Spring Ball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Ball

Come one, come all , if you’re not buried in taxes that weekend.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/2/2...-april-15.aspx
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The spring game will be at 12:00 April 15 in Nippert
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I used to look forward to the Spring game with anticipation and excitement. Right now I am not feeling either. I just don't know what to expect this year. I want to be pleasantly surprised but right now 6 and 6 and a trip to the Patriot Bowl (remember the series Coach?) seem to be in our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
        I used to look forward to the Spring game with anticipation and excitement. Right now I am not feeling either. I just don't know what to expect this year. I want to be pleasantly surprised but right now 6 and 6 and a trip to the Patriot Bowl (remember the series Coach?) seem to be in our future.
        That’s the point isn’t it - none of us have any idea what to expect. New coaching staff. Many new players. I am not setting my expectations until after fall practices start. And, the team is likely going to change through the season with injuries, player development, and whatever else affects performance. I’m excited just to see it all play out.

Comment

Some tweets from Justin Williams:

WR Keyshawn Helton, who transferred from Florida State this offseason, will not play this season due to injury, Scott Satterfield just announced.

Satterfield added that QB Ben Bryant and RB Ryan Montgomery are both rehabbing and won’t be full-go to start spring ball.

Dontay Corleone on staying at UC through the coaching change: “I’m from Cincinnati. I take pride in being from Cincinnati. I couldn’t leave.”

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
            I look forward to this year probably more than any other. The Cats are finally going big time with the Big12. I'm going to choose to enjoy the ride and hope for the best. I think Coach Satt is a good coach. Hopefully he can keep things going in a positive direction. But I'll choose to be enthusiastic until they give me reason not to be. Very eager to see them on the field and just as much to see how recruiting starts to unfold in the next several months. That will be very telling looking forward.

Comment

I’m super excited about the upcoming schedule and suspect we may be sub .500 but if we at least get the QB position resolved, it should be fun to watch. I know it seems like the Emory Jones will be the guy, but Brady Dragosh and Evan will make it very interesting. I think Kiner will also be fun to watch and the WR & LB from Ironton look very promising. Satt has proven success guiding a program to the next level - I’m pretty confident we will see returns in year 2.

Comment

This is only somewhat related but it will be interesting to see if they experiment with some of the possible rule changes the NCAA is proposing for football such as a running clock after first downs outside of 2:00 and not consecutive timeouts after a play. Also, no untimed downs at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters.
                Last edited by Lobot; 03-03-2023, 01:41 PM.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I just hope we have a Spring game that we can attend. The weather hasn't been cooperative, causing cancellation. And I think Fickell had a general dislike for the game itself, preferring another practice instead; thus the games were somewhat ungamelike (if that's even a word) during his tenure.

Does anybody on this site remember the Brian Kelly Spring game with placards that had "R" on one one side and "P" on the other (for Run or Pass). Several times during the game he had the fans vote for the play call.

Comment

Updated roster:

https://gobearcats.com/sports/football/roster
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

From Justin WIlliams, I thought this was an extremely interesting statement.

"Day 1 of spring ball, but #Bearcats DB/LB Deshawn Pace has embraced the new staff and a new nickel position: "The new staff is pretty good. I like them. They're all hype. They're more for the players now...Just all around. The coaches are more for the players. They just love us.""
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I still think it's weird Luke's son stayed behind, wonder if he will ever get any real PT

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          From Justin WIlliams, I thought this was an extremely interesting statement.

"Day 1 of spring ball, but #Bearcats DB/LB Deshawn Pace has embraced the new staff and a new nickel position: "The new staff is pretty good. I like them. They're all hype. They're more for the players now...Just all around. The coaches are more for the players. They just love us.""
                          Have definitely seen a couple comments from Pace and Kiner which imply that mayyyybe the players didn't like the previous coaches as much as we were lead to believe.

Comment

Kiner was sick of getting screamed at by the previous RB coach apparently.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I wonder if the past coaches are going to wear T.E.A.M. on the back of their shirts.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X