Interim Head Coach Kerry Coombs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    You have to go into the B12 with a coach that has some notoriety. We're going to lose some recruits but that can be minimized with a coach who has some experience and name recognition. To me that leaves out Coombs and Gino. If we go into the B12 with a coach that is using OTJT we will become a stepping stone school once again.
    Totally agree. Can't afford to hire a trainee with our entry into the Big 12. Already will be losing recruits and will have mass exodus if it's not someone with some name recognition.

Comment

Gino prolly won’t get invited to Wisconsin. Certainly not as an OC.
      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

I would guess that Tressel and Collins may get invites from Fickell to go with him.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
          I would guess that Tressel and Collins may get invites from Fickell to go with him.
          I would expect that as well. Collins is a big loss
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Dan Hoard on Twitter:

Had a great chat with Kerry Coombs today. He met with players and said his job is to take care of them and make sure they have a great bowl experience. He contacted every recruit and asked them to be patient. Unlike ‘09, he described the mood as disappointed instead of angry

Comment

^^ The difference so far between '22 and '09 is that BK left and told his coaches that they had to leave with him NOW or they would not have a job. We have not been told that yet in the current case. In '09, we went to the largest bowl game ever for UC with Coombs and student trainers. The players had no discipline and stayed out half the night prior to the game. That was the bad taste that BK left with UC fans. Coincidentally, BK did similar things to ND.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                ^^ The difference so far between '22 and '09 is that BK left and told his coaches that they had to leave with him NOW or they would not have a job. We have not been told that yet in the current case. In '09, we went to the largest bowl game ever for UC with Coombs and student trainers. The players had no discipline and stayed out half the night prior to the game. That was the bad taste that BK left with UC fans. Coincidentally, BK did similar things to ND.
                J. Quin coached the bowl game then went with the University of Buffalo as HC. He saw UC through it. At least on paper. He also did the same for Kelly at CMU.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X