backfield with USF. The score refelcts that. I think we got a little lucky yesterday.
                    I blame the white helmets
                    I vote to abolish them permanently from UCs football family

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

As a white helmet hater leftover from the Sugar Bowl, I know why fans think this but our record in the white helmets don't reflect a curse. The players like them because they're clean and that's what counts for recruiting. Now I would like to know avg margin of victory / loss in those things. That would be a good project for someone who has some time on their hands.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

Although I also hate the white helmets because it seems UC always loses when they wear them, I thought the unis were sick yesterday. Love that look on the team.

Comment

Just curious. I watch the game with no sound. Just under six minutes to play we had UCF pinned at their 1 yard line. Subsequent play was an incomplete pass out of their end zone with holding called. Why no safety?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcatth View Post
                            Just curious. I watch the game with no sound. Just under six minutes to play we had UCF pinned at their 1 yard line. Subsequent play was an incomplete pass out of their end zone with holding called. Why no safety?
                            The holding didn't occur in the end zone. If I'm not mistaken, the penalty has to occur in the end zone for it to be an automatic safety.
                            Last edited by Lobot; 10-10-2022, 04:33 PM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Holding was clearly shown to occur at 1/2 yard line.

Comment

Post game breakdown from Justin WIlliams ($)

https://theathletic.com/3677933/2022...takeaways-usf/
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X