Coach Kelly Situation
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
I actually believe what you say just based on how long you have been on this board and how you are always right on in your comments...
but I find it funny how many people know someone who is connected to a big ND booster and is in the know. I mean I know ND has a lot of boosters...but it seems like everyone and their brother knows someone...kinda makes me laughComment
-
I actually ALSO got an email today (12/3/09) from a well trusted ND alum that stated this very thing about Stoops. Basically, and I paraphrase this email...but the jist was Stoops was in Toledo recently for his grandmothers funeral and flew back to Dallas to meet with ND reps. One thing that was hanging the deal up is that he wants his brother part of the package (Mark, the AZ def coordinator) Swarbrick is waiting till all the conf championships wrap up so the ND can command full attention on Monday.
This basically sounds like what your source said!?! Let's all hope this is correct info!Last edited by Dambee; 12-04-2009, 08:51 AM.Comment
-
Why not kick in some escalator clauses - Kelly loves a challenge. If revenue hits a certain mark, add a bonus.
Make it realistic based on the stadium size and the facility situation, but tie at least some of it to the ability to maintain the brand.Comment
-
The search is clearly progressing on three 'tiers' --
Tier 1 is Stoops (maybe Meyer).
Tier 2 is Kelly.
Tier 3 is Holtz / Harbaugh / Edsall.
They're probably waiting to see what they've got with Stoops, and if they get no (or if they've already gotten a no), they'll drop down to Kelly (who they're probably already in contact with), and if for some reason Kelly falls through (likely if UC makes the NCG and they don't want to wait until January to get him), they're vetting third tier candidates to make sure that SOMEONE will be in place before the year ends.
They probably know that Kelly is a "yes" if the situation is right, they probably know that at least one of Holtz / Edsall / Harbaugh is a "yes" if all else fails. They're just waiting on Stoops, Cincinnati, and Texas at this point.
That's my read.#41
You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.Comment
-
There is definitely a lot of chatter that the whole Stoops deal is still very much alive!Comment
-
You can make that:The search is clearly progressing on three 'tiers' --
Tier 1 is Stoops (maybe Meyer).
Tier 2 is Kelly.
Tier 3 is Holtz / Harbaugh / Edsall.
They're probably waiting to see what they've got with Stoops, and if they get no (or if they've already gotten a no), they'll drop down to Kelly (who they're probably already in contact with), and if for some reason Kelly falls through (likely if UC makes the NCG and they don't want to wait until January to get him), they're vetting third tier candidates to make sure that SOMEONE will be in place before the year ends.
They probably know that Kelly is a "yes" if the situation is right, they probably know that at least one of Holtz / Edsall / Harbaugh is a "yes" if all else fails. They're just waiting on Stoops, Cincinnati, and Texas at this point.
That's my read.
1. Stoops
2. Harbaugh
Seasons not complete, not allowed to contact:
3. Kelly
4. Holtz
5. EdsallBryan ShawComment
-
People can say what they want but BCF 58 usually knows what he is talking about and is very credible.Comment
-
They said on ESPN last night that ND was hiring a consulting firm to help them with their search?!?Go Bearcats!!!Comment
-
Google "George McAlister lawyer" and read about him. He is founder of bigtime patent law firm in Chicago.I actually believe what you say just based on how long you have been on this board and how you are always right on in your comments...
but I find it funny how many people know someone who is connected to a big ND booster and is in the know. I mean I know ND has a lot of boosters...but it seems like everyone and their brother knows someone...kinda makes me laughComment
-
I actually got an email today from a well trusted ND alum that stated this very thing about Stoops. Basically, and I paraphrase this email...but the jist was Stoops was in Toledo recently for his grandmothers funeral and flew back to Dallas to meet with ND reps. One thing that was hanging the deal up is that he wants his brother part of the package (Mark, the AZ def coordinator) Swarbrick is waiting till all the conf championships wrap up so the ND can command full attention on Monday.
This basically sounds like what your source said!?! Let's all hope this is correct info![/QUOTE]
Yes, pretty much the same thing he heard.Comment
-
I don't think he's definitivly said he's staying. There always seems to be something there that leaves an opening to go somewhere else. I like the way Meyer, and to a somewhat lesser degree, Stoops said it. This leaves me with a feeling that he will take the ND job if offered it.Comment
-
Which is probably true.I don't think he's definitivly said he's staying. There always seems to be something there that leaves an opening to go somewhere else. I like the way Meyer, and to a somewhat lesser degree, Stoops said it. This leaves me with a feeling that he will take the ND job if offered it.Comment
-
Hope that it is true about Stoops taking the ND job. If it is officially true, UC will play against Oklahoma without Stoops next year. I am sure critics will say "Oh well, UC beat Oklahoma because of the new head coach. No credit for UC!....blah blah whatever"I bleed red and black!!!!Comment
-
BFS 1958, here is a cut/paste of the email I spoke about yesterday, my source is also an attorney who currently lives in S.B. (think, two names...inside the Marriott) they are very familar with the process and I will go on record to say I believe Stoops will be hired on monday not this weekend, if not...then the deal is dead. We will see!?! :-)
"So Stoops is still in the mix - I will get the days wrong so just roll with me. His grandmother died (last week, this week?) and so Stoops was in Toledo for the funeral. After the funeral, Stoops flew back to Dallas and Stoops' agent stayed and met with ND reps. Apparently its not the first meeting with Stoops agent and ND reps as they met in Atlanta previously.I guess they are hashing out details. One of which is aparently Stoops is insisting on his brother who is the Arizona defensive coach has to be a part of the deal.
Additionally its peoples guess it will be early next week that they make the call. They have the Football banquet tomorrow night so they would not want to say anything until after that, also Jack appears to be a bit of a media creature in terms of knowing how to handle them, so people could see him waiting until after the Conference Championship games this weekend and the BCS selection show on Sunday, and waiting until next Monday to make sure ND captures the full attention of the Media. Although if they do land Stoops I don’t think that would be much of a problem no matter when they announced it. "Last edited by Dambee; 12-04-2009, 09:46 AM.Comment
Comment