Interim Head Coach Kerry Coombs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interim Head Coach Kerry Coombs

Wish there were better circumstances to announce that Kerry Coombs is the HC at Cincinnati but there you go.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

This probably means that he is not going to Wisconsin. If memory serves, Coombs was the only coach who remained after Kelly left and ended up coaching the bowl with a lot of student trainers assisting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Wish there were better circumstances to announce that Kerry Coombs is the HC at Cincinnati but there you go.
      He needs some very good coaches around him if he is given the full-time job. I think we need a bigger name and not one who was blamed for tOSU loss last year. That after yesterday, just doesn't seem all of Kerry's doings. Bring in Mickens to help.

Travis needs to publicly back him

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        This probably means that he is not going to Wisconsin. If memory serves, Coombs was the only coach who remained after Kelly left and ended up coaching the bowl with a lot of student trainers assisting him.
        I thought it was
        Jeff Quinn

Comment

Hoping Cunningham can come up with someone with a little bit more credentials than KC.

Comment

I hope that they at least reach out to Freeman. It takes a special person to deal with the ND fans, alumni, and donors. That said, do you think that Cunningham will look for a defensive or offensive minded person?

Comment

I think we’re out of the running on Freeman.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I totally agree.

Comment

If Fickell had taken ND, we’d have Freeman ha

Comment

Is Gino a candidate?

Comment

Theoretically
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

You have to go into the B12 with a coach that has some notoriety. We're going to lose some recruits but that can be minimized with a coach who has some experience and name recognition. To me that leaves out Coombs and Gino. If we go into the B12 with a coach that is using OTJT we will become a stepping stone school once again.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                          Is Gino a candidate?
                          I don’t think he is ready yet. He was raw as an OC but did improve as the season progressed. I hope he stays here and gains experience to possibly be in line to become UC’s head coach someday.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                            Is Gino a candidate?
                            I would love to see Gino as HC but I'm not sure he's ready. I wouldn't want to see him fail and then never have another chance.

Comment

WTF is this graphic? With all due respect, the word "INTERIM" is not prominent enough. From the official UC Football accounts:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fim90W5X...jpg&name=large

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X