• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man down, not playing tonight
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Do we want to talk about Travis and TSwift? It’s everywhere else but it’s goosed his jersey sales number 400% including some UC varieties.

There is a Nike Tkelce jersey for sale out there and UC is heavily promoting it because it benefits the program.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rumor mill saying that Swift and Travis are coming to UC for homecoming. Chiefs play Thursday night 10/12 that week leaving that weekend off for the players…

Comment

If this is true I'm gonna sell my seats to some swifties for 10x the cost lol

Comment

Gonna need extra security that day.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

All-time NFL playoffs receptions leader https://x.com/gobearcatsfb/status/17...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

9 receptions for 93 yards, including a massive 22-yard pick up in the Chiefs' latest Super Bowl victory

Comment

Travis has already stated he's coming back next year for a 3-peat opportunity. I suspect 2024 might be his last year though, especially if his relationship with Taylor Swift pans out long term.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The worse part of the Chiefs winning the game is that we will have to sit through those wretched commercials another year. Too much saturation for me. Ohn the plus side, his brother's wife looked great in that UC shirt.

Comment

• According to NBC, The Super Bowl half time speech in the locker room that fired up the Chiefs was given by Travis.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        According to NBC, The Super Bowl half time speech in the locker room that fired up the Chiefs was given by Travis.
                        Not sure they were that fired up. They won because the 49’rs missed an XP, and a 49’rs rookie let a punt hit his foot. Seems the Chiefs were more lucky than good.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Not sure they were that fired up. They won because the 49’rs missed an XP, and a 49’rs rookie let a punt hit his foot. Seems the Chiefs were more lucky than good.
                          A disgruntled 49er fan maybe?

KC had more passing yards and more rushing yards. Seems to me both teams made a lot of mistakes.
                          Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 02-12-2024, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

A disgruntled 49er fan maybe?

KC had more passing yards and more rushing yards. Seems to me both teams made a lot of mistakes.
                            No, it’s actually sad that one of them had to win. I dislike both, but I know what I saw. I did spend a few years in Frisco for my first job out of college, but never a 49’rs fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

No, it’s actually sad that one of them had to win. I dislike both, but I know what I saw. I did spend a few years in Frisco for my first job out of college, but never a 49’rs fan.
                              Like you, I dislike both of them. Funny, I worked as an IT consultant in KC a couple of times. I have been an avid Bengals fan since their inception. I was a student at UC while Greg Cook was there.
                              Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 02-13-2024, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• OK, so to follow up on the random Chris thread for this week (I'm kidding Chris), Travis definitely DOES support the University of Cincinnati, the football program and puts his money where his mouth is, both in facilities donations and recruiting budget support.

He intros himself for games as Cleveland Heights HS because he wants to, and he and Jason have branding around the Heights name with their podcast at this point. He's always done this. This is not new. It's his prerogative to do so and no amount of whining from the fanbase about this topic on here, FB, Twitter or elsewhere is going to change his mind most likely. GET OVER IT PEOPLE. It's out of your control and the topic has been beaten to death over his entire career in every CIncinnati related forum possible . Stop complaining about it and spend your energy on something you can actually control because let's face it, Travis is slightly uncontrollable anyway.

Speaking of control, based on what I've read two things happened with the Kelce screaming at his coach situation in the Super Bowl. Travis was frustrated because they took him out as a blocker on the previous play. The guy who went in for him missed a key block on the play which led directly to a turnover by Pacheco. Travis is emotional and highly competitive. He was mad at Andy Reid for letting the OC sub him out. Kelce and Reid have a very good relationship. You'll notice if you watch the replay, that Andy basically doesn't flinch after he gets bumped and barely even looks at him and just calls the next play.

There are very few people in the league or any league that have a relationship with their coach where you can bump, grab and scream at them without being benched or removed to the locker room by the rest of the staff. None of that happened. Travis vented, cooled off and went back in the game on the next series.

Reid was quoted after the game on the subject saying "He keeps me young" and "The part I love is that he loves to play the game and he wants to help his team win," Reid told reporters. "It's not a selfish thing, that's not what it is, and I understand that. So as much as he bumps into me, I get after him and we understand that."

Do you want to model that behavior for younger players? No, because in most instances that would get you kicked off the team. This was not that scenario.

Last edited by Lobot; 02-13-2024, 07:00 PM.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X