Bowl Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
    Penix also had some injury issues at IU.
    I think this is the first time he's been healthy for a full season since he got to college.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And then there is this. A good possibility of having both cry baby Harbaugh brothers as football champion head coaches. There won't be enough head room for both to occupy the same time zone simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
        And then there is this. A good possibility of having both cry baby Harbaugh brothers as football champion head coaches. There won't be enough head room for both to occupy the same time zone simultaneously.
        John used to coach for UC way back . I'll give him a pass.

Jim gets no quarter. He's a cheater.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Does anyone other than me believe that Georgia is a better team than Washington? I think that the selection committee just wanted to put a stop on a dynasty.

Comment

don't pretend to know much about UW, but, yeah, its kinda hard to think that Georgia wasn't one of the four best teams out there

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
              don't pretend to know much about UW, but, yeah, its kinda hard to think that Georgia wasn't one of the four best teams out there
              I am not sure if UM could get past Georgia. However, they were able to blow out Washington.

Comment

This probably belongs in a 2024 thread but here you go:

The promoters behind "Mr. Irrelevant" have announced the Irrelevant Bowl — a bowl game for the worst 2 teams in college football. The event is looking for a host city and would've featured Akron-Vanderbilt this season. "No polls, no rankings, no controversy."

Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  This probably belongs in a 2024 thread but here you go:

The promoters behind "Mr. Irrelevant" have announced the Irrelevant Bowl — a bowl game for the worst 2 teams in college football. The event is looking for a host city and would've featured Akron-Vanderbilt this season. "No polls, no rankings, no controversy."
                  This can't be true, but if it is I doubt the universities will line up for this unless the bowl gifts are extravagant.

On a related note, the "Mr. Irrelevant" moniker should probably be retired. There was a true Mr. I back in the day of 20, 17 and 12 rounds, but now that the NFL has cut the draft to 7 rounds, Mr. I draftees making a NFL roster has become much more common.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

This can't be true, but if it is I doubt the universities will line up for this unless the bowl gifts are extravagant.

On a related note, the "Mr. Irrelevant" moniker should probably be retired. There was a true Mr. I back in the day of 20, 17 and 12 rounds, but now that the NFL has cut the draft to 7 rounds, Mr. I draftees making a NFL roster has become much more common.
                    You've got a pretty good point there.

2009 was K Ryan Succop who has/had himself a nice career in the NFL for a few years and won a Super Bowl for Tampa Bay.

2022 was Brock Purdy who was the starter at QB for the 49ers this season.

The whole list is here:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...inal-pick-1976
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      Does anyone other than me believe that Georgia is a better team than Washington? I think that the selection committee just wanted to put a stop on a dynasty.
                      I don't know. It would've been tough to put Georgia in after losing to Bama, and you have to put Texas in if Bama gets in. No way you can add Georgia and leave out Texas or Bama.

Greater what if scenario: What if Georgia beats Bama in SEC CCG, does Texas still get in over FSU? Probably not, but it would've been four unbeatens at that point.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X