Baylor 10/21 Noon ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor 10/21 Noon ESPN+

Baylor comes to town this weekend fresh off a 39-14 blowout loss to Texas Tech. This will be the very first meeting between BU and UC.

The Bears come in at 2-4 and 1-2 in conference thanks to a last second one point comeback win against UCF earlier in the year. They are led by QB Blake Shapen who slings it around pretty well when he's able to stay off his backside. This is a QB who you have to put pressure on. He's mostly immobile in the pocket and gets sacked a lot. Texas Tech got 6 sacks on the day this past weekend. Dave Aranda's squad does not run the ball well or often. They do use the TE a lot in the red zone.

UC's key to this game is defending the pass in the secondary when Shapen has time to throw. The ESPN predictor gives the Bearcats a 72% chance to win but I'd take that with a grain of salt considering we were a 63% chance to win against Iowa St and got run over.

The line is currently UC -2.5 although they have the over/under at 52 and I'm thinking nope on that one.

The big question is which QB will start for UC. We've discussed this on here and I don't know what you do. EJ probably gives us the best chance to win and this might be the only win left on the schedule but it seems like the the team is not behind Jones at all. The chemistry issues are starting to rub off on the defense a bit in my opinion. I hope the D can rein in the Baylor passing attack enough to give a us a shot if we can score at all. If EJ starts I would not expect him to continue in the game if there's nothing positive happenning in the passing game by halftime.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/239
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Not sure the best place for this but Satterfield says Sammy Anderson is out for the year (medical reasons, not disciplinary...)

Comment

Satterfield presser statement from today . EJ will start. CSS says he believes Emory gives them the best chance to win. Discussions have taken place about getting the young guys (not specifically QBs), more time on the field while preserving redshirt status.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Not sure the best place for this but Satterfield says Sammy Anderson is out for the year (medical reasons, not disciplinary...)
        He's had two concussions already in his career as a redshirt Junior. He wants to be out there and is probably in line for a medical red shirt for this season. Hopefully it's not so serious that he has to give up football.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Per gobearcats.com's ticket page, the Baylor game is sold out. Secondary market is the only option for anyone without tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
            Per gobearcats.com's ticket page, the Baylor game is sold out. Secondary market is the only option for anyone without tickets.
            Or me. I have two.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Or me. I have two.
              Are you the tertiary market (or are the ticket vendors)?

Comment

Are you the tertiary market (or are the ticket vendors)?
                Seems like it's me this season.

My personal schedule vs game schedule dates and times just has not worked in my favor at all this year. I'm kind of disappointed. I wanted to at least make one or two this year and it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I would be up there for Baylor if not for the noon start time.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ISU was sold out, and nippert was pretty full - with the way the game went, and the rain, it thinned out early. hopefully, everyone shows up for BU, and stays for 60 minutes

Comment

What you need to know about the game. Spoiler is that they have the Bearcats losing. Cincinnati vs. Baylor: Preview, Prediction, and Game Odds (heartlandcollegesports.com)
                    BTW, I do not believe that UC can score 31 points.

Comment

Tomorrow may be the most important game of the season...... win and we could win 3 more games. Lose, and we will not win another game the rest of the season.

B.C.
                      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Kerry Combs led special teams and DBs are atrocious again this week. Someone tell me what he brings to this team? He couldn't do a thing with talent at tOSU and was canned there so dont say recruiting. Does no good to get a 4* when you cant develop them. Why do we think he would be worth anything here?

Comment

What an absolute clown show

Comment

Originally posted by Cincatz13 View Post
                            Kerry Combs led special teams and DBs are atrocious again this week. Someone tell me what he brings to this team? He couldn't do a thing with talent at tOSU and was canned there so dont say recruiting. Does no good to get a 4* when you cant develop them. Why do we think he would be worth anything here?
                            He theoretically is a recruiting pipeline into the Ohio region which is sorely needed right now. Seeing as how we're not recruiting locals at this point, I don't know why you keep him on staff. He's probably got enough built up in the state retirement system to call it a day anyway.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Well they're going to fight this week. Could have folded at 20-7
                              Last edited by Lobot; 10-21-2023, 05:39 PM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X