Fenway Bowl - UC vs. Louisville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat-in-Italy View Post
    Defensive line getting pushed around. Zero weapons on offense - all the starting receivers and TE out. Will not blame Prater as he is running for his life … but at the same time when he has time to step into a throw he often misses his receiver. Does not look good unfortunately. He played D4 and dominated but was playing Reading and Indian Hill. Defense just gave up another 50 yard run. Surprising. I wonder if these Bowl games are sustainable with defections and draft withdrawals. Will be lots of lousy games like this for sure…barely representative of the teams … not be much of a motivation to travel to these Bowls. I am at least encouraged that we got the coach of the team that is delivering this beat down.
    Put Prater in the GMC or GCL, not against Taylor and Reading, and he would not have been Mr. Ohio.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

Put Prater in the GMC or GCL, not against Taylor and Reading, and he would not have been Mr. Ohio.

B.C.
      He did win the state championship his junior year. But fair point regarding his level of competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat-in-Italy View Post
        Defensive line getting pushed around. Zero weapons on offense - all the starting receivers and TE out. Will not blame Prater as he is running for his life … but at the same time when he has time to step into a throw he often misses his receiver. Does not look good unfortunately. He played D4 and dominated but was playing Reading and Indian Hill. Defense just gave up another 50 yard run. Surprising. I wonder if these Bowl games are sustainable with defections and draft withdrawals. Will be lots of lousy games like this for sure…barely representative of the teams … not be much of a motivation to travel to these Bowls. I am at least encouraged that we got the coach of the team that is delivering this beat down.
        Yeah, I mean we're down most of the the coaching staff, the top 5 WRs, 2 starting TEs, a starting QB, a starting RB, Both return men and the Kicker. That's just the offense. Prater looked terrible out there today but I'm not sure you can pin it on him when the O Line couldn't block a soul and they're running 7 guys at you in the box every play.

Bright spot? Drew Donley in the return game.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

What’s the status on Ben Bryant? Is he still injured?
          has he exhausted his eligibility?

Comment

yes on both counts

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Yeah, I mean we're down most of the the coaching staff, the top 5 WRs, 2 starting TEs, a starting QB, a starting RB, Both return men and the Kicker. That's just the offense. Prater looked terrible out there today but I'm not sure you can pin it on him when the O Line couldn't block a soul and they're running 7 guys at you in the box every play.

Bright spot? Drew Donley in the return game.
              That was what I seen. Liked his Dad and with hard work I can see him being very good. He has that speed.

Comment

This performance made me think that Fickell saw the writing on the wall for next year and decided to bail out while his value was at its peak. Based on what I am seeing we are looking at another rebuild and a 4-8 season, if that. Thoughts??

Oh, agree that Mahomes could not have done all that much under the rush that Prater endured. The offensive line definitely regressed mightily this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
                  What’s the status on Ben Bryant? Is he still injured?
                  has he exhausted his eligibility?
                  I believe Bryant has another year of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    That would be a great christmas present

Comment

• I am willing to wait and see if the new staff can motivate and coach up. I am trusting a few spots will be filled by underclassmen and the portal. I have not given up, but the team needs to step up.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                        He does have on more year if he wants it.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                          This performance made me think that Fickell saw the writing on the wall for next year and decided to bail out while his value was at its peak. Based on what I am seeing we are looking at another rebuild and a 4-8 season, if that. Thoughts??. The offensive line definitely regressed mightily this year.
                          Fickell created the writing on the wall. A self-professed prophecy. We could have won this game with a full staff and full roster. I want to say thank you to the players who stayed and played knowing that they were handicapped. You could tell that the players got tired but that is what happens when you do not have the guys to rotate in and out. Those players that stayed are Bearcats and I am happy for it.

p.s. The offensive line was injured and lost their best player. What was supposed to be our strength became our weakness because of those injuries. Last year the Bearcats were very fortunate not to have any key injuries.
                          Last edited by bearcatbret; 12-17-2022, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• You know, this is really a bad bowl game. Nothing good about it, poor location, cold blah blah. I feel bad for those guys who suited up today and did their best. With exception of Coombs, none of the coaches will be around next season. It seamed like there was zero motivation today. The portal is terrible and the coaches who leave their players is terrible. A really rotten season for college football bowls

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                              Bryant can play another year if UC requests it. It is up to the school not the individual player.

Comment

• When the BCS gets expanded to 12 teams I see little reason to play these meaningless bowl games. With players opting out for the draft and into the portal and coaches leaving the program you get a lot of lousy matchups. I do appreciate those players that stuck with it and tried to compete though.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X