Zach Harvey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
    Makes me nauseous to think where the program could be headed. For now, I'll hold on to hope coach knows what he's doin and Harvey just doesn't work hard enough or something. wish he would mature with us, but...it is world we're in now...how do you build a program in this climate?
    I have had concerns this year with the future of the program. Many have said year 2 was always supposed to be a rebuild year. But with the pandemic combined with the new transfer rules, a concerning time to be trying to build things up as part of a coaching transition. (Different but reminds me of the unfortunate timing of the apex of the Reds’ rebuild coinciding with the pandemic).

Comment

https://twitter.com/zachxharvey/stat...151345154?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
        Playing behind Mason Madsen??? It’s time to GO. Madsen is a Patriot/Horizon League player. My nephew plays for West Point. They were laughing when UC signed Rap.
        was he really playing behind Madsen? is there enough sample size to say that? idk...wasn't Zach just getting better from covid too?

Comment

This is very upsetting. On top of this, we have nobody signed for the 2021 class. I want coach Brannen to succeed, but that is beginning to look less likely. How long until the fans cry out for a new coach?

Comment

This is the more relevant point. Is the Harvey news by itself concerning? No. But this team just okay and there is nobody coming in right now for 21-22. I would have thought Harvey would start next season. Guess not.
            Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
            This is very upsetting. On top of this, we have nobody signed for the 2021 class. I want coach Brannen to succeed, but that is beginning to look less likely. How long until the fans cry out for a new coach?

Comment

well - anyone could see there was problems. I don't blame it on the kids not having their promises lived up to. They are kids. The coaches need to adapt in this new environment and until UC gets a coach that can adapt, we will continue to see this ragtag rostering. I saw how Madsen came out of nowhere to be the prized pupil. Yes CJB is recruiting his brother as he needs bodies, but you need to handle the whole team. I don't understand the inner workings as all I know is what I see on TV, but what I see is not good and you can't keep blaming covid and the transfer rules. Sometimes the adults need to beat the system before they can beat other teams. I look a few miles up to central Ohio and there is a coach up there who is beating the system so far. He also has a steady athletic department with funding. I think that would help the program too. If the ADs and coaches move on, why don't we think 20 year olds won't. They have 4 years and so it is about playing time. They are just not stuck on the farm since the rule changes.
              Give CJB the coming year to see if he can play by the new rules. If not it is time to cut him loose. With Basketball, a fresh, astute coach can turn things around in a hurry.
              Am I a fickle fan? No I am a UC fan and I am used to seeing the team compete and win. It is not whining, but winning.

Comment

Prize pupil, well said. Blaming the player is always easy. Bad attitude, blah blah. Last year it was Jaron Cumberland’s fault.

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                well - anyone could see there was problems. I don't blame it on the kids not having their promises lived up to. They are kids. The coaches need to adapt in this new environment and until UC gets a coach that can adapt, we will continue to see this ragtag rostering. I saw how Madsen came out of nowhere to be the prized pupil. Yes CJB is recruiting his brother as he needs bodies, but you need to handle the whole team. I don't understand the inner workings as all I know is what I see on TV, but what I see is not good and you can't keep blaming covid and the transfer rules. Sometimes the adults need to beat the system before they can beat other teams. I look a few miles up to central Ohio and there is a coach up there who is beating the system so far. He also has a steady athletic department with funding. I think that would help the program too. If the ADs and coaches move on, why don't we think 20 year olds won't. They have 4 years and so it is about playing time. They are just not stuck on the farm since the rule changes.
                Give CJB the coming year to see if he can play by the new rules. If not it is time to cut him loose. With Basketball, a fresh, astute coach can turn things around in a hurry.
                Am I a fickle fan? No I am a UC fan and I am used to seeing the team compete and win. It is not whining, but winning.

