No announcement yet.

Houston 11/11 7:00 FS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last play as recapped by Gamecast: "Donovan Smith pass intercepted Deshawn Pace fumbled, recovered by HOU Joseph Manjack IV [NHSG] SMITH, Donovan pass short to the right intercepted by PACE, Deshawn at the HOU35 intended for MANJACK IV, Joseph. Pace return for 25 yards to the HOU10, PACE, Deshawn fumbled at HOU10 forced by CARNES, Dalton, recovered by HOU MANJACK IV, Joseph at the HOU10, returned 0 yards, End of Play."

...I think I need to see replay!?

Comment

Why didn't CSS take the 3 points at the end, and put us up two scores?

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Once again, they left way too many points off the board. A dropped TD pass, a fumble by the D after a an interception at the 10, a passed-up field goal to go for 4th and 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
          Why didn't CSS take the 3 points at the end, and put us up two scores?

B.C.
          This amazes me. Houston gets the ball out of halftime. Who's in charge of intelligence on this staff?
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So to begin the 4th quarter, they go on 4th and 1 just inside of Houston territory. Just total confusion to lose 2 yards. Nobody on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              You can count on Holgo to "Gack" one every year. Let's hope this is it.
              This is it
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Big 12 victory

Comment

Team looked good on both sides of the ball. Overcame some bonehead calls by the coaching staff. Great win.
                  ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

One UC penalty that wasn't taken on purpose (delay at end). They earned some takeaways. Pass D was the best of the season. Did anyone notice how few times Kalen Carrol's name was mentioned? Teams aren't even throwing his way.

Now, it's time to build off of this. The Mountaineers are beatable. The game next week is in Morgantown, but their D is suspect at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

Thanks for the positivity. I wish I could share but based on the rest of the games, this will be another "L". UC just has not shown the ability to consistently move the ball and stop anyone from the same.
                      That is why they play the game. I had zero confidence in a win but they finally played a decent game in all phases. Two more wins will put us at 5 and there have been some years where a 5-win team makes a bowl. Just not this year.

Kiner Powers Cincinnati Past Houston for first Big 12 Win - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
                      Last edited by bearcatbret; 11-12-2023, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Good game, but once again we left points off the scoreboard. When it is 4th and short, and we are in easy FG range, UC should always take the 3 points, as we never get the 1st down.

Very surprised at the poor crowd in Houston, considering it was Homecoming.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

That is why they play the game. I had zero confidence in a win but they finally played a decent game in all phases. Two more wins will put us at 5 and there have been some years where a 5-win team makes a bowl. Just not this year.

Kiner Powers Cincinnati Past Houston for first Big 12 Win - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
                          Agreed and time to enjoy a win. This team does have talent and could easily be 7-3 instead of 3-7. I maintain the shortcoming is in the coaching staff. Relatively easy fix is to replace the offensive coordinator (assuming that is where the stupid offensive calls are coming from) and/or quarterback coach and Kerry Combs. This might allow us to perform at closer to our capabilities and allow CSS another year or two to upgrade the talent and let the younger players develop while still being competitive in the B12.

Comment

Glad that the players finally got a Big 12 win.

Comment

Three thoughts about the game. Cincinnati 24 Houston 14 (Nov 11 2023) (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
                                The last play as recapped by Gamecast: "Donovan Smith pass intercepted Deshawn Pace fumbled, recovered by HOU Joseph Manjack IV [NHSG] SMITH, Donovan pass short to the right intercepted by PACE, Deshawn at the HOU35 intended for MANJACK IV, Joseph. Pace return for 25 yards to the HOU10, PACE, Deshawn fumbled at HOU10 forced by CARNES, Dalton, recovered by HOU MANJACK IV, Joseph at the HOU10, returned 0 yards, End of Play."

...I think I need to see replay!?
                                Yes. I was baffled how Houston got a first down out of that play. I thought it should be 3rd and 35 for Houston. Can anyone explain how Houston got a fresh set of downs even though they lost 25 yards on the play?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X