Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy: Prince
    TCU’s Sonny Dykes: Dave Matthews Band
    Texas’ Steve Sarkisian: Tupac
    Texas Tech’s Joey McGuire: George Strait
    UCF’s Gus Malzahn: The Cars
    West Virginia’s Neal Brown: Zach Bryan

Comment

From last week https://big12sports.com/news/2023/8/...ship-game.aspx

The Big 12 Conference announced that three-time Grammy-award winning artist Nelly will perform at halftime of the 2023 Dr Pepper Big 12 Football Championship game. Nelly will be joined by the marching bands of both participating teams. Additional entertainment and fan experience enhancements for the Football Championship game will be announced at a later date.

Comment

Stewart Mandel's Big 12 predictions ($) https://theathletic.com/4797476/2023...s-mandel-2023/

Spoiler alert -- he has UC in a four-way tie for last place at 2-7 in the league, 4-8 overall.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          Stewart Mandel's Big 12 predictions ($) https://theathletic.com/4797476/2023...s-mandel-2023/

Spoiler alert -- he has UC in a four-way tie for last place at 2-7 in the league, 4-8 overall.
          We should've beat that UCF team last year, though they are slightly improved I don't see them winning 5 conference games. The schedule favors UC and I'd stack our defense against an in the league, and our D-line among the best in the nation. I have more reason to believe in this UC team than just being a "UC Homer". It's kinda lazy journalism to give a few thoughts on just the top contenders. I'm not predicting UC will go 7-2 in conference play, but UC is more situated to go 5-4 or 6-3 than UCF. There are a lot of new parts that seem to be fitting together nicely. Add in a disruptive defense, and this team could both score well on offense and defense. I'd much rather exceed expectations than underperform against high expectations.

BTW - Texas is not gonna being in the top 4 let alone Big 12 champion with CFP aspirations. Much the way we see new faces fitting in at UC, Tom Herman doesn't have a history of putting the pieces of the puzzle together.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

We should've beat that UCF team last year, though they are slightly improved I don't see them winning 5 conference games. The schedule favors UC and I'd stack our defense against an in the league, and our D-line among the best in the nation. I have more reason to believe in this UC team than just being a "UC Homer". It's kinda lazy journalism to give a few thoughts on just the top contenders. I'm not predicting UC will go 7-2 in conference play, but UC is more situated to go 5-4 or 6-3 than UCF. There are a lot of new parts that seem to be fitting together nicely. Add in a disruptive defense, and this team could both score well on offense and defense. I'd much rather exceed expectations than underperform against high expectations.

BTW - Texas is not gonna being in the top 4 let alone Big 12 champion with CFP aspirations. Much the way we see new faces fitting in at UC, Tom Herman doesn't have a history of putting the pieces of the puzzle together.
            Tom Herman is coaching FAU this year. Steve Sarkisian is the Longhorn's coach.

Comment

Originally posted by CatCane View Post

Tom Herman is coaching FAU this year. Steve Sarkisian is the Longhorn's coach.
              So memorable and great, I forgot Sark's the new coach for a but. Yawn. Wake me when UT-Austin wins something. I don't think it will be this decade

Comment

So memorable and great, I forgot Sark's the new coach for a but. Yawn. Wake me when UT-Austin wins something. I don't think it will be this decade
                Yes. this. Maybe they finally will this year but this might be the only year. Sark is a really good OC but I'm not sold on him as an HC.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Sark is all Xs and Os, no team chemistry or leadership that kids will make sacrifices for him. In contrast, Satt seems to a great mix of the Central Michigan coaches; Xs and Os like BK, and a family values/father figure like Jones. I'm really thinking hos Loserville days were marred by the prevous AD scandals. I believe he is still that great next young rising star from App St

Comment

Sark is all Xs and Os, no team chemistry or leadership that kids will make sacrifices for him. In contrast, Satt seems to a great mix of the Central Michigan coaches; Xs and Os like BK, and a family values/father figure like Jones. I'm really thinking hos Loserville days were marred by the prevous AD scandals. I believe he is still that great next young rising star from App St
                    Count me confused. Are we talking Sark or Satterfield here?
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Re: Count me confused. Are we talking Sark or Satterfield here?

If you're really serious, it's Sark before "In contrast" and Satterfield after. And Satterfield is being compared to Kelly and Jones ("the Central Michigan coaches").
                      Further, "hos" = "his" when discussing Satt's Loserville days.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                        Re: Count me confused. Are we talking Sark or Satterfield here?

If you're really serious, it's Sark before "In contrast" and Satterfield after. And Satterfield is being compared to Kelly and Jones ("the Central Michigan coaches").
                        Further, "hos" = "his" when discussing Satt's Loserville days.
                        I must have misread something the first time around. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Count me confused. Are we talking Sark or Satterfield here?
                          Bringing it back to UC

Comment

Big 12 week 1 schedule here

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...dule/_/group/4

There's some tough games in here for WVU and Houston. The tough ones are balanced out by cupcakes in several games. What happens in the Colorado @ TCU game will be very interesting regardless of the outcome.
                            Last edited by Lobot; 08-31-2023, 05:06 PM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So Baylor really laid an egg yesterday against Texas St. TSU has barely been in FBS long enough to play a P5 team, much less beat one. They're in the Sun Belt after years in FCS. It's not a good program to be honest. That's a terrible loss for Baylor in a buy game to a lower caliber in state team no less.

Then you have Texas Tech who played away at Wyoming for some reason, lost in 2OT and got field rushed by the Cowboys fans. I don't think anyone saw either of those coming.

Houston had some issues with UTSA at TDECU but UTSA is a good team so I'm not surprised at this one. Houston ekes out a win 17-14

BYU and OK State were less than impressive in their home debuts yesterday but came out winners. BYU played Sam Houston St who also jumped to FBS recently and was an FCS powerhouse for years and is probably a better team than Texas St. so I'm not sure where that leaves Baylor.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Baylors QB is out 2-3 weeks with an MCL sprain per Chris Vannini . That puts him him back on the field in time for UC but he’s likely to be pretty immobile
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X