X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremiah Davenport = brand ambassador
    https://twitter.com/J24Davenport/sta...84143590559745

Comment

A group of the football guys have signed with Yoke Gaming. It's an app that allow you to play video games against them.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Huge issue with Barstool Sports coming down. We have athletes that have signed with Barstool Athletics which is their NIL brand. Barstool owns a gambling site. Not allowed. These athletes are risking their eligibility.

This seems to involve mostly Women’s volleyball players unless I missed someone along the way.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          Jeremiah Davenport = brand ambassador
          https://twitter.com/J24Davenport/sta...84143590559745
          https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...er/7936434002/

Davenport's contract with the company is a one-year deal worth a minimum of $3,000, Decker said. Davenport will be expected to devote 20-30 hours of his time to the company over the duration of the contract. The company will be flexible to Davenport's demands both in the classroom and on the court, Decker said.

Davenport or the company can choose to vacate the contract at any time. Davenport could earn as much as $15,000-$20,000 over the duration of his contract, Decker said.

"No matter what he does, he's going to get $3,000," Decker said. "He gets $1,000 per internal hire. So if he helps us hire someone on campus and they're with us for basically three months, we give him $1,000.

"We're hoping his branding on campus is really going to help us attract UC students, people who are coming out of school that want to be a part of a growing company. That's one thing that we have not done well in my 12 years is recruit college campuses."

Davenport, who averaged 11.7 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.7 assists last season en route to being the only UC player to earn a spot on the American Athletic Conference All-Tournament team, will receive a direct deposit once a month that could also include bonuses if Davenport's social media posts reach targeted levels of engagement.

"If he gets a lot of engagement, that helps grow our brand," Decker said. "We'll give him bonuses from up to $500 per post if it hits 2,000 likes on some platforms and 1,000 likes on another platform."

Davenport has more than 3,600 followers on Twitter and more than 8,400 followers on Instagram. His quote tweet of the company's announcement of the brand ambassador deal garnered more than 30 retweets and 300 likes on Twitter. His post on Instagram earned more than 1,400 likes as of Monday afternoon.

Davenport is just the first UC student-athlete The Job Center has signed to a brand ambassador deal. Decker said the company is also looking to add more men's and women's athletes, including UC women's basketball sophomore guard and former Loveland High School standout Jillian Hayes.

"There will be similar pay for both male and female (student-athletes)," Decker said. "Diversity and inclusion is what we're about because we have so much diversity on our staff."

(article also mentions details related to the private plane Wes used for recruiting)

Comment

Malik Vann has signed up with 513Shirts for a custom line and logo. The shirts are already available on their website.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Desmond Ridder has signed an NIL deal with Vanyersports. Hard to tell what this encompasses from a merchandise or promotion standpoint right. They are a marketing group.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Andy Wittry took a long dive into NIL and sponsorships this morning. Worth a read if you can get through it. I don't think it's paywalled but it could be.

https://andywittry.substack.com/p/an...oVDiX_RDLQIBzI
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I believe this whole thing will eventually blow up in a bad way.

Comment

Originally posted by ME80 View Post
                    I believe this whole thing will eventually blow up in a bad way.
                    You might be right. Eventually some important player is going to run afoul of the the rules here. Hopefully the wild west aspect to the start of this thing will slow down soon.

We're just getting started but I've already seen one of our athletes throw out a Dogecoin cryptocurrency promo on Instagram. That's suspect at best and I hope it got taken down. Crypto promotions by social media influencers are a huge issue with the SEC (Financial version) currently, much less the NCAA.
                    Last edited by Lobot; 07-19-2021, 09:47 AM.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

A little info on Desmond RIdder in here ($)

https://theathletic.com/2716087/2021...eness-changes/
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The Athletic is reporting ($) a 5-star 2023 football recruit signed a deal that could pay him more than $8 million by the end of his junior year of college, in exchange for making public appearances and partaking in social media deals. Oh yeah, the payment is from a school's NIL collective.
                        https://theathletic.com/3178558/2022...han-8-million/

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          The Athletic is reporting ($) a 5-star 2023 football recruit signed a deal that could pay him more than $8 million by the end of his junior year of college, in exchange for making public appearances and partaking in social media deals. Oh yeah, the payment is from a school's NIL collective.
                          https://theathletic.com/3178558/2022...han-8-million/
                          I hate where this is going. The teams who cheated before will continue to, but 100x times worse, with no consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I hate where this is going. The teams who cheated before will continue to, but 100x times worse, with no consequences.
                            I think they're going to need a new governing body and enforcement process to get a handle on this because I don't think the NCAA will be around in FBS football much longer and their current structure and bylaws are not made for handling this mess.

Imagine everyone in the country behaving like SMU did before the death penalty. We're headed for a defacto pro league.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X