Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC Signs QB for Next Year!

Looks like a good one year pickup!

Cincinnati has signed former Florida/Arizona State quarterback transfer Emory Jones.

The 6-foot-3 and 210-pound Jones started eight games for the Sun Devils in 2022 throwing for 1,533 yards and 7 touchdowns while completing 62% of his passes.

Prior to his time in Tempe, Jones started 12 games for Florida during the 2021 season while appearing in all 13 games for the Gators. He threw for 2,563 yards and 19 touchdowns while also rushing for 697 yards and four touchdowns during that season.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

This is a solid and much needed pick up. Hopefully, Evan Prater stays, competes, and develops. I see no future for Ben Bryant.
    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
      This is a solid and much needed pick up. Hopefully, Evan Prater stays, competes, and develops. I see no future for Ben Bryant.
      Ben's pocket QB style doesn't translate into Satterfield's offense very well so I would expect him to move on.

Jones and Prater are good fits for it. Evan's got to work on his accurancy to be sure. I have not seen enough of Jones at QB to have an opinion yet.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
        Under Big Cat Satt, I can see Evan winning the job. He knows the team, and has the locker room. He has speed and gained confidence
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Under Big Cat Satt, I can see Evan winning the job. He knows the team, and has the locker room. He has speed and gained confidence
          I can see Jones holding the keys to the car for one year and then Brady Drogosh taking over. I wish Evan the best and hopes he improves under better coaching.

Comment

Coach Satterfield on how this impacts Evan Prater:

“That remains to be seen. Obviously, that will be up to Evan and his family and the players on this team. But we’re going to need quarterbacks,” said Satterfield. “Hopefully they will be here and go through spring practice with us and we’ll get to coach them and develop them and see where we’re at.”

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Ben's pocket QB style doesn't translate into Satterfield's offense very well so I would expect him to move on.

Jones and Prater are good fits for it. Evan's got to work on his accurancy to be sure. I have not seen enough of Jones at QB to have an opinion yet.
              Ben Bryant has announced his return ?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ben Bryant has announced his return ?
                Yes, for his sixth and final season.

Comment

This will be interesting. Ben won’t get promises without Gino here.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Let me get this straight. Prater is being judged on a game where the offense and coaching staff was gutted. Short sighted. Local recruits should and will take notice.

Comment

This will be interesting. Ben won’t get promises without Gino here.
                      My only hope is it isn't a fake QB competition. If Evan works hard and is obviously the best QB in camp and Jones is handed the job like Ben was, the locker room will revolt
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post

Yes, for his sixth and final season.
                        Are you sure? This would be UC’s option and not up to Bryant. I had not heard whether UC was going to request the extra year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat1996 View Post
                          Let me get this straight. Prater is being judged on a game where the offense and coaching staff was gutted. Short sighted. Local recruits should and will take notice.
                          They take notice when people go high in the draft as Dez did.

Comment

I doubt that. Every players situation is different. There are no guarantees.

Comment

No, he'll still have a chance to compete, and he has all the tools. But it's safe to say he didn't win the job outright in his two starts.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X