Coach Scott Satterfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearcated View Post
    Solid hire. A lot of experience. U of L record is so so, but I don;t think you should count the Covid marred years against him.
    He also went 8-5 in year one on the heels of a 2-10 season from Petrino/interim coach

Comment

Mo Egger on Twitter: Everyone was obsessing over flight tracker when all along UC hired a coach who simply had to drive up I-71.

Comment

A second reason why Satterfield left. U ofL would not give him an extension this year apparently
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

All of the Louisville fans are celebrating so it makes me think this is another Tubberville unfortunately

Comment

Have been reading this forum for many years, but this is my first post...Have an open mind here, seems like he can recruit talented players. This bowl game is going to be something else.

Comment

For those who don't like the hire, I get it but you might want to compare the resume' of Satterfield to that of Fickell at the beginning of their tenure at UC.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Press Release:

https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/12/...CampaignId=468
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Via Pete Thamel:

Cincinnati AD John Cunningham to ESPN on hiring Scott Satterfield, w/P5 experience: "It’s obviously important. You want someone who has seen it at the highest level and been there at the trenches calling the game and the plays at the highest level. That’s really important."

Cunningham on Satt: "He has a calming presence. He’s been through it all. He’s also taken a school from the FCS to the FBS, which is a really tough transition. There’s time with us going to the Big 12.That’s important.He has that calm way about him during these types of moments."

Comment

Via Justin Williams:

Louisville yards per play under Satterfield...
                    2019: 12th in FBS
                    2020: 18th
                    2021: 10th
                    2022: 46th

Offense took a step back this season, which was also the Cardinals best season defensively under Satterfield. Still, the #Bearcats expect to look very different moving forward.

Comment

Sauce Gardner dropping by with the "eyeballs" emoji

https://twitter.com/iamSauceGardner/...76916684562434

Comment

Rocky Boiman: I have always liked Satterfield going back to covering him when he was at App St. Offense should be fun, need to get the QB situation addressed though

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                          All of the Louisville fans are celebrating so it makes me think this is another Tubberville unfortunately
                          I don't see this as Tuberville Part Deux.

Satterfield is 49, one year older than Fickell. This guys has 10 years of HC experience and he is still relatively young.

Let the U of L people celebrate. Good luck with their coaching search. We all know what's out there.

Comment

I think it's a bet that Cincinnati provides a better environment to be successful than Louisville does. What a change since the Big East fell apart.

People should get the playoff appearance out of their heads. The next stage is about building a team/program that is capable of playing at a higher level, week-in, week-out. There are no Temples on the schedule. This next stage is precarious. Wrong move and you're looking at 2 and 3 win seasons.

When you look at it through that lens and compare to some of the names we heard the past week, this is a person with legit experience doing that. 1. Taking App State to Div 1 2. Head Coach in a P5 conference.

He may not have a win in the CFP ceiling, but, if after 5 years we are solidly competing in the top third of the Big 12 ton a semi-yearly basis, it will have been a successful hire.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcated View Post

I don't see this as Tuberville Part Deux.

Satterfield is 49, one year older than Fickell. This guys has 10 years of HC experience and he is still relatively young.

Let the U of L people celebrate. Good luck with their coaching search. We all know what's out there.
                              They have wanted their old hero jeff Brohm for a few years now. We will see if the money people at U of L can beat the money people at Purdue. It was hard for Coach Satterfield to compete with a legend.
                              Last edited by leo from jersey; 12-05-2022, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Could have been a better hire with some of the names we kicked around on here, but more importantly could have been much worse with some other the other candidates being considered. Willing to see how it goes....

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X