Central Florida 11/4 3:30 FS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Florida 11/4 3:30 FS1

First game on FS1 so go find your channel guide if you're not streaming it.

UCF comes in 0-5 in conference and 3-5 overall in the midst of a 5 game losing streak. The conference change has not been good for either school from a winning standpoint. We are a 4.5 point underdog in this game and ESPN predictor went 58% UCF. If we're going to win another game this season, the team needs to get hyped to play these guys at home because otherwise it could get ugly.

I say this from the standpoint that they can actually score points and we can't. UC is dead last in conference in points scored and we've been outscored inside the conference almost 2:1. UCF does not have much of a defense so maybe we can get points on the board for this one but I doubt it. Our offense has been non existent in the redzone for most of the season and we can't hit a long ball. I'd say run it like crazy but unless somebody got healthy after OSU, we're down to 5th string there. Not many options left on the offensive side of the ball for the Bearcats.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tats/_/id/2116

Last edited by Lobot; 10-31-2023, 05:57 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

i saw this morning that UC is running a "special" for tickets to this game - I'm kinda worried what the crowd will look like, or act like, if this game follows the rest of the year, and turns into a shitshow. a lot of the naitves are getting restless.

Comment

FS1 is Channel 219 on DirecTV.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
        i saw this morning that UC is running a "special" for tickets to this game - I'm kinda worried what the crowd will look like, or act like, if this game follows the rest of the year, and turns into a shitshow. a lot of the naitves are getting restless.
        I've told you all, something most of you already knew, that once UC FB starts losing, the fans will "jump ship like rats from a sinking ship". I honestly remember games in the 70's, where there were 7500 fans there. Bobby Bowden, in 1980, brought in #5 FSU, and 12K showed up, and he vowed he would never play at Cincinnati again. UC was 1-9, and lost that game on the last play, I kid you not.

We have the most "Fickel" (pardon the pun) fans in the country.

UCF and Houston are possible wins. If we go 2-10, other than a few decent portal transfers in, we will be worse next year than this year..... nobody will want to come here. 2-10 means massive portal out-transfers after the season is over. We need a young, dynamic coach who can recruit locally..... Gino?

B.C.
        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
          The special you're referring to is the Sack Pack and is in conjuction with Antwaan Peek going into the Hall of Fame. 2 games for $56 dollars. Not sure where the seats are off the top of my head.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Cunningham will have his hands full with unhappy donors - with both of our PF’s denied, bball won’t look too much different than football. To date, Wes hasn’t proven to be a great x’s & o’s coach either. I think our troubles are at the AD level here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
              Cunningham will have his hands full with unhappy donors - with both of our PF’s denied, bball won’t look too much different than football. To date, Wes hasn’t proven to be a great x’s & o’s coach either. I think our troubles are at the AD level here.
              No problem with me.

Comment

I am not sure if you will be able to open this but it is about Gunner and his destruction of UCF. Facebook Just try to open in new tab.

Comment

I think CWM needs a few years, his recruiting has been great and I think he is a better coach than you think. It has a lot to do with having the type of players that fit into your style of play. Not sure about CSS but I think he deserves a year or 2. It is hard watch this FB team because we have been treated to seeing good teams with success. Go Bearcats

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post

I think CWM needs a few years, his recruiting has been great and I think he is a better coach than you think. It has a lot to do with having the type of players that fit into your style of play. Not sure about CSS but I think he deserves a year or 2. It is hard watch this FB team because we have been treated to seeing good teams with success. Go Bearcats
                    Same here. I’ve been really impressed with Coach Miller, you have to have the guys, and he’s bringing them in.

Comment

I don't think the A.D. is the problem as far as his running the program etc.etc. You can't hit the mark every time on your hires. CWM these first few years has merely played the hand given him and what could be taken from the portal. He's already proven to be an excellent recruiter so he definitely deserves to be allowed to play the hand he has recruited. As far as CSS I think we're seeing the immediate future unfortunately and it' looks exactly like the history he had @ louisville. Just how long we will have to endure is anyone's guess.

Comment

Heads up. This game is military appreciation night and we’re wearing this helmet to honor the USS Cincinnati. The logo is “large”.

https://x.com/sspringersports/status...759085490?s=46
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          I don't think the A.D. is the problem as far as his running the program etc.etc. You can't hit the mark every time on your hires. CWM these first few years has merely played the hand given him and what could be taken from the portal. He's already proven to be an excellent recruiter so he definitely deserves to be allowed to play the hand he has recruited. As far as CSS I think we're seeing the immediate future unfortunately and it' looks exactly like the history he had @ louisville. Just how long we will have to endure is anyone's guess.
                          This is non sensical. CWM “played the hand given him” and you give him a few years. But you don’t give that same premise to Satt?

Comment

The donors that really count are how Satterfield got here in the first place to a great extent. To my knowledge those donors are still on board with him.

I hate that we're 2-6 but you can't pull the plug on a coach after one year unless something really aggregious happens. It's just not economically feasible in the currently coaching salary atmosphere unless those same donors want to to pay his buyout.

Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

First, because of CSS's past. He has only a mediocre record while in the ACC. Secondly the demeanor seen in the players during games and his reactions to these players. Thirdly yea it's only been one year and CSS has not been able to recruit like he would want but let's see how many players stick around after this season is over. And fourthly it would be nice if CSS's attitude was conducive to actually wanting to be here at UC. I don't see that like I do with CWM. Miller has embrace this opportunity, selling the UC tradition, brand, and the conference. And he had a record of winning, ( winningest coach under forty ) and developing players even if it was in so called "inferior" conference. You have to see some, even if marginal progress to be given the benefit of doubt. Has EJ or anyone else shown any progress or intensity as the season progresses? I hope CSS does turn it around but I don't think HE can do it in five years.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X