No announcement yet.

Time for QB change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After watching today's game again, the comparisons of Emory Jones and Aklil Smith are there. Great runners, but cannot hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards. I think it is time to let Lichtenberg a look. With the set throws that Jones missed today there is no reason not to. Drogosh can play the last 4 games and not lose his redshirt. The Emory Jones led Bearcats need to be done. The defensive backfield is awful as well.

Comment

Emory is a good runner. I think the best chance for this team to win is for more runs and fewer passes. If Emory is attempting more than about 25 passes a game then they probably aren’t going to win.

Comment

The offensive line sucks yea that's a given, but it's not like Jones is continually being rushed or even on his back repeatedly. Jones has no finesse, can't lead a receiver, isn't very accurate and hasn't got the players respect. Satterfield come in bringing in his buddies from a mediocre staff in Loserville and brought Jones in only
        because he had power five football game experience. Jones said it best at the post game presser that the receivers and he are not in sync. If the coaches can't see that or are just ignoring it then changes need to be made either players or coaches. It was mentioned earlier or in the game post that Satterfield has benched certain players that should be starting which suggests there s nepotism involved. My question is if we need receivers what happened to Prater. I can count on one hand the times he's been on the field. Why not bring him in @ QB? If the fear of being embarrassed was the reason Satterfield tapped Jones to enter the big12, well that ship has sailed! We look like a mid major team out there in all facets. Prater cannot look any worse that Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
          The offensive line sucks yea that's a given, but it's not like Jones is continually being rushed or even on his back repeatedly. Jones has no finesse, can't lead a receiver, isn't very accurate and hasn't got the players respect. Satterfield come in bringing in his buddies from a mediocre staff in Loserville and brought Jones in only
          because he had power five football game experience. Jones said it best at the post game presser that the receivers and he are not in sync. If the coaches can't see that or are just ignoring it then changes need to be made either players or coaches. It was mentioned earlier or in the game post that Satterfield has benched certain players that should be starting which suggests there s nepotism involved. My question is if we need receivers what happened to Prater. I can count on one hand the times he's been on the field. Why not bring him in @ QB? If the fear of being embarrassed was the reason Satterfield tapped Jones to enter the big12, well that ship has sailed! We look like a mid major team out there in all facets. Prater cannot look any worse that Jones.
          Who should be starting that is currently benched?

Prater at QB??? Get outta here…

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

It is well documented that Prater needs surgery on his arm to be able to throw. He is not the answer and I think he is a good fit at WR. He does need to be on the field more because the other receivers are ineffective.

Jones is not the answer at QB. Since UC is not going to win any of the remaining games, start another QB so that he gains experience he needs to be more successful next season. Thanks to Jones for trying, but UC must move on from him as it is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

It is well documented that Prater needs surgery on his arm to be able to throw. He is not the answer and I think he is a good fit at WR. He does need to be on the field more because the other receivers are ineffective.

Jones is not the answer at QB. Since UC is not going to win any of the remaining games, start another QB so that he gains experience he needs to be more successful next season. Thanks to Jones for trying, but UC must move on from him as it is not working.
              I’ll correct this for you…

It is well documented that Prater can’t read defenses or play QB at the collegiate level, and was never an accurate passer.

Back to the original question…who is currently being benched that should be starting??

Comment

Originally posted by bg703 View Post
                Emory is a good runner. I think the best chance for this team to win is for more runs and fewer passes. If Emory is attempting more than about 25 passes a game then they probably aren’t going to win.
                Give those 25 passes to Brady and see 20 completions, instead of 8.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Brady Lichtenstein or Brady Drogosh. Both are better passers than Emory.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    Just for comparison, the one FBS we've beaten this year, Pitt, benched their 6th year transfer QB for today's game.
                    A Pitt team we beat at home, just beat an undefeated #14 team simply by changing QB. The QB can change tenor of the team, and that's what we want for our Bearcats.

Comment

It is well documented that Prater needs surgery on his arm to be able to throw.

