No announcement yet.

Brigham Young 9/29 10:15 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second to last possession, so they run with Jones. Still time, but a run. Give Satt another year -- and a qb.

Comment

From my point of view these kids are not buying in to this coaching staff. I hope I'm wrong just now entering into big12 but there is zero excitement on the field. Whether it's Satts decision to bring in Jones naming him starter
      immediately, or maybe it's another coach that don't have the respect of the players but these kids are not enjoying
      playing football.

Comment

The turning point was the botched punt.

Something is wrong out there. We are so spoiled in having 12-2 teams (or better), that this year's disaster is very hard to swallow.

B.C.
        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

QB was the difference between two teams. Their made the throws under pressure, our missed the open receivers at crucial time. I think we should give next guy a chance.

Comment

Another winnable game lost. What a bummer trend this is becoming. I’d really like to see a change at QB, I just don’t think Emory’s passing skills & decision making abilities are what UC needs. Our DB, and the defensive collapses are just tough to watch. This wasn’t a particularly good BYU team.
            Last edited by Bearcat93; 09-30-2023, 02:59 PM.

Comment

The secondary was horrendous in 2nd quarter & 2nd half. Why are we playing off the receivers 5-7 yards???? I believe this is all coaching & if anyone should be replaced it should Kerry Combs.
              It seems like every team we face makes adjustments in the 2nd half but us. Constantly running up the middle when it doesn't work is stupid. JMHO!

Comment

The offensive line is the problem. They are not winning at the point of attack and are not protecting the QB. If they could fix those two issues, it would go a long way to more sustained drives, points and rest for the defense, not to mention getting the DBs off the field. When can we expect Sammy Anderson back?

Comment

I can’t remember a season like this. We’ve had rebuilding or starting out seasons before but everyone from the coaching staff to the 21 transfer players just makes this team feels fake. There’s zero heart and emotion. No pride. No one interested in being a Bearcat. They’ll put on whatever jersey at whatever school will have them. I realize this is happening in a lot of schools with the covid extra year, transfer portal and the NIL but I just don’t care for it and I hate that’s it’s happening to our program. I’m really embarrassed for our university to see these guys wearing Bearcat jerseys and I’m not sure I’ll ever care to see a Bearcat coach wearing a visor again as long as I live. Wish I had a suggestion to offer but I’m tired after a late night and just feel like venting.

Comment

I have seen this UC football team play three times now. This UC football team is in BIG trouble. It would NOT surprise me if they do not win another game the rest of the season. This is a weird football team. They have a pretty good ball control offense. They gain all types of yards both in the air and on the ground. However, Jones does not make enough big plays throughout the game that generates touchdowns. Also, Jones is very inconsistent with his passing accuracy. Jones appears to have problems processing the information on the field quickly. This may cause him to make bad reads, bad decisions, and to hold on to the ball too long at times. He now has thrown at least one interception in every game (I think). He has six (6) interceptions in five (5) games. At times, as well, the offensive line does not give Jones much help with pass protection. However, the offensive line appears to be a pretty good run blocking team. UC's running game is not bad and may be the best part of their offense. They appear to have two good hard running bruising backs (Kiner and Montgomery).

Defensively, this team is prone to give up BIG PLAYS (especially with good passing quarterbacks). UC's defense back play is much too soft. They give opposing receivers way too much room to operate. To me, one of the plays that changed the outcome of the game came at the end of the first have when BYU took the ball down the field and scored a touchdown in LESS THAN 44 SECONDS. UC ran over 20 more plays than BYU for the game (something like that) and were basically blown out in the second half by a few BIG PLAYS. UC had the ball OVER TEN MINUTES MORE than BYU and still lost the game. How does some sh%$# like that happen? By the way, that mishandled punt at the end of the game basically killed any chance that UC had to win.

Just one more thing before I go and get a cold one. Let me ask you all a question. When you all look at the remaining schedule, who can Cincinnati beat? I figure that the only two teams left that Cincy can beat are Baylor (at home) and maybe Houston (on the road). Not unless UC makes some major adjustments, I really do NOT see a bowl game this year for this program. On a positive note, Fickell had a losing record his first year as well and look how he turned the program around. Satterfield has to make some adjustments.
                    Last edited by leeraymond; 09-30-2023, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Box Score.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401525851

And the stupid reverse stats thing continues.

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 10.16.22 AM.png
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Losing 3 games in a row and in this type of fashion is unacceptable. Period.

Three Thoughts on BYU's 35-27 Victory over Cincinnati (heartlandcollegesports.com)
                        Last edited by bearcatbret; 09-30-2023, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Next day thoughts:
                          1.We had a pick 6 and a muffed punt. Those two miscues cost us 14 points. Terrible plays to be sure, but just two plays had an outsized effect on the game. Correct those two things, and the ballgame is very different.
                          2. We ARE moving the ball. We struggle to finish, but we have been sustaining drives. That is not a small thing. I feel like that means there is much less to correct overall and gives a lot of room for hope.
                          3. We are a few games into a new league, with a new coaching staff, with a heavily turned over roster. Leave just one of those in place, and this season would look far different. Struggle and challenges have to be expected, and it is far too early to suggest we need a new head coach. With that being said, the visor...(just shakes head)

Comment

We gave them 14 points directly off the two turnovers, one of which was totally avoidable.

We continue to not turn for the ball at the CB spot. That's on Kerry Coombs. We're a man down at the CB spot and I get that, but you've got to turn for the ball. I don't understand teaching guys to faceguard unless they're unable to locate the ball as a talent/ability issue. That said, I'd rather see Justin Harris pick up 2 or 3 15yd DPIs a game than get torched deep. Harris is lucky to be on the field at all after the neck injury he had so I tend to give him a bit of slack. He's doing the best he can and there's not much behind him.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Regarding Satterfield-boring, conservative offense that he used at U of L to guide them to a .500 record. It’s early, totally agree, and I’m not implying he be removed, but what are we thinking will improve his odds of not being .500 here across 4 years? The ACC is quite competitive this year & his former team is 5-0, presumably with new players & of course a new coach. Looking for reasons to be optimistic here. If we have 4-5 wins this year, we could do that with Brady Drogosh and he’d have a year of experience.
                              Last edited by Bearcat93; 09-30-2023, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                                Regarding Satterfield-boring, conservative offense that he used at U of L to guide them to a .500 record. It’s early, totally agree, and I’m not implying he be removed, but what are we thinking will improve his odds of not being .500 here across 4 years? The ACC is quite competitive this year & his former team is 5-0, presumably with new players & of course a new coach. Looking for reasons to be optimistic here. If we have 4-5 wins this year, we could do that with Brady Drogosh and he’d have a year of experience.
                                These are fair questions. I cringed last night when I saw Louisville right before our game and they were 5-0. I couldn't help but remember that many of their fans seemed glad to see Satterfield go. Them being 5-0 and us being 2-3 does seem like an indictment of the coaching style/ability. I don't want it to be true, that is for sure.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X