East Carolina 11/11 8:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Carolina 11/11 8:00 ESPN2

ECU and their Top 25 offense is coming to town for the last time on Veterans Day and Military Appreciation Night at Nippert.

The PIrates have beaten UCF in Greenville and BYU in Provo over the last two games and are riding a 3 game winning streak. They are 6-3 overall with losses to NC State, Navy and Tulane. They have Ws against South Florida, Campbell, Old Dominion and Memphis. I'm personally pretty impressed that they hung on to beat BYU at home in a close game.

Holton Ahlers is a super senior and has a 70% completion rate this season and 2600 yards passing. His per play average is onyl 8.0 yards a pass so I suspect we'll see a lot of screens and slants. The real problem is he runs just enough to give us a look that will open up lanes for Keaton Mitchell. Mitchell is a burner with a 7.1 ypc avg and 850+ yards on the season. I watched him light up UCF on a couple of long runs earlier this year. He's balance by power back Rahjai Harris.

The Bearcats have won 4 in a row in the series and haven't lost to ECU at Nippert since 2001. We will tie the all time series at 13-13 with a win Friday night.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/151
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-09-2022, 08:44 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The way the Cats are playing, this one scares me.

Comment

It is tough to imagine scoring enough points to overcome the top-rated running unti in the AAC and a guy who completes 70% of his passes...but Navy managed. Of course, UCF and BYU did not. Man, who knows?

Comment

I get that we lost a lot to the NFL. I get that our offense is more than bit stymied, maybe just starting to find some rythm after Jake Renfro went down, plus Metz. I don't get that our defense has the lapses it has had this year. Our D-line is missing Sanders, but otherwise getting to or pressure on the QB. The Linebackers are outstanding. The secondary os young, but holding it's own. With ECU, I think some things click.

A. Our LB's will be heavily involved in those short passes Ahlers thrives on.
        B. The D line doesn't need to get Ahlers every time, just contain and let secondary get a few stops. ECU isn't going to be good on multiple 3rd and longs (6 or more).
        C. The offense is starting to click. Add in Nip at Night and the ECU defense will be confused, out of position, or late.

UC - 41 (sorry Coe, only two FGs tonight as we get more TDs)
        ECU -17
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

It may be cold and rain on Friday. How is that going to affect both teams?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            It may be cold and rain on Friday. How is that going to affect both teams?
            That is a concern as we haven't shown the ability to run the ball. I would give them the advantage. Their passing tends to be dink and dunk and ours more downfield, again advantage them. I think it comes down to turnovers. Still waiting for the real Bearcats to show up. If this is the week, we will take care of business.

Comment

Rain is supposed to be out of here by 8pm if the hour by hour is correct.

Comment

I honestly think that Friday will be "the perfect storm (of Bearcats)" against ECU, and we will win this one by at least 10. We are due for a near perfect game.

B.C.
                "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Identity Crisis. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3780929/2022...aac-standings/
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Good discussion of the recent UC Football woes and upcoming ECU game by Alex Frank & Russ Helton on the Locked on Bearcats podcast.

Their take on the recent struggles: O-line injuries are to blame for part of it, but the O-line has just been weak overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny2tHLFoM-A&t=1913s

Comment

Des and Sauce will be in the house Friday night. Gardner is the number 1 back in the NFL currently.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
                        Good discussion of the recent UC Football woes and upcoming ECU game by Alex Frank & Russ Helton on the Locked on Bearcats podcast.

Their take on the recent struggles: O-line injuries are to blame for part of it, but the O-line has just been weak overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny2tHLFoM-A&t=1913s
                        Football woes? We're 7-2. 2-7 would be football woes.

Comment

I have two spare tickets. Anyone want them? Half price.

Comment

No pressure and no pass defense -- time to pick it up

Comment

Come on Bryant……that’s at least three passes way off resulting in a missed TD (how can you overthrow Tucker?!?) & an INT ……this guy’s inconsistency is maddening

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X