Why Even Have Bowl Games?....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    If I recall, UC had the longest drought of non-bowl years in college. That was until a Huggins era team was negotiated to play in a basketball game in order for the football team to be invited to that bowl game. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.
    UC was on the list of one of the longest droughts, but I think Rutgers had the honor of the very longest drought. We went from 1951 to 1997 w/o a bowl game. Of course back then, there were maybe 15 bowl games, versus the 38 we have now.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

One of the reasons we have bowl games - Ben Bryant led Northwestern to victory over Utah last night in the Las Vegas Bowl. He threw one of the prettiest passes one will see to score the go-ahead touchdown.

https://apnews.com/article/las-vegas...26c1c8fe966627

Comment

TV likes the advertising money and the public likes the games. Many are like me, I root for the name on the uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
          One of the reasons we have bowl games - Ben Bryant led Northwestern to victory over Utah last night in the Las Vegas Bowl. He threw one of the prettiest passes one will see to score the go-ahead touchdown.

The announcers said Ben might make it to the NFL. Is this the same Ben Bryant, who could not run, who played here? Still, I watched the game, and I must admit he looked pretty good, and we would have been better served if he had been our starting QB this year.

B.C.

Comment

But, but, but, Emory Jones gave us the best chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

The announcers said Ben might make it to the NFL. Is this the same Ben Bryant, who could not run, who played here? Still, I watched the game, and I must admit he looked pretty good, and we would have been better served if he had been our starting QB this year.

B.C.
              I did not hear this or watch that game but apparently, McDonough and McElroy stated that the staff ran Ben Bryant off.

If they wanted someone who was a better fit for the offense they run, I get it but unless there was a personality clash or they just wanted to clean house, why do that?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

7th season on the football team.... wth THE TAKEAWAY

Utah: The Utes will hope to rebound from a disappointing season with quarterback Cam Rising, who missed the whole season with a knee injury, returning for 2024. It will be his seventh season of college football.

Northwestern: Coach David Braun inherited a team that went 1-11 in 2022 and improved to 8-5 with a bowl victory in his first year as Wildcats’ coach.

Comment

Looking back at last spring, Ben was here as the incumbent
                  I believe Satt made Emory the starter and Ben said see ya!
                  great decision on his part, he’s getting a degree from Northwestern, played in a bowl game. He may not be NFL ready, but you have to say he was way better than Emory Jones. Scary how they evaluate talented

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
                    Looking back at last spring, Ben was here as the incumbent
                    I believe Satt made Emory the starter and Ben said see ya!
                    great decision on his part, he’s getting a degree from Northwestern, played in a bowl game. He may not be NFL ready, but you have to say he was way better than Emory Jones. Scary how they evaluate talented
                    All pointing back to failures in the coaching staff. We had more than 3-9 talent on this team.

Comment

CSS was "star-struck" having a former Florida starter in his inventory of QB's. We quickly found out "that the Emperor had no clothes"!

B.C.

Comment

Starstruck yea probably but I never seen where CSS's offense was so intricate that we needed an PHD QB to run it. He "reached" because he felt inadequate with a QB with no power 5 experience.

Comment

Should have changed QB after Homecoming game
                          vs Iowa St. The way he handled the QB’s this year makes me
                          suspicious of his skills in the recruiting of other QB’s. Sorsby, the dual threat 4* QB from Penn, Drogosh…..all 1st or 2nd year, along with Lichtenberg (not impressive). I worry there’s not really a competition and that Sorsby ( like Emory) has been inferred as it’s his job to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                            Should have changed QB after Homecoming game
                            vs Iowa St. The way he handled the QB’s this year makes me
                            suspicious of his skills in the recruiting of other QB’s. Sorsby, the dual threat 4* QB from Penn, Drogosh…..all 1st or 2nd year, along with Lichtenberg (not impressive). I worry there’s not really a competition and that Sorsby ( like Emory) has been inferred as it’s his job to lose.
                            From what I saw in practice, Drogosh is the guy.

Comment

In a 3-9 season, seems like he could have been given 5-10 series just to see what he can do. I suspect he hits the portal during window #2

Comment

At some point, you gotta think the fans will stop watching lower tier bowls with the amount of dropouts. The CFP may have thought of this too when they decided to expand, but some bowls are getting a pittance of their former tv ratings.
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X