I apologize to all. Apparently I missed this bit of information. That do changes things a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        It is well documented that Prater needs surgery on his arm to be able to throw.

I apologize to all. Apparently I missed this bit of information. That do changes things a bit
                        What does it change? Evan isn't in the QB conversation. We want Brady! I don't really care if Lichtenstein or Drogosh, just no more Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

What does it change? Evan isn't in the QB conversation. We want Brady! I don't really care if Lichtenstein or Drogosh, just no more Jones.
                          i see all of the armchair coaches just continually ripping EP. almost as many, as those who had / have man crushes on ben bryant. maybe i'm misreading your post. i don't know if its a rip at EP, or just acknowledgment of the fact that his arm isn't healthy. but, were he healthy, he'd at least offer someone with some collegiate experience. he also fits the "type" of qb that coach satterfield wants. at this point, though, i agree with you. CSS needs to make a change, and, physically, EP is not an option. there are reports that there's friction in the clubhouse. he's got to do something, before there's a full blown meltdown. my one overriding question is, how much did EJ get in NIL money, and is that affecting the coach's decisions on playing time?

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

i see all of the armchair coaches just continually ripping EP. almost as many, as those who had / have man crushes on ben bryant. maybe i'm misreading your post. i don't know if its a rip at EP, or just acknowledgment of the fact that his arm isn't healthy. but, were he healthy, he'd at least offer someone with some collegiate experience. he also fits the "type" of qb that coach satterfield wants. at this point, though, i agree with you. CSS needs to make a change, and, physically, EP is not an option. there are reports that there's friction in the clubhouse. he's got to do something, before there's a full blown meltdown. my one overriding question is, how much did EJ get in NIL money, and is that affecting the coach's decisions on playing time?
                            My comment on Evan is nothing negative. I simply consider him in the WR room, not the QB room, and wasn't aware of his "well documented" arm injury until I saw it in this thread. As to EJ, I think you may be onto something about NIL money and discord in the lockerroom. I'd hope NIL money doesn't affect the coaches decision on playing time. As to the team friction, Satt has to get control of it with the help of team leaders. Engage small groups or individuals and get on the same page, then let that spread to rest of the team.

Out of all of the fan discussion, one thing I am hopeful will continue is fans supporting the team, i.e. showing up to games and cheering loud. Nippert is a huge advantage for the Bearcats. It gets loud on 3rd down, but I'd like to see that noise on 1st and second downs while doubling the noise on 3rd down while we're on defense.
                            Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 10-16-2023, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

My comment on Evan is nothing negative. I simply consider him in the WR room, not the QB room, and wasn't aware of his "well documented" arm injury until I saw it in this thread. As to EJ, I think you may be onto something about NIL money and discord in the lockerroom. I'd hope NIL money doesn't affect the coaches decision on playing time. As to the team friction, Satt has to get control of it with the help of team leaders. Engage small groups or individuals and get on the same page, then let that spread to rest of the team.

Out of all of the fan discussion, one thing I am hopeful will continue is fans supporting the team, i.e. showing up to games and cheering loud. Nippert is a huge advantage for the Bearcats. It gets loud on 3rd down, but I'd like to see that noise on 1st and second downs while doubling the noise on 3rd down while we're on defense.
                              yep - there was a good crowd at the ISU / homecoming game - with the score and the rain, it did clear out early. these next few weeks will be the test.

the nil is so new, but, i also wonder if it effects team cohesion - "man, he's getting x amount of money more than me, and he stinks" - you have a ton of testosterone involved, younger (maybe not as mature as you'd like) adults - they're human. i really do wonder how much of a factor nil will in locker rooms.

Comment

I know this is the wrong thread for this comment but oh well... I really wish we would have gone out and gotten Deion instead of Satt.... Maybe Cunningham should be on the hot seat too if this hire doesn't pan out. I like Wes but the jury is still out on him too. Sure he's nailing it on the recruiting trail but not sure he's shown he can coach.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X