Defensive Coordinator opening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I want him as HC and not DC. UC is a great school for a start - look at the history after Minter's dad was here. It is a good stepping stone, but I would love for it to be a permanent stop.
    I do too, but he will already have a HC job before UC can get rid of Satterfield. I cannot say I am 100% sold on Satt, but I hope he proves us wrong because we aren't getting rid of him before year 3. I simply think Jesse will have HC job within those two years.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

it seems a little eerie - radio silence from clifton. i know the AD has kept things close to the vest in the past, but, unfortunately, I wonder if they got caught off guard.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
        it seems a little eerie - radio silence from clifton. i know the AD has kept things close to the vest in the past, but, unfortunately, I wonder if they got caught off guard.
        Timing was weird so I think they did.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

247 's Matt Zenitz is reporting we will be hiring Tyson Veidt away from Iowa St. as our new DC. ISU led the country in scoring defense 3 of the last 4 years with Veidt at the LB coach position.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            247 's Matt Zenitz is reporting we will be hiring Tyson Veidt away from Iowa St. as our new DC. ISU led the country in scoring defense 3 of the last 4 years with Veidt at the LB coach position.
            BCJ brief writeup re: same https://247sports.com/college/cincin...-dc-225967659/

Comment

And Scott Springer on the reported hire of Tyson V https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...c/72322334007/

Comment

Official annoucement has been made.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/1/2...ordinator.aspx
                  "We are excited to welcome Tyson Veidt and his family to Cincinnati," Satterfield said. "Having coached at Iowa State for eight years, Tyson knows the Big 12 and helped build ISU into one of the country's top defenses. He's coached outstanding linebackers during his career, and proven to be a tremendous developer of talent. He brings head coaching experience and ties to Ohio, which I believe will serve our program well as we look to take great strides in our second year in the Big 12 this coming fall."

Comment

Sounds like a solid hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                      Sounds like a solid hire.
                      Iowa St fans were not happy about this one.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hopefully this lasts longer than that time UC/Satt hired Tom Manning from Iowa State for the OC spot...

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Iowa St fans were not happy about this one.
                          to me, when the team he leaves is pissed, that's a great endorsement for the guy. the reverse of when tubbs left here.

Comment

Or exactly as Louisville felt when CSS left there. Hmmm

Comment

Ok, someone calm me down. The DC hire is good. He runs a 3-3-5 defense .

Did we just not lose a ton of good players to the portal in 2023 because they weren’t a good fit for Bryan Brown’s scheme?

We’re back to the 2021scheme from Freeman and I’m just frustrated at this.

Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think that this could be a great hire. I always wonder when someone leaves one mediocre team to another mediocre team in the same conference. As stated in the press release, the guy knows the Big 12 which should help us a lot.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X