https://247sports.com/college/cincin...lry-234187282/

What an unceremonius ending. Yikes.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      What an unceremonius ending. Yikes.
      Don’t care how, glad it’s ending. I agree with Brendel, playing Miami is a no-win situation for UC.
      Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

Miami staff, including Chuck Martin, were bellyaching a while back about not being paid sufficiently to play down here. They opted out of the NIppert games, so UC responded by opting out of playing at Yager.

Per Keegan Knickoson, UC will try to fill the 2025 game with another, comparable G5 team.

Comment

...traditions and history disappearing everywhere, just not in college football...to say it's a no win situation for UC then what about playing O$U and their 20M + NIL outlay - would that be a 'win'
          Last edited by JohnFrancis; 07-26-2024, 03:57 PM. Reason: correction 20 million

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
            ...traditions and history disappearing everywhere, just not in college football...to say it's a no win situation for UC then what about playing O$U and their 20M + NIL outlay - would that be a 'win'
            The Buckeyes will play UC only on their terms and at their place (2002 notwithstanding; they almost lost at PBS and won't make that mistake again). Even then, it won't happen very often.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
              Miami staff, including Chuck Martin, were bellyaching a while back about not being paid sufficiently to play down here. They opted out of the NIppert games, so UC responded by opting out of playing at Yager.

Per Keegan Knickoson, UC will try to fill the 2025 game with another, comparable G5 team.

We should schedule Ohio U just to piss them off more.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Don’t care how, glad it’s ending. I agree with Brendel, playing Miami is a no-win situation for UC.
                Obviousy, you are not a fan of tradition. But, a lot of the same people criticize Ohio State for exactly the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Obviousy, you are not a fan of tradition. But, a lot of the same people criticize Ohio State for exactly the same thing.
                  Not this tradition. There was a time when the game meant something, but no longer. It no longer makes sense.
                  Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

Springer Article: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...m/74562513007/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Not this tradition. There was a time when the game meant something, but no longer. It no longer makes sense.
                      Most of the time I feel the same way about this game. Regardless of last years outcome, this has been extremely one sided since Roethlisberger was at Miami. (Still can't believe they named a facility for him). It's been competitive from time to time but unless UC is in a down year recently, it's not been close.

Here's your tale of the tape: https://www.winsipedia.com/cincinnati/vs/miami-oh
                      Last edited by Lobot; 07-27-2024, 09:23 AM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Was always my favorite game of the year..... one we usually could win, and I enjoyed greatly keeping the bell from them.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

UC Miami rivalry was what college football is all about. Close schools, many local alumni. I am going to miss the charm of going to Oxford and that experience.

Comment

Recently going to Oxford has been an every 7 year
                            tradition. I did not enjoy the PBS insertion into the rivalry.
                            Last edited by Bearcat93; 07-27-2024, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I just hope that we can win this year to get the Bell back. I would hate for them to keep the Bell for the rest of history.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X