Spring Game '24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Let's be honest. We aren't really competing with Ohio State. They are a national contender EVERY year. They have NIL money out their wazoo. Almost every recruit is 5* or 4*.
    They are the only game in town. No professional sports franchises (in season) to compete for the entertainment dollars. No other universities to share the fan bases with, like UC or XU in Cincinnati. It has one of the largest alumni bases in the country. Plus, the history of the program vs. a program like UC. Everyone wants to associate with a winning program. Heck, they brainwash the kids from grade school on to be fans of the university.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

They are the only game in town. No professional sports franchises (in season) to compete for the entertainment dollars. No other universities to share the fan bases with, like UC or XU in Cincinnati. It has one of the largest alumni bases in the country. Plus, the history of the program vs. a program like UC. Everyone wants to associate with a winning program. Heck, they brainwash the kids from grade school on to be fans of the university.
      Exactly right. Plus, the national interest they get. It isn't just Columbus. I just hope we compete in the Big 12 year in and year out..
      Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 04-14-2024, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Exactly right. Plus, the national interest they get. It isn't just Columbus. I just hope we compete in the Big 12 year in and year out..
        well the Cats had momentum with going to the playoffs. It is hard to keep it up, but I think UC needs more clout in their home state. Columbus has professional hockey where Cincy doesn't so there is more than one game. I will give you that the Reds are a much better attraction than the Clippers (6,500 per game). Regardless, instead of making excuses for a lackluster promotion and coverage of the game, some positive action needs to be done. Remember recruits come and watch. Remember the state of Cincinnati and a free game might perk interest in future players and fans. Instead, many have resigned themselves to well tOSU is just better at it. Time t brainwash the fans here. Surely, since they have radio contracts, that a bit more coverage can be negotiated. Isn't a former star QB host of a major local show on the radio daily. I don't want to see the program lose the excitement it has just a few years ago and sadly, it seems as such. That is my rant as I had to see UC second to anybody.

Comment

HCS Roundtable: Do Spring Games Matter Anymore? (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X