Off-season priorities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off-season priorities

What are your top job priorities heading into the off-season?

Job 1. Recruit, current players, high school, and the portal. The players that come back or come in have to be on the same page as the coach

Job 2. Replace DB coach

Job 3. Raise NIL funds

Job 4. Hit the monster factory hard. With great strength, speed, agility, and conditioning the underclassmen improve dramatically.

Job 5 fire Cunningham. If the rumors are true a booster selected Satterfield over Cunningham's objections, then JC isn't fit to be AD.

Job 6 have fun. Don't underestimate the power of kids working harder as a team when they genuinely like each other. Cincinnati versus the world bands tye team together with Cattitude
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

First I’ve heard about #5. Is there really something there?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      First I’ve heard about #5. Is there really something there?
      I think there is but I don't think you fire Cunningham over it. Powerful boosters exist at every school. Part of John's job is to keep them happy.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

#2 D'Angelo Smith is right out there in Athens if he wants to move west.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
          What are your top job priorities heading into the off-season?

Job 1. Recruit, current players, high school, and the portal. The players that come back or come in have to be on the same page as the coach

Job 2. Replace DB coach

Job 3. Raise NIL funds

Job 4. Hit the monster factory hard. With great strength, speed, agility, and conditioning the underclassmen improve dramatically.

Job 5 fire Cunningham. If the rumors are true a booster selected Satterfield over Cunningham's objections, then JC isn't fit to be AD.

Job 6 have fun. Don't underestimate the power of kids working harder as a team when they genuinely like each other. Cincinnati versus the world bands tye team together with Cattitude
          # 5 maybe we should eat Graeter's and invest with a non-local firm.
          Last edited by leo from jersey; 11-26-2023, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I think there is but I don't think you fire Cunningham over it. Powerful boosters exist at every school. Part of John's job is to keep them happy.
            Is he happy for the losses or the power and control is the question.

Comment

The question should be are the wealthy donors happy or are they feeling buyer's remorse? Better yet, what are they going to do to make this right?

Comment

I would think JC has the wherewithal to go the the booster(s) and tell them it's time to rethink their choice of hire and go for a real coach. I think there's enough proof of dysfunction, lack of team control, and lack of organizational progress that CSS is overwhelmed at the big twelve level.

Comment

There’s not going to be any change at HC for at least 1 more year, more likely 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    #2 D'Angelo Smith is right out there in Athens if he wants to move west.
                    That wouod be fantastic
                    Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 11-27-2023, 05:57 AM.

Comment

All coaching roles and player/positions might be a priority in all honesty. I suspect Corleone will exit, is there any position we don’t need other than RB?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                        All coaching roles and player/positions might be a priority in all honesty. I suspect Corleone will exit, is there any position we don’t need other than RB?
                        Kiner would be the only returning RB who saw significant playung time, so we even need that position to be recruited. Assuming Kiner stays

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                          There’s not going to be any change at HC for at least 1 more year, more likely 2.
                          this. this is the reality. we have to hope like **** that CSS can pull this back together. the alternative is that we turn into a bottom feeder

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

this. this is the reality. we have to hope like **** that CSS can pull this back together. the alternative is that we turn into a bottom feeder
                            Given the NIL position, if Satterfield cannot do it, he will not get a long leash. We will be at or near the bottom next year too, but not a perrenial bottom feeder.
                            Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 11-27-2023, 01:31 PM.

Comment

OK, the UC Athletic Department received lots of new money this year thanks to joining the Big 12, but who is really happy, except UC accountants? I for one enjoyed late November, for most of the last 10-15 years, thinking of the upcoming bowl game, and all the positive local press coverage UC FB was getting. Now we are turning into a sport pariah, just like the 1980's. How quickly our fortunes have changed. Not happy.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X