No announcement yet.

Play Prater Entire Second Half!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no inside information concerning E.P. or any other player intentions. But the NIL has made any thought of enforcing tampering rules by the NCAA and / or relying on any commitments made even if letters of intent have been signed is almost futile. That's the sad fact of collegiate sports these days, and it's the quagmire that college coaches have to navigate now.
    Last edited by Rufus; 10-09-2022, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I really like EP and he has to know that he will be our starting QB starting next year or possibly this year depending on the circumstances. I don't think he would transfer from here to start somewhere else next year when he is next in line. He is local and unless he is unhappy with our program ( coaches, move to big 12 and him being familiar with team) then I would think that he will stay here and be a future star

Comment

If CLF caves to every player that wants to play or start or threatens to leave, then you have the inmates running the asylum. CLF has proven he knows what he's doing. If he thinks Ben is the best QB option, then he should start. Let the coaching & player decisions to the coaches & fans support the team & cheer them on to victory!

Comment

I think CLF has said he doesn't like two QB systems; however, EP should be entering games much earlier in the "mop-up" role. His timing with receivers will be vastly improved with in game opportunities. Practice snaps help, especially more practice snaps with first team, but the in game snaps are invaluable for growth and development of any player. That said, it still should be mop-up role only. Ben shoulda been taken out of the Kennesaw St game earlier. But that is the only game we can truly say he should've put Evan in earlier. Ben gives this team the best opportunity to win now and we hope Evan realizes that when it comes down to transfer time. You should transfer for PT not missed PT this year that is coming your way next season. A concept that is very hard to embrace for many players.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
            I think CLF has said he doesn't like two QB systems; however, EP should be entering games much earlier in the "mop-up" role. His timing with receivers will be vastly improved with in game opportunities. Practice snaps help, especially more practice snaps with first team, but the in game snaps are invaluable for growth and development of any player. That said, it still should be mop-up role only. Ben shoulda been taken out of the Kennesaw St game earlier. But that is the only game we can truly say he should've put Evan in earlier. Ben gives this team the best opportunity to win now and we hope Evan realizes that when it comes down to transfer time. You should transfer for PT not missed PT this year that is coming your way next season. A concept that is very hard to embrace for many players.
            Evan Prater is better than Ben Bryant. Prater is an NFL QB, an elite athlete. Bryant is a mediocre college journeyman. Time will prove this out.
            My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
              If CLF caves to every player that wants to play or start or threatens to leave, then you have the inmates running the asylum. CLF has proven he knows what he's doing. If he thinks Ben is the best QB option, then he should start. Let the coaching & player decisions to the coaches & fans support the team & cheer them on to victory!
              Evan loves UC. Never has he threaten to transfer, never has he complained about not winning the starting job. Evan Prater is a great young man. Do not tarnish his name by insinuating the things you’ve insinuated with your post.

College football at this level is full of politics. Luke Fickle is not the perfect coach. His teams are undisciplined and are consistently among the nations leader in penalties. They can beat AAC teams, but not SEC teams. I own my own company. I think for myself. Being successful does not mean that I need to listen and believe everything you say. I was making $500,000 a year when I left Procter & Gamble in 2008 in no small part because I have my own thoughts and opinions. So you can blindly trust the coaches decisions as the best possible decisions. I’m not built like that.

