Eastern Kentucky 9/2 3:30 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Kentucky 9/2 3:30 ESPN+

3 weeks til football 🏈. EKU is the warm up for the inaugural Big XII season.

The Colonels are an FCS team out of the sort of newly formed ASUN-WAC conference but don’t let that fool you. They have a very good QB in Parker McKinney who went for 33 TDs against 8 INTs last season and threw for almost 4000 yards. The guy can play and he’s also on the Walter Payton Award watch list member and an FCS pre-season All American.

The defensive backfield is going to get tested often if there’s no pressure up front to take him out of rythym.

This is not a bad team. We’re going to have to click on offense or this could be an upset and a bad start for the Scott Satterfield era.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I sure hope that there is no opset here. I felt that losing against Arkansas last year in the first game, let the wind out of the sails of the fans. I don't think that the energy every came back at Nippert. I think that the fans will stick around with losses to some of the top Big 12 teams but not against EKU. I agree with you though, they are not a bad team. My old neighbor was the QB there around the late 80's (plus or minus).

Comment

A nice preview of EKU. Definitely an explosive offense that returns a bunch of starters. Defense was terrible last year, but had a bunch of transfers. With that said, the Cats should be able to score a bunch. And hopefully the defense is too physical.

https://herosportsprod.wpengine.com/...-preview-bzbz/

Comment

I have tickets for this if anyone needs a pair.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Lobot, if you still have the tickets I would love to be able to take my son’s girlfriend and her dad to their first ever UC game. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcatdave72 View Post
            A nice preview of EKU. Definitely an explosive offense that returns a bunch of starters. Defense was terrible last year, but had a bunch of transfers. With that said, the Cats should be able to score a bunch. And hopefully the defense is too physical.

https://herosportsprod.wpengine.com/...-preview-bzbz/
            we're all thinking (i think?) that the defense, esp. the front 7, will be the strength of this UC team. i hope that our defense can rise to the ocaisson against eku - if not, we're in for a very long year

Comment

Originally posted by Cincycats93 View Post
              Lobot, if you still have the tickets I would love to be able to take my son’s girlfriend and her dad to their first ever UC game. Thanks.
              I sent you a PM
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

FYI: Tickets are gone
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I've never seen EKU play, so I don't know what systems they run, but it's obvious that they want to throw the ball all over the place. They averaged 332 yards through the air in 2022 but ran for only 123. Defensively, they allowed 208 yards passing and a very high 240 rushing.

The Colonels scored 53 offensive TDs, with 33 of them via the pass. Conversely, they allowed 21 TDs through the air and 32 on the ground.

Comment

CSS Preview on the game. Cincinnati Football | Scott Satterfield, Jowon Briggs, Emory Jones Preview Eastern Kentucky - YouTube

Comment

White helmets
                      Black jerseys
                      White pants

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                        White helmets
                        Black jerseys
                        White pants
                        Twitter has decided that the white jerseys weren't ready yet.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Do any of the other oldtimers on here really care what uniforms we wear?

Comment

I read that the Colonels utilize a 5-2 defensive formation. I don't think anyone has used that since I was at UC in the early 1970's.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                              I read that the Colonels utilize a 5-2 defensive formation. I don't think anyone has used that since I was at UC in the early 1970's.
                              That's a weird one. Might be why they gave up a ton of yards last season if it's the same DC.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X