No announcement yet.

John Cunningham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did any make it to this this morning? Rumor has it they scrapped the basketball reseating for season ticket holders in 23.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I attended & great news for bb fans. They will not reseat the 5/3 arena for the 1st two seasons in the Big 12. The will raise prices but current season ticket holders will be able to keep their seats.
      I believe this is a great move & rewards long standing UCAT members.

Comment

what was the reason for looking to reseat? I remember the original comms being pretty generic and just seemed like a cover for whatever the real reason was. I'm sure it all boils down to $$$ but they'll get that with the price increase.

In my mind, i envisioned a big donor that was upset they couldn't get better seats haha

Comment

Here's the official release on it.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/8/2...ency-plan.aspx

nolte50uc I think the original reason was to kinda reset the priority points structure along with the new conference and jack up the prices for the Big XII. They still restructured the points last year and will jack up prices in '23. I think there's a real question as to what the conference lansdscape will look like in 24 and 25. You better believe some donors made noise about it though.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Cunningham in Dayton selling the Bearcats. Cincinnati Bearcats AD touts program's bright future during Dayton appearance (yahoo.com)

Comment

Subscriber-only article from Scott Springer:

UC AD John Cunningham on NIL, Big 12 move, facilities and more in an exclusive 1-on-1
              https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...e/70029723007/

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                Subscriber-only article from Scott Springer:

UC AD John Cunningham on NIL, Big 12 move, facilities and more in an exclusive 1-on-1
                https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...e/70029723007/
                I read that article this morning. After GB31's post, I went back to read the comments on the article. The commenters are all in agreement on one point - they do not like Cunningham. The kindest comment was that it is too early to tell about Satterfield and Miller. The harshest was that UC will dwell in mediocrity in a best case scenario due to Cunningham. I'm not sure what the rationale, if any, behind the comments are, but I do find it strange.

I for one like Cunningham, mostly because he is a lawyer and approaches the AD job from that perspective. I may be biased because that also happens to be my career, but I do feel like coming from a compliance background as Cunningham does is crucially important to an AD job.

JMHO.

Comment

That is interesting that he is getting negative feedback. It is my impression that he has done a good job. Judgment is coming too soon on both the major men's hires.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
                    That is interesting that he is getting negative feedback. It is my impression that he has done a good job. Judgment is coming too soon on both the major men's hires.
                    I like the guy, I think he’s done a good job. Most of the commenters are probably just the usual complainers, or Xavier people, and I think the vast majority of Bearcat fans like the guy.

Comment

I've met him a few times. He's pretty likeable in person. Very smart and doesn't mince words much.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Speaking of John, He seems to like young, up and coming coaches with a good track record. Wes just turned 40 and Katrina Merriweather is also 40. Satterfield is 50. Erica Demers is sub 40 but I can't find her actual age anywhere. Unless I missed someone, those are the only HCs he's hired. All the other coaches are from the Bohn zone or earlier.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Coffee with Cunningham will restart on 8/15/23 with Strength and Condition’s Niko Palazeti
                          Last edited by Lobot; 08-03-2023, 06:10 PM.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Speaking of John, He seems to like young, up and coming coaches with a good track record. Wes just turned 40 and Katrina Merriweather is also 40. Satterfield is 50. Erica Demers is sub 40 but I can't find her actual age anywhere. Unless I missed someone, those are the only HCs he's hired. All the other coaches are from the Bohn zone or earlier.
                            Baseball: Coach Bischell is 42, but this was way after your comment date.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Coffee with Cunningham:

Tuesday, August 15, 2023
                              Time:
                              7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. ET

Questions in Advance?: https://cpaw.me/CoffeeQs

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                                Coffee with Cunningham:

Tuesday, August 15, 2023
                                Time: