No announcement yet.

Least Talented QB in 50 years!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also went down memory lane concerning our past QBs; what strikes the most is 50-40-30 years ago were completely different eras and can't be compared. Back then we had fullbacks, pocket passing, and other phases of the game that have completely changed. And we had more 1,000 rushers than one would think (in seasons of 11 games at most).

Emory Jones might be better than some, is worse than some, but mostly his comparison suffers from the severe drop-off in what we've come to expect from our team, a change of conferences and coaches at the same time, and one of the funkiest throwing motions I've ever seen from a QB. His history should have been a harbinger of what is happening now, and we shouldn't have been so surprised by his performance.

It's coach-speak to say EJ "gives us the best chance to win." I remember a RS-Freshman from not so long ago that performed pretty well; Brady L should play most of the rest of the season, and Brady D., along with other Frosh should have their eligibility managed while getting some valuable playing time now, also.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
      I also went down memory lane concerning our past QBs; what strikes the most is 50-40-30 years ago were completely different eras and can't be compared. Back then we had fullbacks, pocket passing, and other phases of the game that have completely changed. And we had more 1,000 rushers than one would think (in seasons of 11 games at most).

Emory Jones might be better than some, is worse than some, but mostly his comparison suffers from the severe drop-off in what we've come to expect from our team, a change of conferences and coaches at the same time, and one of the funkiest throwing motions I've ever seen from a QB. His history should have been a harbinger of what is happening now, and we shouldn't have been so surprised by his performance.

It's coach-speak to say EJ "gives us the best chance to win." I remember a RS-Freshman from not so long ago that performed pretty well; Brady L should play most of the rest of the season, and Brady D., along with other Frosh should have their eligibility managed while getting some valuable playing time now, also.
      If you go back actually check out the stats. Yes, they didn't pass as much ( I do remember Greg Cook though) but when Bailey passed he was 33 of 77 for a 42 % rate.6.8 pas /a and 1.4 adjusted. 4 tds with 11 picks or exactly one pick for every 7 passes. He had an 88.6 rating. That same year Tony Kapetanis was 26 of 70 for a 37.1 completion rating. 5.6 y/a and the adjusted of 0.7. 3 TDs and 9 ints. and a rating of72.6. Overall the team was 64 for 162. That regardless of era is wretched. To Bailey's credit, he did rush for7 tds.

Comment

Another weak QB, in the late 80's was Glen Farkas.... Let me revise my earlier statement, EJ is in the top 3 for weakest QB in the last 50 years. Decent runner, but very weak passer.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

The Emory Jones era has passed.

Comment

Originally posted by rickscott View Post
            The Emory Jones era has passed.
            The Cats should have passed to begin with. I do understand that Satt wanted some wins to start his tenure and the big 12, but we are getting our a$$ handed to us. It is time for the future to begin now. Most will understand and give Satt another year, but this can't go on.

Comment

Based on the presser yesterday, Lichtenberg will get reps at some point in the game.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Based on the presser yesterday, Lichtenberg will get reps at some point in the game.
                Maybe a change will motivate the team. You are not assured of your position regardless of who you are.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X