Wbb '22-23

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbb '22-23

The Bearcats just received a commitment from transfer Mya Jackson. Jackson was formerly at Seton Hall. She's from Wilmington OH, so a sort of homecoming for her.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...61/mya-jackson

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Transfers incoming ..

https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/5/2...n-trotter.aspx
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Non conference schedule is out. After the exhibition they have a really tough opening game against UofL

https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/8/1...-schedule.aspx
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Jillian Hayes is on the Second Team preseason all conference team and the Bearcats are picked to finish 9th in the conference by the coaches.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am awaiting confirmation on tickets for WBB and where my seats are. If you want to attend a game, let me know. I will be happy to help you out.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Many of the games are prior to the men's game. I used to take my daughter down to games but that has been 20 years ago. I may start taking my granddaughter down now.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              Many of the games are prior to the men's game. I used to take my daughter down to games but that has been 20 years ago. I may start taking my granddaughter down now.
              If you need tickets let me know. I have a pair this year
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC WBB is 7-12, currently 0-6 in AAC play and riding a 7-game losing streak.

The program was 22-10 (11-5) three seasons ago.

Comment

I remember being quite impressed with Clark-Heard a few years back. I felt like she would turn the program around. Unfortunately, she hasn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                    I remember being quite impressed with Clark-Heard a few years back. I felt like she would turn the program around. Unfortunately, she hasn’t.
                    I still think she can coach but revolving door of transfers, foreign players, and JuCos needs to stop. I'd like to see more focus on local 4 year players. We have a few now but it's not the focus. I would bet that either Clark-Heard doesn't make it to the BIg 12 or will be out after one season without progress. There are some powerhouse programs in the new league and we will not one of them without markedly better recruiting.

All in all the song remains the same for WBB from the last 3 coaches. If we want this program to get better we have invest in it with time and money. It's gotten better but we're not even close to level of the our incoming conference colleagues right now. Trend is going in the wrong direction for sure and I'm like you, I'm surprised it has gone south with her so quickly.

Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was looking at the standings this morning. The Bearcats are are 0-8 in conference which puts them firmly in last place. Normally I'd say that qualifies them for the bottom seed in the conference tournament but according to the American website, the 12th seed doesn't play at all. Now, i think this is a mistake and there's no actual bracket posted but if it's not, we're getting left out of the conference tournament?
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ok, so I could delete this because I’m super wrong here. I went under the assumption that there were still 12 teams in conference . There aren’t, there’s eleven after Uconn bolted.

Oddly enough we picked up a road win today and now we’re 1-8 in conference. Still in last but we’re playing the tourney and have a shot at a 10th seed now.,
                        Last edited by Lobot; 02-04-2023, 09:30 PM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Regular season ends at 9-20, 2-14 AAC... #11 seed (last seed) in next week's AAC WBB tourney.

From a W/L perspective, you'd have thought things might have improved once UConn left for the Big East. Instead, the results have been worse.
                          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-02-2023, 02:18 PM.

Comment

The program had a lot of injuries two years ago which led to an 8-16 Covid shortened record. You could argue that this season might be an improvement. We have 5 seniors departing including the Scott twins. Someone on Twitter mentioned that any good player in the region that is good enough for D-1 headds to the B1G. Need to fix the local recruiting. We are not a destination program at all right now. even in our own backyard The program dropped off a cliff after I'Marii Thomas graduated.

I've heard some rumors about things that were said to the team by folks that were demotivational in general. Not sure how true that is but going into the Big 12 you have wonder if Clark-Heard gets a 6th year.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The women start their tourney at 6:00 on ESPN+
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...