No announcement yet.

Central Florida 11/4 3:30 FS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels like this one is trending the wrong way…

Comment

UC should just hand the ball off every play

Comment

Jones does not give UC the best chance to win. In fact, he doesn't give them any chance.

Comment

Satterville doesn’t give UC the best chance to win. Clownish play calling, putting Emory back in…..if Brady L was injured, Brady D goes in, not putting Emory back in. Defensive lapses regular & inexcusable.

Comment

was there a reason that after his TD Kiner when out for the 2 point conversion. There had to be a reason based on info I don't have.

Comment

Why would you pass for the 2-point conversion. With the game on the line, the last person that you want having the ball is Jones.

Comment

Yet another game where the offense outgains the opponent but UC manages to lose the game due to turnovers, poorly timed penalties, inefficient defense and red-zone ineptness. There is a mental aspect to the poor play and a fair amount of coaching reflection that needs to occur before the team can right it’s course.

Comment

0fer conference and CSS is just now recognizing that they are undisciplined? Next he will have an epiphany that he and his coaches don't have the ability to put players in positions to win.

"Why would you pass for the 2-point conversion. With the game on the line, the last person that you want having the ball is Jones".

That is just a simple case of CSS trying to outsmart the UCF staff but he has nothing to work with. We were actually running the ball all over these guys and so CSS decides to throw the ball using a player that has no throwing ability and then throw it in the middle of the field. It was thought that UFC would look for Kiner or Montgomery to get the ball. Jones came awful close to getting his usual and typical second interception of the game. That's going to mess up his average.

Comment

Remember the whole sports conversation about "the clutch gene" ? EJ doesn't have it. He doesn't doesn't seem to play with a lot of confidence and seems like he'd rather be anywhere except UC when he's out there.

That interception he threw in the end zone was a bad read by Henderson. EJ threw it outside before Henderson went into his break and Henderson broke inside and it went right to the DB. Yet another expample of QB and WRs not being on the same page.

Did the 4th and 1 throwaway come up during the post game presser? I haven't watched it yet. What a weird play call. We were lucky he didn't get a grounding call for heaving it out of bounds 30 yards downfield with no receiver.

I know this is probably obvious but something is really not right with this team. I'm not sure if there's a culture clash in the locker room with the old guys from FIckell's group or the new guys never digested the playbook or something. It's just completely dysfunctional especially at this stage of the season. I really hope John Cunningham knows what it is and helps get it fixed for next season otherwise we may be worse next year.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's that statistical anomaly again.

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 7.56.36 AM.png

Box score:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401525881
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Remember the whole sports conversation about "the clutch gene" ? EJ doesn't have it. He doesn't doesn't seem to play with a lot of confidence and seems like he'd rather be anywhere except UC when he's out there.

That interception he threw in the end zone was a bad read by Henderson. EJ threw it outside before Henderson went into his break and Henderson broke inside and it went right to the DB. Yet another expample of QB and WRs not being on the same page.

Did the 4th and 1 throwaway come up during the post game presser? I haven't watched it yet. What a weird play call. We were lucky he didn't get a grounding call for heaving it out of bounds 30 yards downfield with no receiver.

I know this is probably obvious but something is really not right with this team. I'm not sure if there's a culture clash in the locker room with the old guys from FIckell's group or the new guys never digested the playbook or something. It's just completely dysfunctional especially at this stage of the season. I really hope John Cunningham knows what it is and helps get it fixed for next season otherwise we may be worse next year.
                        Found what happened on the 4th and 1 play. The TE tripped running his route and the play blew up. No one was home when Emory turned after play action and he had nowhere to go with the ball. That explains a lot. Still a weird play call but if the TE doesn't trip it's a first down.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Found what happened on the 4th and 1 play. The TE tripped running his route and the play blew up. No one was home when Emory turned after play action and he had nowhere to go with the ball. That explains a lot. Still a weird play call but if the TE doesn't trip it's a first down.
                          That had to be the "ugliest" 2 point conversion mess up I have ever seen. Did EJ expect the receiver to catch a 80 mph "fastball", when the receiver was only 20 feet away? Horrible, but not surprised.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Here is a sad commentary from a weekly winners/losers article LOSER

Cincinnati Bearcats: One team was guaranteed to get its first Big 12 conference win when UCF and Cincinnati met. The transition to the Power Five conference has been rough for both, but it got even worse for the Bearcats following their 28-26 loss.

They outgained the Knights 515-393, but turnovers, penalties and a 33% conversion rate on third downs ultimately led to them dropping to 0-6 in conference play.

At 2-7 overall, Cincinnati will miss a bowl game for the first time since 2017 in head coach Scott Satterfield's first season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

That had to be the "ugliest" 2 point conversion mess up I have ever seen. Did EJ expect the receiver to catch a 80 mph "fastball", when the receiver was only 20 feet away? Horrible, but not surprised.

B.C.
                              Different play Chris, but yeah, The 2 Pt conversion should have been a run for sure. They even took out Kiner for that play. You at least hand it to Ryan M and let him bounce it if the middle isn't there.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X