Oklahoma St. 10/28 8:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
    I am sorry but, win or lose, this team is just not fun to watch. Is that coaching or personnel?
    It’s embarrassing.

Comment

Outscored 35-6 in the second half. A thorough a$$-kicking.
      Last edited by London 'Cat; 10-28-2023, 11:30 PM.

Comment

So when does basketball start?????

Comment

Coaching is terrible too, we thought the players were bad.

Comment

pitiful - when it was close I thought the Cats couldn't do the little things to win. Then they could do nothing. Hopefully some NIL money will get a QB, receivers who can catch (except for Henderson) and some o-linemen.

Comment

A lot of places to point blame. It starts with Emory, but it doesn't end there. Our OL does a reasonable job run blocking but the pass protection continues to be poor, whether that is talent or coaching is hard to tell. The fact is they can move people on run blocks, so maybe it's more scheme/technique than just lack of talent. And while offense has been really bad, the worst position group on the team is on the other side of the ball, the worst defensive backfield play I can remember in a long long time. I simply can't remember when so many receivers were so wide open for big plays, there has been zero improvement all year, the same mistakes continue to be made over and over. The defensive front 7 is the only group on the team that is already at Big 12 level.

A few more observations:
              1. Why do we have to be in the pistol formation on 3rd or 4th and 1?I personally hate the pistol formation, and wish I never had to see it again, but on 3rd and 1 it is simply inexcusable to line up like that.
              2. Every time this team tries to run tempo, and line up in a hurry, it blows up in their face. Please, with this group take the time to get assignments straight, and don't try to fool or catch anybody, because it doesn't work.
              3. Special teams are really really bad, we give up 50 or more hidden yards every game.
              4. Is it just me, or does this team give up when faced with adversity?
              5. I hope basketball is better, but that's up to the NCAA, and we're not North Carolina.

Comment

Did anyone see Kiner or Montgomery get injured? I didn’t and I watched through 14 of the 21 point 3rd quarter collapse. Im
                wondering if players aren’t giving up. This is more than just not winning, there’s zero chance of winning a game at the start unless Satterville makes some changes in his QB and his play calling. Now that the redshirt game count is in play, I’d hope we see some key changes. Maybe Drogosh shares reps with Lichtenberg, no need to annoint anyone, just rotate players through several series and see what happens. I suspect we see de-commits and transfers this off season as this team shouldn’t be performing this poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                  Did anyone see Kiner or Montgomery get injured? I didn’t and I watched through 14 of the 21 point 3rd quarter collapse. Im
                  wondering if players aren’t giving up. This is more than just not winning, there’s zero chance of winning a game at the start unless Satterville makes some changes in his QB and his play calling. Now that the redshirt game count is in play, I’d hope we see some key changes. Maybe Drogosh shares reps with Lichtenberg, no need to annoint anyone, just rotate players through several series and see what happens. I suspect we see de-commits and transfers this off season as this team shouldn’t be performing this poorly.
                  Montgomery got hurt on the last play of the first half on a pointless run with 5 seconds to go when we were about 50 yards from the end zone. I am not sure about Kiner.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post

Montgomery got hurt on the last play of the first half on a pointless run with 5 seconds to go when we were about 50 yards from the end zone. I am not sure about Kiner.
                    That really got me. Most teams just heave one into the end zone to see if they can get lucky. I really couldn’t believe they didn’t try.

Comment

I'm not sure what the state of the RB room is after that one. Ryan Mongomery and Ethan Wright were already hurt coming in. The press conference is happening right now and I'm not sure if they've addressed it yet. I did not see Kiner get hurt and didn't know he was until postgame articles came out.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X