Apparel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparel

No deal has been struck but negotiations have happened with both Nike and Adidas to the best of my knowledge. This something that came out of a UCATS briefing a long while back.

I know everyone wants the Jumpman basketball unis back but other than that, what’s your preference?
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

My preference is the one that gives the athletic department the best deal. Usually either the baskeball coach or football coach is the one that brings in the sponsor. Any word on who is driving this?

Comment

I've been waiting a long time to purchase a new football jersey. I never liked the UA ones. I'm still wearing the old Adidas one. Hopefully whoever gets the contract comes out with a great design

Comment

I think the fans want Jumpman jerseys again at least for basketball. The downside to that is that you get nothing from Nike to wear those. There's no payout to UC for Jumpman. Standard Nike is a different contract structure as is adidas
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I would hope that we continue to stay away from adidas -- nothing more than a personal preference/distaste for the adidas stuff

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            I would hope that we continue to stay away from adidas -- nothing more than a personal preference/distaste for the adidas stuff
            I agree with you from a uniform standpoint.

Fan gear wise, I thought Adidas stuff was pretty well made at a good price point. UA';s price point is high and the quality has gone downhill over the life of the contract. The clothing itself is good quality but they've gone from embroidery to low quality heat transfer on the logos over 5 years and they fall off after one year's worth of wear.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tony Pike just said it looks like we’re moving to Nike.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                Tony Pike just said it looks like we’re moving to Nike.
                Do they have lots of NIL money for us?

Comment

That’s been in the works for a while. I don’t think
                  you’ll hear anything official on it until we get closer to July 1.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Chad Brendel said on last night's BCJ BBP podcast that they are definitely talking with Nike but nothing official/guaranteed

Comment

Rumor circulating that we're sticking with UA through the '23-24 season. I pretty sure this is when the deal was supposed to expire anyway.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bummer, was really hoping for a new football jersey. Still rocking the old Adidas one because I never liked the UA design

Comment

I like UA gear, at least for football. I liked how many variants the players could choose from. They did a really nice job of mixing in various colors.

Comment

I am old school. I like the hard knocks of a uniform. I like Penn State. I still kind of like MSU but they have changed and i would rather have them wear the block S. I understand that the kids now days like flashy and dashing so i will not object to fancy. However, can we just keep it all black? No all red and no all white.

Comment

Let's get this thread re-fired up...

There's been plenty of chatter and possible clues about UC switching away from Under Armour to the Jordan Brand. Today, on Instagram, Jeremiah Davenport posted some photos from graduation -- including a photo of him with Wes Miller. Wes Miller is wearing a UC hat with a Jordan logo, a UC shirt with a Jordan logo, Jordan pants, and I think Nike shoes. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fu6jwVPW...jpg&name=large

It's not IF. It's a matter of WHEN.

Monday, May 1 would be a great day to announce...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X