My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Opt out is just another way of saying quiting. For all the hype you guys keep heaping on Harvey, he has never done anything as a Bearcat. There is clearly some flaw we are not aware of. Does quiting give us any clue? We recruited him late and there was some extenuating circumstances involved as I recall. I hate to see it but I want hard working, blue collar for you Huggins guys, people of character on our team, not talented guys who think they are entitled. I hate to lose Zach and wish he could have worked through whatever is going on, but a coach is got to stick to his principles if he wants to be respected. This one might be a tough one for Brannen to overcome however. Good luck to Zach.

Comment

In this year, which has been incredibly tough on everyone, I do not blame Zach for opting out. This whole season is frustrating for everyone at all levels.

I am however annoyed that he might transfer considering all the extra work Brannen and Bohn went through to get him admitted to UC in the first place. If he does in fact eventually transfer, it makes me wonder who will take him based on his past issues from HS.
                    Last edited by Lobot; 02-17-2021, 10:06 AM.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Losing recruits via the portal is not unique to uc. All programs go through this process. And a lot it has to do with the type of recruits you inevitably obtain. The so called blue blood programs i.e. Duke, UNC, Ky, have to do very little recruiting in and of itself as most blue chippers are lined up to go to these elite programs and are game ready practically from day one. Others have to drvelope in order to beat out the more experienced players. I dont know why Cjb has pigeonholed Zack as strickly a wing when he was recruited as a combo guard if i recall.There were rumblings from ZH's family last year about why He was not getting in ball games. Unfortunately injury impeded his developement last year and so again at the beginning of this year and then covid hit the team. I dont understand why MAW amd Saunders and now MM have been his go to subs in recent games but all Zh sees id three freshman getting more playing time than he. Zack is not been a happy camper for awhile now and all this says that this bodes the chances of us landing 4 and 5 star ranked players in the future even less likely as it was in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        In this year, which has been incredibly tough on everyone, I do not blame Zach for opting out. This whole season is frustrating for everyone at all levels.

I am however annoyed that he might transfer considering all the extra work Brannen and Bohn went through to get him admitted to UC in the first place. If he does in fact eventually transfer, it makes me wonder who will take him based on his past issues from HS.
                        He has stayed clean and made the most of his second chance, so I think programs will have interest. As to Zach leaving after the coach and AD went to bat for him; well, that AD left too. What have you done for me lately? Answer, low playing time. Solution: seek playing time elsewhere.

Regarding no 2021 freshman signed: This is a particularly odd year, and hard on recruiting. Let's wait and see who ends up signing or transferring in before starting the Fire Brannen chants. Finishing above .500 this year is not what we would've considered a success, but all things considered, that may be a success. Brannen should get 3 years minimum. If he has a ragtag class again with no one signed for 2022, I might join in the rumblings, but it's too early for that right now.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

If you can play, there will always be a spot. I remember Art Long. He bounced around from 3 JCs. There will be Coaches perhaps secretly making contact as we speak.

Comment

Why I like ZH so much. At times, I saw the UC fire in his eyes. Too bad I usually saw him sulking on the bench. He was yanked out after a minute last game. He put on his top and stopped focusing on the game. I wonder if Eason had the same mindset. Time to do some major damage control and I don't mean about covid.

Comment

I hate to see ZH leave the program but I can see why he's interested in leaving.
                              IMO it's too early to beat up on CJB. The 1st year on the job is always tough due to the roster dump a new coach brings and this year the Covid restrictions/environment are just making it all around tough on everyone. As to why ZH isn't playing and other players are playing over him, I'm sure the coach is seeing something that we aren't. No coach is going to sit they're strongest, hardest working players for no reason.
                              Like everyone else I'm looking forward to a turn around to the program.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                                Opt out is just another way of saying quiting. For all the hype you guys keep heaping on Harvey, he has never done anything as a Bearcat. There is clearly some flaw we are not aware of. Does quiting give us any clue? We recruited him late and there was some extenuating circumstances involved as I recall. I hate to see it but I want hard working, blue collar for you Huggins guys, people of character on our team, not talented guys who think they are entitled. I hate to lose Zach and wish he could have worked through whatever is going on, but a coach is got to stick to his principles if he wants to be respected. This one might be a tough one for Brannen to overcome however. Good luck to Zach.
                                what were the extenuating circumstances?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X