My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

Evan Prater is better than Ben Bryant. Prater is an NFL QB, an elite athlete. Bryant is a mediocre college journeyman. Time will prove this out.
                I truly believe Evan has a future in the NFL, brighter than Dez. However, he has to hit receivers in the games, and he hasn't done that yet. Ben is hitting receivers and the team is winning. When Evan gets dialed in with his receivers, he will supplant Ben as starter. That kid is going places, and this will help him in the long term.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Does Bryant have the option of an extra Covid year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                    Does Bryant have the option of an extra Covid year?
                    Yes. But the extra Covid years are up to the school. I believe the university makes the request.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I truly believe Evan has a future in the NFL, brighter than Dez. However, he has to hit receivers in the games, and he hasn't done that yet. Ben is hitting receivers and the team is winning. When Evan gets dialed in with his receivers, he will supplant Ben as starter. That kid is going places, and this will help him in the long term.
                      I would say EP is about where Dez was as a sophomore passer, so theres still plenty of time for him to develop as Dez did into a pretty good NFL attractive player. My concern is he looks so skinny out there and while he is a very good runner, his durability concerns me. There is very limited future in the NFL as a run first quarterback, ask Cam Newton. Even this week against SFla I believe EP got dinged up pretty good in just 3 or 4 carries and it appeared he ended the game with a hand injury. I have no doubt he has a higher ceiling than Ben and I love the kid, but Ben gives us the best chance to win right now because he makes us less predictable and a better passing team. Running should be primarily for the the running backs and QB scrambles. If you want to appeal to quality wide receivers you have to emphasize throwing the ball and I think this is our staffs phylosophy, and as soon as EP earns their trust in this area he will get more playing time. Right now hes a great backup that I am confident in but teams will stack the box expecting him to run and force him to throw until he proves he can. The sample size on his passing is so small that its unfair for us to doubt the coaches decision who see him every day. Also keep in mind that with our Hometown Hero marketing plan, the staff wants nothing more than to see him succeed.

Comment

It would be interesting to see Evan play early in a game to get experience with more passing. I think we have what we have this year and that’s ok, but Bryant has been inconsistent at times which doesn’t make me feel super confident. Our offense has a new OC, QB, RB and other than a severely underused Whyle & Taylor (still don’t know what’s up with that), some new starting WR. Hopefully the offense comes together a bit more in our next two games on the road.
                        Last edited by Bearcat93; 10-11-2022, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                          It would be interesting to see Evan play early in a game to get experience with more passing. I think we have what we have this year and that’s ok, but Bryant has been inconsistent at times which doesn’t make me feel super confident. Our offense has a new OC, QB, RB and other than a severely underused Whyle & Taylor (still don’t know what’s up with that), some new starting WR. Hopefully the offense comes together a bit more in our next two games on the road.
                          I totally agree that we are under utilizing our excellent tight ends.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I totally agree that we are under utilizing our excellent tight ends.
                            I "felt" the same thing (under utilization) after the Tulsa game, so I looked at Whyle and Taylor's career stats. The below is updated through the USF game, but I was surprised to see that their stats are comparable to the last two years and we weren't complaining then.
                            Whyle
                            Year Games Recep Rec/Game Yrs/G
                            2018 5 0 0.0 0.0
                            2019 12 2 0.2 4.3
                            2020 10 28 2.8 35.3
                            2021 14 26 1.9 23.7
                            2022 6 15 2.5 23.2
                            L. Taylor
                            2018 11 3 0.3 2.8
                            2019 14 4 0.3 2.6
                            2020 10 16 1.6 19.1
                            2021 14 28 2.0 19.1
                            2022 6 11 1.8 17.7

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

I "felt" the same thing (under utilization) after the Tulsa game, so I looked at Whyle and Taylor's career stats. The below is updated through the USF game, but I was surprised to see that their stats are comparable to the last two years and we weren't complaining then.
                              Whyle
                              2018 5 0 0.0 0.0
                              2019 12 2 0.2 4.3
                              2020 10 28 2.8 35.3
                              2021 14 26 1.9 23.7
                              2022 6 15 2.5 23.2
                              L. Taylor
                              2018 11 3 0.3 2.8
                              2019 14 4 0.3 2.6
                              2020 10 16 1.6 19.1
                              2021 14 28 2.0 19.1
                              2022 6 11 1.8 17.7
                              you are correct that their numbers are comparable to previous years but our TE emphasis has always bothered me, especially when we get in the red zone and space is limited. we often have a size advantage that we don't seem to take advantage of. Kelce's game this week is a classic example. He didn't have many yards but he was money when they got close. just seems like a wasted asset although they are both excellent blockers. bottom line is we keep winning and if they are happy with their role than so should we be.

Comment

I think you’re outlining my point…..they should (especially as a senior) be getting more catches (not the same).

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X