No announcement yet.

Baylor 10/21 Noon ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20-14 at the half. Things could definitely be worse. Baylor went 4 and out a couple of times with momentum. We had momentum and went 3 and out. Without the special teams blunder we're right there. Clean up the mess and we have a shot today.
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-21-2023, 02:03 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I’ll have hope if the QB is changed out. Otherwise I’m not sure you can win a single game from here with absolutely zero vertical passing game.
      Too easy to defend
      Last edited by Bearcat93; 10-22-2023, 10:42 AM.

Comment

No offense identity on this team. Make a change at QB at this point.

Comment

Emory is truly awful. Yet another overthrow. Can’t win because we take 7 minutes to score.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            20-14 at the half. Things could definitely be worse. Baylor went 4 and out a couple of times with momentum. We had momentum and went 3 and out. Without the special teams blunder we're right there. Clean up the mess and we have a shot today.
            Looking back now, after the game. The "blunder" truly was critical to the loss. Didn't this same type blunder occur in an earlier game critical to that loss and by the same player? The team is just too inconsistent. The last two losses are to two young teams that are on the rise being willing even to use young quarterbacks in their learning process.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the streaming of the entire game by ESPN+.

Comment

Yes, at BYU. Special teams may be their worst unit of the 3. I am confused why the coaching staff went for it twice on 4th down near the 20. UC is not a good short yardage team. Take the points. Might have been a different result today if they kicked both teams. I get that the team needs a win but that coaching out of a sense of desperation.

Originally posted by SawyerHall68 View Post

Looking back now, after the game. The "blunder" truly was critical to the loss. Didn't this same type blunder occur in an earlier game critical to that loss and by the same player? The team is just too inconsistent. The last two losses are to two young teams that are on the rise being willing even to use young quarterbacks in their learning process.

Comment

Well today's game is a harbinger of the rest of the season O for conference.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatJon View Post
                    No offense identity on this team. Make a change at QB at this point.
                    Tend to agree with this and this is what you get when you have returning players that you can count on one hand. Way too much personnel turnover on the offensive side of the ball and not enough time together to gel and collectively learn the playbook.

I was encouraged by the fight the offense showed in the 4th quarter. They went stale in the 3rd but didn't roll over this week. We came up short but they gave it a shot. Henderson in the end zone was nice to see. That was his first and second TD this season? The running game worked well with 288 yards which blows my mind that we didn't win TOP.

Deshawn Pace came to play today. 11 tackles and a sack.

Gresziak went into the locker room late in the game. Barak Faulk came back out of it on crutches and I think the sideline reporter said broken ankle.

Satterfield said in the the pregame interview on TV that the turnover battle was crucial. We had the only turnover today and it is was the difference in the game.

Box:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401525868
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                      Well today's game is a harbinger of the rest of the season O for conference.
                      Yeah, I am with you on this one Rufus. Cincinnati has 5 games left. They are 0-4 in conference play. The only team remaining on the schedule that maybe they can beat is UCF. UCF is winless in the conference as well. When you think about it, what is there left to play for if you are a UC player? Pride? Not going winless? Let's face it, this is NOT a BIG 12 Program at this point in time. Can Satterfield bring in the talent, and maybe another special teams and DB coach or two, to bring the football program up to a standard that truly allows it to compete at a national level? Satterfield and his coaches should be out there now on the recruiting trail. Based on what I have seen so far this season, UC probably will not get its first conference win until next season. What a difference a year and a new coach make.
                      Last edited by leeraymond; 10-21-2023, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Insult to injury. Byron Vaughns who scored on the fumbled kickoff, was someone we recruited. 🤮
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nice to see we found the endzone several times today, and in different manners. Seems like several games this year have turned on just a few plays. That does give me some hope for the future, though perhaps not this year. It was tough listening to the substantial boo'ing and even the student section chant to fire the coach, though I get the emotion.

Comment

Several missed opportunities. The first drive, why do a wide out run when it was 4th and a foot? Several potential pass interferences by Baylor that were not called. Lack of execution when it was needed. Pass protection was not there today. We had a chance to win in the final two minutes and just could not get it done. The fans are going back into bad habits by not showing up prior to the kickoff and leaving early.

Comment

"We just freaking give them a touchdown on the kickoff return," Satterfield said. "There's nothing they really did there except for us to give it to them. It should have been a fair catch. It's unacceptable to fumble the football."
                              Satterfield, after the game

He has GOT to stop dragging on his players publicly like this. Why does he keep doing this? Save it for the film room. Good grief.

Comment

Ok This is a very bad football team, but the transfer portal has had a hand in this. When Fickell left we lost some players and recruits but Satterfield brought some players via the portal as well. So we have to give this some more time. My problem is, with the record as it stands now we are staying in the bottom of the conference and potentially have only one chance to win a game, plus this being Jones only year here, why not try to develope one of the other QB's. Satterfield said Jones gives us the best chance to win so if He can't win the remainder of games and is not the QB next be sure he has exhausted his eligiblity, give some reps to someone else. I'm dismayed that the chant's of fire the coach has raised its ugly head so soon, but watching CSS's post game and pregame pressers I can understand the students and fans frustrations. I just don't like his demeanor and probably that's the case with them as well.. I can,'t put my finger on it, maybe someone on this forum can help to identify it but it seems like He and his staff are just content on having a job, like they are looking elsewhere when the season ends.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X