UCF Oct 12th 3:30 PM EST ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCF Oct 12th 3:30 PM EST ESPN2

A week after the bye, and UCF will be coming off a big intrastate game at Florida, then they play at #16 Iowa State, so let's make this a trap game for the Knights. Honestly, Colorado hasn't really impressed anyone, yet they demolished the Knights at the Bounce House. With an extra week of planning, I believe Sorsby and a healthy combo of Kiner/Pryor and UC simply is the better team. No prediction yet until I see those key injury updates, and the outcome of their game in the Swamp.

For those traveling to the game: Be Early, Be Loud, and Wear Red!
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

The UCF fans have gone into meltdown mode after the lackluster effort in the Swamp. They want the AD and GusBus out of there suddenly. Kind of wild to watch that from them. I'm not sure if we'll encounter a UCF team that has quit or one out for revenge.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Something bad is going on at UCF. They've now lost at least 4 players to the redshirt/portal combo move and their kicker, Colton Boomer, was the most recent one this morning.

Also there's a hurricane that's currently Category 4 coming into the Tampa and Orlando area that puts in question whether this game gets played as scheduled. They are already talking about evacuations. I have a family member in New Port Richey and everything is sold out, food, water, gas, etc. If the game does get played on time, there may not be a full house in attendance. Hurricane Milton is supposed to hit the coastal area on Thursday morning.
      Last edited by Lobot; 10-07-2024, 09:57 AM.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Something bad is going on at UCF. They've now lost at least 4 players to the redshirt/portal combo move and their kicker, Colton Boomer, was the most recent one this morning.

Also there's a hurricane that's currently Category 4 coming into the Tampa and Orlando area that puts in question whether this game gets played as scheduled. They are already talking about evacuations. I have a family member in New Port Richey and everything is sold out, food, water, gas, etc. If the game does get played on time, there may not be a full house in attendance. Hurricane Milton is supposed to hit the coastal area on Thursday morning.
        Per UCF's athletics website today, campus will be closed until Friday, at which time scheduled events are on as scheduled (at least for the time being):

"Fridayā€™s home events (menā€™s soccer vs. Marshall and volleyball vs. Iowa State) remain as scheduled, as University officials continue to monitor the storm. Saturdayā€™s football game against Cincinnati remains slated for a 3:30 p.m. kickoff from FBC Mortgage."

Comment

The storm has already vaulted to Cat 5 and if the game goes off as scheduled, this will be played in terrible conditions most likely.

I have a mental picture of the game we played at WV in the pouring rain during the Big East era where there were double digit fumbles.

If you know anyone in the area from Spring Hill/Tampa area to the south on the coast or slightly inland, they needed to leave like yesterday. They are expecting a 20 ft storm surge in Tampa Bay.

Hopefully, the game is played as scheduled. If not, safety first.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            The storm has already vaulted to Cat 5 and if the game goes off as scheduled, this will be played in terrible conditions most likely.

I have a mental picture of the game we played at WV in the pouring rain during the Big East era where there were double digit fumbles.

If you know anyone in the area from Spring Hill/Tampa area to the south on the coast or slightly inland, they needed to leave like yesterday. They are expecting a 20 ft storm surge in Tampa Bay.

Hopefully, the game is played as scheduled. If not, safety first.
            The current 7 day forecast shows rain ending Friday, but I fear the devastation that will be left after this storm so close after Helene. A 3:30 kickoff should help give ths storm a few more hours to get fully out into the Atlantic.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

The current 7 day forecast shows rain ending Friday, but I fear the devastation that will be left after this storm so close after Helene. A 3:30 kickoff should help give ths storm a few more hours to get fully out into the Atlantic.
              Someone just informed me that itā€™s supposed to be 82 and sunny at game time. Still unsure what field conditions, wind and attendance will be like. Should be interesting.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The current 7 day forecast shows rain ending Friday, but I fear the devastation that will be left after this storm so close after Helene. A 3:30 kickoff should help give the storm a few more hours to get fully out into the Atlantic.
                The problem in Orlando won't be surge, but saturation. It already has rained heavily and, although the ground is sandy and capable of absorbing a lot of water, it's already under duress.

Add to that considerable wind (including tornadic) and power outages will be widespread. If the utility companies can't get them back on-line by Saturday, there'll be no way to play there.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

The problem in Orlando won't be surge, but saturation. It already has rained heavily and, although the ground is sandy and capable of absorbing a lot of water, it's already under duress.

Add to that considerable wind (including tornadic) and power outages will be widespread. If the utility companies can't get them back on-line by Saturday, there'll be no way to play there.
                  I think in the name of safety, we should invite them to Clifton. We can be gracious hosts on short notice.

Comment

I think in the name of safety, we should invite them to Clifton. We can be gracious hosts on short notice.
                    I agree. Just promise them we will play there the next two times. Make the game at 7 p.m., and charge fans a low price for general admission tickets. Would be fun, and it is the logical thing to do.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

TV: Mike Monaco, Kirk Morrison, Dawn Davenport

Comment

UCF says still scheduled for 3:30 on Saturday but continuing to monitor/evaluate

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          UCF says still scheduled for 3:30 on Saturday but continuing to monitor/evaluate
                          How are they going to play the game with limited electricity, road problems, and who knows what else? They should just be smart and move the game to Cincinnati, and promise to play them there the next two games.

B.C.
                          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

How are they going to play the game with limited electricity, road problems, and who knows what else? They should just be smart and move the game to Cincinnati, and promise to play them there the next two games.

B.C.
                            I tend to agree with you Chris but If they can get people there, they'll want the concessions and walk up ticket revenue. Better than zero for them. UC may not be able to suddenly staff the stadium on 3 days notice

I'm not even sure our team can get into Orlando in time. I can't imagine they sent the equipment truck into a hurricane. Where are the equipment staff staying and can they get to the stadium?

Does anyone know where the UCF team is right now? Orlando is central but it's going right over them from the look of it. The campus is closed until Friday.

I'm sure there will be more clarity going forward but It really looks right now that it's going to be a cluster.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Well Iā€™m here & hopefully they can play the game šŸ™

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X