Travis Kelce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    OK, so to follow up on the random Chris thread for this week (I'm kidding Chris), Travis definitely DOES support the University of Cincinnati, the football program and puts his money where his mouth is, both in facilities donations and recruiting budget support.

He intros himself for games as Cleveland Heights HS because he wants to, and he and Jason have branding around the Heights name with their podcast at this point. He's always done this. This is not new. It's his prerogative to do so and no amount of whining from the fanbase about this topic on here, FB, Twitter or elsewhere is going to change his mind most likely. GET OVER IT PEOPLE. It's out of your control and the topic has been beaten to death over his entire career in every CIncinnati related forum possible . Stop complaining about it and spend your energy on something you can actually control because let's face it, Travis is slightly uncontrollable anyway.

Speaking of control, based on what I've read two things happened with the Kelce screaming at his coach situation in the Super Bowl. Travis was frustrated because they took him out as a blocker on the previous play. The guy who went in for him missed a key block on the play which led directly to a turnover by Pacheco. Travis is emotional and highly competitive. He was mad at Andy Reid for letting the OC sub him out. Kelce and Reid have a very good relationship. You'll notice if you watch the replay, that Andy basically doesn't flinch after he gets bumped and barely even looks at him and just calls the next play.

There are very few people in the league or any league that have a relationship with their coach where you can bump, grab and scream at them without being benched or removed to the locker room by the rest of the staff. None of that happened. Travis vented, cooled off and went back in the game on the next series.

Reid was quoted after the game on the subject saying "He keeps me young" and "The part I love is that he loves to play the game and he wants to help his team win," Reid told reporters. "It's not a selfish thing, that's not what it is, and I understand that. So as much as he bumps into me, I get after him and we understand that."

Do you want to model that behavior for younger players? No, because in most instances that would get you kicked off the team. This was not that scenario.
    I thought he was screaming to have more camera time than his girl friend.

Comment

• That makes perfect sense, sorry I posted in the wrong place!

B.C.
      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Travis apologized on his podcast for his outburst.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/14/sport...ntl/index.html
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• For a long time our most visible alum in wider society was Nick Lachey. Travis is a pretty likeable dude who can be very intense and very goofy at different times. I don't think he needs to be an explicit ambassador for the university to have a positive impact.

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
            For a long time our most visible alum in wider society was Nick Lachey. Travis is a pretty likeable dude who can be very intense and very goofy at different times. I don't think he needs to be an explicit ambassador for the university to have a positive impact.
            I like Jason's impact and the torch being passed to Sauce. Sauce though, doesn't have quite the charisma as the Kelces. Jason's wife is a big UC promoter. It would be cool if all the kelces (Mom &Taylor too) showed up for a tournament game. When Jason makes the Hall of Fame a big celebration and statue are due.

Comment

• I ignore all of the "background noise" of our past players, unless it is a legal matter. I had a coworker from Purdue that mentioned to me last week that he had no idea that Travis and Jason were brothers. He also found it interesting that Travis was recruited as a low star quarterback and Jason was a walk-on. These two guys are truly success stories that need to be told.

Comment

• Per Front Office Sports, Travis is your host for the upcoming season of "Are You Smarter Than a Celebrity"
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X