Time for QB change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for QB change?

At least, I'd like to see a rotation to get Brady L more game experience. I like run focus or establishing the run first. I love have a mobile QB, when needed and some design QB scramples. However, there are too many QB runs or run options. If we are going to limit the number of throws in favor of more runs, the throws have to be more accurate.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

It was suggested that some of the players are not bought in to the new regime. It seems to me from watching Satterfield pressers that he's only giving coach speak, the politically correct responses to generic questions, plus throwing in some kudos to the student fan base. A few more losses and the student fan base will be non existent, we'll see the effects at the opening of the portal. But yeah a change at QB is needed pronto.

Comment

Here's your QB room. I'm not sure there's a solution to the problem in it. If you make a change, you go with Lichtenberg.
      Emory was not happy about being pulled in the 4th. I think the word he used was "irritated" in a post game interview. He also said that 2 or 3 of the guys in the locker room are not on the same page with the team. I think that shows up on the field.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Here's your QB room. I'm not sure there's a solution to the problem in it. If you make a change, you go with Lichtenberg.
        Emory was not happy about being pulled in the 4th. I think the word he used was "irritated" in a post game interview. He also said that 2 or 3 of the guys in the locker room are not on the same page with the team. I think that shows up on the field.
        He should have been pulled even earlier in the game. He isn’t good, at all. He wasn’t good at FL or ASU. What the coaching staff saw I will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

He should have been pulled even earlier in the game. He isn’t good, at all. He wasn’t good at FL or ASU. What the coaching staff saw I will never know.
          They saw a mobile QB who theoretically can run the offense. He cannot read defenses or the progress past the first read. At All. I'm not sure if that's him or whether he's being instructed to do that. Either way it isn't working out.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Which Brady?? Brady L. who has been here longer or Brady D. who reportedly has far more upside and is our future. We're obviously going nowhere this year and might as well prepare for the future,

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
              Which Brady?? Brady L. who has been here longer or Brady D. who reportedly has far more upside and is our future. We're obviously going nowhere this year and might as well prepare for the future,
              I think you put in Brady L even though he's a pocket passer. We need someone who can actually hit a receiver. Neither of them have more than this year in the offensive scheme but I think you save Brady D's redshirt if you can. I have the feeling one of them will hit the portal after this coming spring if not sooner.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Brady L is 2 on the depth chart, so Lichtenstein

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

They saw a mobile QB who theoretically can run the offense. He cannot read defenses or the progress past the first read. At All. I'm not sure if that's him or whether he's being instructed to do that. Either way it isn't working out.
                  Why would they instruct him to not read past the first read…come on

Comment

Just for comparison, the one FBS we've beaten this year, Pitt, benched their 6th year transfer QB for today's game.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Why would they instruct him to not read past the first read…come on
                      Hey, you got me but dumber things have happened.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

As bad as Emory Jones has played…a couple of things also need to be called out.

Fickell had no O-Line depth, and left the cupboard bare…including taking 2 starters with him to Wiscy. Satt had to scramble to get a line together…we can see they aren’t very good.

The WR group is doesn’t help Emory at all. Emory can buy some time, but no receiver works back to the ball. Rewatch todays game. It’s pretty absurd. So much talent, but these guys aren’t any good. I guess that’s why they all never caught on at the P5 schools they transferred from.

Yes - Emory isn’t any good. And he can’t seem to see the field well (or wide open players). But these other things are also true.

Comment

No doubt we were defense heavy on depth chart, but a great QB can make a difference. Not saying Brady L is Penix like, but see what Pennix did for IU.

Converse is also true: a bad QB can make a decent team look bad.

Comment

No team with bad morale and dissension wins games. I thought we could win today, and perhaps a few more, but now I’m resigned to the fact that we will likely finish 2-10, and that will make recruiting very hard. After next year, unless there’s a miraculous turn around, watch for an early buy out of Coach S, as it is clear if he could not win at Louisville, he’s not going to win here.

B.C.
                            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I told my wife after that first missed pass for a TD on the first drive that a new QB thread would be started. People on this forum have been saying it all season, Jones is not accurate on his throws. This team is not going anywhere so I say put in a different QB and see how they do. Just remember that the O-line stinks too.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X